Thread: The Arcane Schools (Magic Skills)

Hollywood Meets Bollywood Nargles's Avatar
    Bounty
    Exa

The Arcane Schools (Magic Skills)

THE ARCANE SCHOOLS

CASTING MAGIC

Each round, any character can cast a verbal and somatic spell, though casting both in the same round reduces their overall strength: the caster should designate a 'primary' spell, which is reduced in magnitude by one tier, and a 'secondary' spell, which is reduced in magnitude by two. These reductions do not apply if only one spell is cast per round.

Verbal spells have spoken incantations (School of Castus, School of Aquila), while somatic spells have physical components (School of Bellator, School of Serpens, School of Occultus).

Spells are automatically amplified in magnitude by the use of a catalyst (see below), and are divided into basic and advanced classes; basic spells do not require terra regia (pulveris) to cast, but advanced ones do. Regardless, any spell is capable of being augmented by terra regia pulveris, and the effects this augmentation has varies from spell to spell.

Castus prayers require calling on the power with specific words, and stating the name or intent within the prayer, but may be customized to suit the caster's persona.

CATALYSTS

Catalysts may be used to channel greater energy into all spells cast. Each school of magic requires its own catalyst, but the nature and design of each is unique to the user or creator.

Each school has a particular type of focus required. The school of Castus requires a sparkling gem; Occultus requires translucent crystal or glass; students of the school of Bellator may use any type of metal; for Serpens, the focus must be made of wood or bone; and in Aquila, the focus must be of hard, opaque stone. Custom dictates that the individual focus chosen should be significant to the caster, but in truth any item meeting the requirements may work.

To turn the focus into a catalyst requires an enchanter and a small amount of Terra Regia. The type does not matter: for one person, a catalyst may be a gemstone set into a rod of dahlitium lateris; for another, it may be a crystal phial filled with bigatium volantis; still another could create a metal vessel filled with auritium pulveris.

A caster wielding a catalyst amplifies the magnitude of all spells in the relevant school by one tier per grade of Terra Regia used in the catalyst's creation.

THE MAGIC SCHOOLS

CASTUS, THE IMMACULATE
    The School of Castus is the study of healing and restorative magic, purportedly bestowing the mercy of the Immaculate upon the recipients of the healing light. Those who master this school of knowledge are held in high regard, but also expected to utilize their talents for the benefit of others.

OCCULTUS, THE HIDDEN
    The School of Occultus is the study of illusion and deception. It examines the nature of the Hidden and the unknown, treating it as a philosophy. It is founded more in ideas than applications, though its spells are quite capable of affecting the real world.

BELLATOR, THE DESTROYER
    The School of Bellator is the study of destructive magic, dealing righteous punishment to the wicked as the Destroyer once did. This school of study is perhaps the most-studied, a fact which speaks poorly to the nature of the peoples of Araevis.

SERPENS, THE ARBITER
    The School of Serpens is the study of debilitating magic, restricting or harming its victims. As did the Serpent in the histories, students of this school bring down their adversaries from within and bind them in place, leaving them to suffer the punishment of their own iniquities.

AQUILA, THE EAGLE
    The School of Aquila is the study of supportive magic, empowering and protecting the blessed. The Eagle once shared the gift of flight and thus the students of this School honor that by bestowing gifts and protections upon others, as well as themselves.

Last edited by K3; 10-02-2016 at 02:34 PM.

Bounty
    Exa
    THE SCHOOL OF CASTUS

NOVICE

MEND
    Basic - 200 Vigor
    One of the caster's hands begins to glow bright white. Heals one flesh wound on a target within 10m, over the course of three rounds. Ineffective on fractures and burn wounds. Augmenting with Terra Regia increases the magnitude by one tier per grade, to a maximum of 6 tiers. If the total magnitude exceeds the spell's minimum by five tiers, one additional wound is healed, plus one for each five tiers beyond that.

Prayer: O wondrous light, I beseech you to mend these wounds.

VENOM SCALE
    Basic - 250 Vigor
    The caster forms a ball of soft blue light in front of a target within 10m. The ball draws out one poison, toxin, or disease, of equal or lesser magnitude, over the course of two rounds. When finished, the orb turns black and disappears. Augmenting with Terra Regia increases the magnitude by one tier per grade, to a maximum of 6 tiers. If the total magnitude exceeds the spell's minimum by five tiers, one additional affliction is cured, plus one for each five tiers beyond that.

Prayer: O wondrous light, I beseech you to draw out the venom which has afflicted this poor soul.

SET FRACTURE
    Advanced - 250 Vigor
    Requires: 1x Dahlitium Pulveris
    Shrouds the target limb in golden light, acting as a splint and healing one fracture on a target within 10m, over the course of five rounds. Ineffective on flesh wounds and burn wounds. Augmenting with Terra Regia increases the magnitude by one tier per grade, to a maximum of 6 tiers. If the total magnitude exceeds the spell's minimum by five tiers, one additional fracture is healed, plus one for each five tiers beyond that.

Prayer: O wondrous light, I beseech you to set right the fractured bones of this lost caitiff.

ADEPT

SOOTHING CURRENT
    Basic - 400 Vigor
    Both of the caster’s hands become cool to touch with air condensing around them as if in frigid air. Heals one burn wound on a target within 10m, over the course of two rounds. Augmenting with Terra Regia increases the magnitude by one tier per grade, to a maximum of 7 tiers. If the total magnitude exceeds the spell's minimum by five tiers, one additional wound is healed, plus one for each 5 tiers beyond that.

Prayer: O grand protector, let your light and grace fall upon the rascal, and permit him to feel a soothing current.

GHOST SURGERY
    Basic - 450 Vigor
    The user’s hands are surrounded by a persistent white glow until dispelled. While active, the user may safely phase their hands into the target’s body, allowing them to safely extract foreign objects such as shrapnel and explosive fragments. The user may freely elect to activate the phasing ability, and the spell lasts for the following 5 turns.

Prayer:O grand protector, fill me with your light that I may lead this poor fool. In order to guide him, I must performsurgery, extracting darkness to make room for light.

CALMING PLACEBO
    Advanced - 500 Vigor
    Requires: 1x Bigatium Pulveris
    To one target within 10m, the caster takes on a powerful visage, surrounded by soothing white light. The target is relieved of one mental effect, of equal or lesser magnitude. Augmenting with Terra Regia increases the magnitude by one tier per grade, to a maximum of 7 tiers. If the total magnitude exceeds the spell's minimum by five tiers, one additional mental affliction is relieved, plus one for each five tiers beyond that.

Prayer: O grand protector, despite having nothing, a rascal will spend his last on poisonous smoke. Calm the mind, so that he may make something of themselves.

STASIS BINDING
    Advanced - 500 Vigor
    Binds one wound or affliction on a target within 30m, preventing it from worsening for a limited time. Damage over time effects like poison or enhanced bleeding are held in stasis until the end of the effect. The binding lasts for 3 rounds plus one round per grade of Terra Regia used to augment it, to a maximum of 7 rounds. The damaging effect is reduced by one tier in magnitude for each three rounds the binding is in place. If the total magnitude exceeds the spell's minimum by five tiers, one additional round is added to the duration, plus one for each five tiers beyond that.

Prayer: O grand protector, I came across a house of rascals today. May your strength and light clean their debased home, and bind tight their wounds 'till healing may begin.

SKILLED

HIGH MEND
    Basic - 1,500 Vigor
    Both of the user’s hands are bathed in a brilliant white light. Heals up to three flesh wounds on targets within 10m, over the course of three rounds. Ineffective on fractures and burn wounds. Augmenting with Terra Regia increases the magnitude by one tier per grade, to a maximum of 8 tiers. If the total magnitude exceeds the spell's minimum by five tiers, one additional wound is healed, plus one for each five tiers beyond that.

Prayer:O kind watcher, a fool that works too hard yet continues to do so. Please mend this great wound that he may find the strength and will to succeed in the face of failure.

SWEET BREEZE
    Basic - 2,000 Vigor
    A rush of cool, clean air rushes outward from the caster. All those within 20m who inhale the cleansing air are cured of one poison, disease, or toxin of equal or lesser magnitude. In addition, this rush of air disperses nearby clouds, fogs, and smoke. Augmenting with Terra Regia increases the magnitude by one tier per grade, to a maximum of 8 tiers. If the total magnitude exceeds the spell's minimum by five tiers, one additional affliction is cured, plus one for each five tiers beyond that.

Prayer: O kind watcher, tell the poor fool to hear my words, feel my breath, believe in the world as it should be. Allow him to feel a sweet breeze.

HEALING WIND
    Advanced - 2,500 Vigor
    Requires: 1x Auritium Pulveris
    A white cloud surrounds the casters and then swirls outward. Heals all targets within 20m, affecting one flesh wound or one burn wound per target. In addition, this rush of air disperses nearby clouds, fogs, and smoke. Augmenting with Terra Regia increases the magnitude by one tier per grade, to a maximum of 8 tiers. If the total magnitude exceeds the spell's minimum by five tiers, one additional wound is healed, plus one for each five tiers beyond that.

Prayer: O kind watcher, I saw a host of fools lying on the side of the road, bleeding. Though it may happen again, let this healing wind grant relief to their pains.

MASTER

REGENERATION
    Basic - 4,500 Vigor
    Upon casting, a pulse of blue light engulfs one target within 10m before vanishing. Regeneration lasts for 5 rounds, and during that time, the first three flesh wounds or burn wounds are healed the turn after they are inflicted. Even if all of the healing power is exhausted, Regeneration cannot be cast on the same target until its full duration expires. Augmenting with Terra Regia increases the magnitude by one tier per grade, to a maximum of 9 tiers. If the total magnitude exceeds the spell's minimum by five tiers, one additional wound is healed, plus one for each five tiers beyond that.

Prayer:O venerable spirit, a caitiff unworthy of your mercy has stumbled across my way. Though I do not enjoy his company, I ask you to grant him strength and let his soul experience regeneration.

IMMUNIZATION
    Basic - 5,000 Vigor
    Upon casting, a pulse of orange light engulfs one target within 10m before vanishing. Immunization lasts for 5 rounds, and during that time, the first three poisons, diseases, or toxins are cured the turn after they are inflicted. Even if all of the curing power is exhausted, Immunization cannot be cast on the same target until its full duration expires. Augmenting with Terra Regia increases the magnitude by one tier per grade, to a maximum of 9 tiers. If the total magnitude exceeds the spell's minimum by five tiers, one additional affliction is cured, plus one for each five tiers beyond that.

Prayer: O venerable spirit, it annoys me to say so, but a caitiff has fallen ill. It may be a waste of power to do so, but please immunize him that he/she may abscond anon.

RESTORATION
    Advanced - 5,500 Vigor
    Requires: 1x Vitatium Pulveris
    When casting, a single target within 10m is engulfed in emerald light. Up to three flesh wounds, burn wounds, or fractures are healed instantly. Augmenting with Terra Regia alters the light to sapphire and increases the magnitude by one tier per grade, to a maximum of 9 tiers. If the total magnitude exceeds the spell's minimum by five tiers, one additional wound is healed, plus one for each five tiers beyond that.

Prayer: O venerable spirit, if it were up to me, I would let the ungainly caitiff waste away on the road. Alas I must do my best to help him/her for reasons unbeknownst to me. Let his faith and body feel restored by your light.

GRANDMASTER

SUPERIOR MEND
    Basic - 15,000 Vigor
    The user's body glows with inner light, which passes from the caster to targets within 10m. Heals up to five flesh wounds on the target patients, over the course of three rounds. Ineffective on fractures and burn wounds. Augmenting with Terra Regia increases the magnitude by one tier per grade, to a maximum of 10 tiers. If the total magnitude exceeds the spell's minimum by five tiers, one additional wound is healed, plus one for each five tiers beyond that.

Prayer: O divine lord, war and conflict tear through the land, leaving the despondent in the wake. One such wretch is before me now. Allow me to be their light. Mend their bodies, that they may be whole.

REJOIN
    Basic - 16,000 Vigor
    The caster may rejoin a separated body part to the target. It takes five rounds for the limb to become usable once again, however. Augmenting with Terra Regia reduces the recovery time by 1 round per grade; augmenting with Caelitium Pulveris will heal the arm fully, making it immediately functional.

Prayer: O divine lord, though he may be a wretch of war, I desire to soothe his pains. Turn whole this once broken individual, rejoin this body, so that he may bright light to my world.

MERCY OF CASTUS
    Advanced - 50,000 Vigor
    Requires: 1x Caelitium Pulveris
    Bring a dead target back to life, at a permanent loss of 10% of the target's total Vigor. Resurrected target starts at 10% of max Vigor. The target's body must be fully healed before resurrection can occur. If used on a target reanimated by the Call of Exanimum, the target does not receive an additional penalty to their total Vigor.

Prayer: O divine lord, though the person lying in front of me may be a wretch, grant him a second chance for I will watch over and guide them. Bestow upon this lost soul your mercy, the Mercy of Castus.
    Last edited by Nargles; 05-25-2015 at 03:58 PM.

Bounty
    Exa
    THE SCHOOL OF OCCULTUS

NOVICE

FOG
    Basic - 150 Vigor
    The user exhales a dense cloak of mist in front of them, creating a cloud of concealing fog that fills a 15m radius. Augmenting with Terra Regia increases the range of the mist by 5m per grade, to a maximum of 40m.

Glyph: Three strokes in the shape of a squinting eye.
    http://s968.photobucket.com/user/sun...538bf.gif.html

FAMILIAR STRANGER
    Basic - 200 Vigor
    Those who observe the caster find them to be familiar, acting as if they’ve known their presence was always there. The caster is seen as a friend of a friend of a friend. Lasts for 5 minutes or until the caster acts suspiciously. The addition of Terra Regia affords an additional 5 minutes of use per grade, to a maximum of 30 minutes. If the total magnitude exceeds the spell's minimum by five tiers, one degree of separation is removed (friend of a friend), minus one for each five tiers beyond that, until the caster is considered as close as blood.

Glpyh: Three strokes in the shape of a face silhouette.
    http://s968.photobucket.com/user/sun...72e76.gif.html

GHOST FIRE
    Advanced - 300 Vigor
    Conjures a hazy green flame in front of the caster. The caster may choose to attach the flame to an object, or target within 15m of them. If attached to an ally or enemy, the flames will follow slightly behind them as they move. The flames do no damage, but those within the light become invisible to beings that don't see in normal light. Augmenting with Terra Regia increases the number of flames that can be controlled at once, gaining an additional flame for every grade up to 5 total.

Glyph: Three strokes in the shape of a small fire.
    http://s968.photobucket.com/user/sun...0f9f4.gif.html

ADEPT

MIRROR IMAGE
    Basic - 400 Vigor
    Creates a duplicate of the caster within 1m, which moves in unison with the caster but in opposite directions. The duplicate disappears if struck. Augmenting with Terra Regia increases the number of duplicates by 1, to a maximum of 4 duplicates which all move in different directions.

Glyph: Five strokes showing two mirrored crosses with a circle between them
    http://s968.photobucket.com/user/sun...281d9.gif.html

INCOGNITO
    Basic - 500 Vigor
    Disguises the caster or a target as an individual the caster is familiar with. The spell persists for up to 5 minutes. Augmenting with Terra Regia increases the duration by 5m per grade, to a maximum of 30 minutes. If the total magnitude exceeds the spell's minimum by five tiers, one additional target may be disguised, plus one for each five tiers beyond that.

Glyph: Five strokes showing a concealing cloak.
    http://s968.photobucket.com/user/sun...b8dcb.gif.html

DECOY
    Advanced - 500 Vigor
    Creates a persistent decoy of the caster or a target the caster is familiar with. The decoy does not move and will disappear if struck. Augmenting with Terra Regia increases the number of decoys that can be created by 1 per grade. Each additional decoy may take on a different form the caster is familiar with.

Glyph: Five strokes in the shape of a circular decoy drawing attention from the crossed target.
    http://s968.photobucket.com/user/sun...1b76b.gif.html

SKILLED

BREAK OF DUSK
    Basic - 1,500 Vigor
    Creates an area of lightlessness in a 15m radius, plus 5m per additional tier of magnitude. This lightlessness persists for 5m unless canceled out. If used to counter Sunrise, the spells cancel each other wherever their ranges overlap. Augmenting with Terra Regia increases the magnitude by 1 tier grade.

Glyph: Ten strokes showing a swirl of darkness with people caught inside.
    http://s968.photobucket.com/user/sun...2de91.gif.html

GLASS VEIL
    Basic - 1,500 Vigor
    The caster or a living target within 1m are rendered invisible in the spectrum of normal light. Lasts 5 minutes plus 1 minute per additional tier of magnitude. The invisibility is canceled if the target casts another spell or takes aggressive action. Items acquired after the spell is cast are not rendered invisible. Augmenting with Terra Regia increases the number of targets by 1 per grade, to a maximum of six targets.

Glyph: Nine strokes showing a triangular mantle over a person's shoulders.
    http://s968.photobucket.com/user/sun...20a57.gif.html

SUNRISE
    Advanced - 1,750 Vigor
    Searing light bursts from the caster's body, blinding all targets within 15m for two rounds, plus 5m per additional tier of magnitude. The light persists, without blinding, for 5 minutes unless canceled. If used to counter Break of Dusk, the spells cancel each other wherever their ranges overlap. Augmenting with Terra Regia increases the magnitude by 1 tier per grade.

Glyph: Nine strokes portraying the rays of the sun emanating from a central circle.
    http://s968.photobucket.com/user/sun...10fd4.gif.html

FACSIMILE
    Advanced - 2,000 Vigor
    The user creates an identical illusion of a single inanimate object less than 1 meters cubed in volume. The illusion can be physically manipulated but only lasts for up to 10 minutes. This illusion is incapable of inflicting damage, simply phasing through a target if an attempt to weaponize it is made. Augmenting with Terra Regia increases the duration of this duplication by 5 minutes per grade to a maximum of 30 minutes.

Glyph: Nine strokes showing mirrored parallelograms split by a line.
    http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/a...psxmd7c63o.gif

MASTER

FLAME CURTAIN
    Basic - 4,500 Vigor
    The caster conjures a massive illusion of violently spreading wildfire in a 15m radius. While the sapphire flames do no damage, they are capable of emitting intense light and clouds of choking smoke, all the while echoing with deafening noise. Uniquely, the incantation for the spell requires inscribing a circular rune in midair, giving it a surprisingly similar appearance to that of a Bellator Portal. The flames persist for 1 full round, though augmenting grants an additional round per grade of Terra Regia used.

Glyph: Twelve strokes depicting a large frame with flames spiraling around and sparks flashing off it.
    http://s968.photobucket.com/user/sun...0c855.gif.html

DOPPELGANGER
    Basic - 5,000 Vigor
    Creates an autonomous clone of the caster, which lasts for 10 minutes or until struck, and relays information to the caster at the end of the spell. The doppelganger may cast a single basic Occultus spell of up to Skilled tier; this does not dispel the clone immediately. The user may freely command the actions of the clone created, but any spells cast by the doppelganger draw from the caster's own vigor. Augmenting with Terra Regia increased the magnitude of the spell by one tier per grade. If the total magnitude exceeds the spell's minimum by four tiers, a second spell may be cast, plus one per four additional tiers.

Glyph: Sixteen strokes showing an imperfect mirror of a line, a hooked cross, and two bisected circles.
    http://s968.photobucket.com/user/sun...a2e9f.gif.html

MIRROR CURTAIN

Advanced - 5,500 Vigor
    An area surrounding the caster becomes invisible to outside detection, though those within the curtain can still see normally. The Mirror Curtain covers a 20m radius, plus 5m per additional tier of magnitude. The cloak lasts for 2 full rounds. Augmenting with Terra Regia increases the duration of the spell by 1 round per grade of Terra Regia used, to a maximum of 8 rounds.

Glyph: Twelve strokes showing a curtain with four folds, two figures reflected on either side, above three reflected ripples.
    http://s968.photobucket.com/user/sun...19d56.gif.html

GRANDMASTER

MIRAGE
    Basic - 14,000 Vigor
    Creates a visual illusion that covers up to a 20m radius, which can even mimic spells from other schools that the caster has personally witnessed. The illusion is dispelled on contact. Augmenting with Terra Regia adds additional senses to the illusion: Dahlitium adds scent and taste; Bigatium adds an auditory element; Auritium brings heat or cold; Vitatium imbues stunning pressure; Caelitium Pulveris adds true tangibility to the illusion and allows it to persist for 10m, regardless of contact. A Caelitium-enhanced Mirage may be treated as what it is actually emulating, albeit at a 5-magnitude penalty.

Glyph: Twenty-one strokes depicting an intricate, shining bell half-faded.
    http://s968.photobucket.com/user/sun...242a7.gif.html

DISPLACEMENT
    Basic - 15,000 Vigor
    Creates a visual distortion, causing the caster to appear to be 1m to the left or right of their actual position. Lasts 10 minutes. If the total magnitude exceeds the spell's minimum by three tiers, one additional displacement occurs when the first breaks, plus one for each three tiers beyond that.

Glyph: Twenty strokes showing a single figure split by wavering forces.
    http://s968.photobucket.com/user/sun...8b68d.gif.html

ABEYANCE OF OCCULTUS
    Advanced - 18,000 Vigor
    The caster distorts perception for everyone within visual range. For the next 3 rounds, perception lags 1 round behind every action of the caster. All affected individuals perceive each others' actions as normal during this time.

Glyph: Twenty-one strokes portraying an arm stretching out from a clock face surrounded by the ripples of time.
    http://s968.photobucket.com/user/sun...0ca5f.gif.html
    Last edited by Nargles; 07-25-2016 at 01:51 PM.

Bounty
    Exa
    THE SCHOOL OF BELLATOR

NOVICE

FLAME BURST
    Basic - 100 Vigor
    Flames erupt from the user's hand, reaching up to 2m in length. These flames burn continuously for one round. Augmenting with Terra Regia increases the duration by 1 round per grade, to a maximum of 6 rounds.

Portal: The portal has the appearance of a ring of metal that glows with heat. The magic is pushed out by striking the back of the portal.

ENERGY BURST
    Basic - 150 Vigor
    A thin bolt of green energy erupts from the portal, shooting for a target up to 50m away. Augmenting with Terra Regia increases the number of bolts fired by 1 bolt per grade, to a maximum of 6 bolts.
    Portal: The portal has the appearance of an equilateral triangle made of metal and pointing downwards. The magic is pushed out by striking the back of the portal.

SICKLE WIND
    Advanced - 200 Vigor
    When the caster pulls the energy forth, a cone of slicing winds roars forth, with a 5m range and 3m spread. Augmenting with Terra Regia increases the range by 5m and the spread by 3m for each grade, maxing out at 25m range with a 15m spread.

Portal: The portal has the appearance of similar to an elongated diamond, except the elongated ends are split apart, forming fangs. It has the look of green marble. The magic is pulled out.

STONE SUMMIT
    Advanced - 250 Vigor
    Upon striking the portal, a large stone erupts from the ground and launchers toward a target within 30m. Augmenting with Terra Regia increases the number of stones conjured by 1 stone per grade, to a maximum of 5 stones.

Portal: The portal has the appearance of a jagged ring of stone. It must be made on the ground. The magic is called forth by kicking the part of the portal furthest to the target, causing it to jump up and launch the stone.

STAR SHRIEK BLAST
    Advanced - 300 Vigor
    The caster reaches into their portal and withdraws an orb of blinding light, which may be thrown at a target within 30m. After exploding, the area remains bathed in light for 2 rounds. Augmenting with Terra Regia increases the duration by 1 round per grade, to a maximum of 6 rounds.

Portal: The portal has the shape of an irregularly shaped eight-pointed star. It has the look of white metal with lines of black running through it. The magic is pulled out.

ADEPT

REPULSOR
    Basic - 450 Vigor
    A broad wave of force repels all targets up to 10m from the caster. Augmenting with Terra Regia increase the distance repelled by 10m, to a maximum of 60m.

Portal: The portal has the appearance of two circles, partially overlapping. It looks to be made out of a material that has a smoky, constantly moving surface. The magic is pushed out by striking the back of the portal with two hands, one per circle.

LIGHTNING ORB
    Basic - 500 Vigor
    The caster pulls an orb of lightning from their portal and launches it up to 50m. Upon hitting a target or reaching its maximum range, it detonates in a 5m radius explosion. Augmenting with Terra Regia increases the blast radius by 5m per grade, to a maximum of 30m.
    Portal: The portal has the appearance of two lightning bolts in a cross shape. It looks to be made out of metal, but sparks constantly run through it. The magic is pulled out.

INFURNUS
    Advanced - 500 Vigor
    Upon striking the smaller portal, a pillar of flame erupts from a larger portal placed beneath a target within 20m. The flame has a 1m radius and climbs 10m into the air. Augmenting with Terra Regia increases the radius by 3m and the height by 10m per grade, to a maximum of 10m radius, 40m height.

Portal: A series of two portals are created, both on the ground. A small one appears by the caster while a large one appears under the target. They have the similar appearance of a ring that is on fire. When the caster strikes the small one, the large one activates.

BURST STREAM
    Advanced - 600 Vigor
    The caster rips a twisting whirlpool from the portal, which erupts forward to hit all enemies in a 30m line. Augmenting with Terra Regia increases the range by 10m per grade, to a maximum of 60m.
    Portal: The portal has a fluid appearance, similar to a disc of water struggling to stay in shape. The magic is pulled out while having a twisting motion.

DEADLY HAIL
    Advanced - 750 Vigor
    When the caster strikes the smaller portal, a storm of jagged hail rains down from a larger portal, over a target within 50m. The storm has a radius of 10m. Augmenting with Terra Regia increases the radius of the storm by 5m per grade, to a maximum radius of 25m.

Portal: A series of two portals are created, one in front of the user and one in the air. They have the similar appearance of a snowflake, being made of ice. When the caster strikes the small one, the large one activates.

SKILLED

COILING ABYSS
    Basic - 1,400 Vigor
    A portal of darkness opens in front of a target within 30m, and a demonic claw lashes out at them. Augmenting with Terra Regia increases the number of portals opened, to a maximum of 6 portals.

Portal: The portal has the appearance of swirling darkness with a frame of charred wood. They can be created all at once but must be triggered individually. The magic is pushed out by striking the back of the portal. While the portals are open, they have the sound of noises echoing in a canyon.

LIGHT FANG
    Basic - 1,500 Vigor
    A 1m diameter circle of green light forms in the air in front of the caster, emitting a barrage of bright lasers directly forward with a 30m range. Augmenting with Terra Regia increases the range by 10m per grade, to a maximum of 80m.

Portal: The portal has the appearance of a green disc. It has a frame of glowing green light. The magic is pushed out by striking the back of the portal. While open, the portal has a shrill whistling sound.

LIGHTNING CANNON
    Advanced - 2,500 Vigor
    Heralded by roaring thunder, a beam of searing golden lightning rips into the world, present in the mortal world for only an instant, though its effects are not soon forgotten. The lightning strikes all targets in a line up to 50m ahead. Augmenting with Terra Regia increases the range by 25m per grade, to a maximum of 100m.

Portal: The portal has the appearance of a diamond with jagged sides. Its frame looks like yellow metal with streaks of black lightning running through it. The user strikes the back of the portal. While open the portal has a rumbling sound, similar to thunder.

MASTER

BLACK WIND
    Basic - 4,500 Vigor
    A whirlwind of darkness bursts from the caster in all directions, throwing all enemies 20m away and leaves a persistent, ripping, whirlwind that surrounds the caster for one turn. Augmenting with Terra Regia increases the duration of the whirlwind by 1 turn per grade to a maximum of 6 turns.

Portal: The portal has the shape of three equilateral triangles overlapping in one corner. The frame looks to be made of black stone that is chipped and cracked. While open, the portal produces a constant howling sound. The magic is unleashed by snapping the portal in two.

DIAMOND DUST
    Basic - 4,000 Vigor
    A cone of frost that reaches up to 15m ahead, 10m spread. The frost overtakes objects in its way, flash freezing all targets stuck in its path. Augmenting with Terra Regia increases the range by 15m and the spread by 10m, to a maximum of 90m with a 60m spread.

Portal: The portal has the shape of four large icicles arranged in a cross shape. The frame has the appearance of opaque ice. While the portal is open, there is the constant sound of ice grinding and cracking. The magic is pushed out by striking the back of the portal with both hands.

CONFLAGRATION
    Advanced - 5,000 Vigor
    The caster draws forth a tiny emerald spark from the portal, which is then launched up to 100m away. On impact, the spark explodes in a 30m radius ball of green flames. Augmenting with Terra Regia alters the color to blue and increases the blast radius to 60m.

Portal: The portal has the appearance of a small circle made of pure fire. While open, the sound of roaring flames can be heard. The magic is pulled out.

GRANDMASTER

ECLIPTIC METEOR
    Basic - 14,000 Vigor
    The massive amount of energy summoned by the caster soars into the sky where an enormous portal opens, bringing with it a gargantuan comet which shoots toward a target within 200m, creating a devastating 50m impact. Augmenting with Terra Regia increases the impact zone by 20m, to a maximum of 150m.

Portal: A series of circular portals opens towards the sky, each one larger than the rest. The frame has the appearance of cracked stone with glowing lava seeping out from inside. While the portals are open, there is the sound of rumbling earth. The magic is pushed out, by striking the smallest portal. It will start a chain event until the largest portal launches out the comet downwards.

HYDRA
    Basic - 15,000 Vigor
    From the ground and walls around the caster up to 20m away, hydra heads of blue fire take form, each able to attack individually. The number of heads summoned depends on the total magnitude of the spell, 1 per tier; each hydra is able to deal 1 tier of damage before dissipating. Augmenting with Terra Regia increases the magnitude of the spell by 1 tier per grade, to a maximum of 5 additional tiers.

Portal: The portal has the appearance of circle with six spikes growing along one-half of it. The frame looks like it's made of braided green wires. The portal only appears on a solid surface. While the portal is open, the sound of many snakes hissing can be heard. When the magic is pulled out, lines burst forth from the points of the portal. A hydra head emerges at the end of the line. Augmenting the spell increases the amount of points in the portal.

BELLATOR'S MAELSTORM
    Advanced - 18,000 Vigor
    When the grandmaster of Bellator shatters the portal, the hundreds of fragments each become a gateway to a new portal, opening high overhead. Darkness overtakes the sky, dark clouds gather; a thunderstorm of godly proportions takes shape, unleashing the full front of Bellator's wrath upon all who stand within the maelstrom. For the next 3 rounds, white lightning rains down on all within a 100m radius, with a chance of striking any target, friend or foe, within its range. Only the grandmaster is left untouched.

Portal: The portal has the appearance of a cloud. The frame looks like a material of darkness, with no light reflecting off it. The magic is activated by shattering the portal into a multitude of pieces. Hundreds of portals open in the sky, firing out the bolts of lightning.
    Last edited by Nargles; 05-25-2015 at 03:16 PM.

Bounty
    Exa
    THE SCHOOL OF SERPENS

NOVICE

HALT
    Basic - 100 Vigor
    Spectral ropes spring up from the ground around the caster, chasing and wrapping about the nearest limb within 15m, before anchoring it to the ground for the following round. As the power of the spell rises, so too does the number of ropes conjured, with every 3 tiers beyond the spell's base power conjuring an additional rope. Augmenting the spell with Terra Regia increases the reach of the ropes, allowing them to stretch an additional 5m and capping at 40m.

Flair: The caster curls one arm in until the hand is touching the shoulder and then slowly unfurls it, ending with a flick of the wrist.

BLUR
    Basic - 150 Vigor
    A cone of poison launches from beneath the nails of a caster's hand (or from within the hand's articulation, in the case of a demvir) for up to 10m. The murky green liquid seeps into pores, and defocuses the victim's vision for the following 2 rounds. Augmenting the spell with Terra Regia increases the range of the launched poison by 2m, for a total of 20m at maximum. Should the spell's total power exceed its base by five or more, the spell's duration is doubled.

Flair: The caster waves a hand in front of their face, palm facing inwards, and then sweeps their arm outwards, palm forward.

SHACKLES
    Advanced - 250 Vigor
    The caster manifests a pair of manacles - strung along a lengthy 5m chain - within 5m of an intended target, which lunge and lock around the nearest limbs. These two limbs need not belong to the same target, and may be directed by the caster to even shackle around a suitable inanimate object. Augmenting the spell with additional grades of Terra Regia decreases the space between the manacles and their target when first conjured by 1m per additional tier, down to a minimum of 1m. For every five tiers of magnitude beyond its base that this spell reaches, a single additional cuff is added to the manacles upon conjuring.

Flair: The caster extends a hand, fingers splayed, before bending them at the second knuckle and bringing the hand down to their hip. The manacles are manifested upon the caster's wrist contacting their hip.

ADEPT

SEALING RINGS
    Basic - 400 Vigor
    The caster shapes this binding in their hands, to clutch a pair of large horseshoe shaped constructs. These can then be thrown or wielded until their properties are utilized. When a living target is touched by any part of the horseshoes' surface, the constructs immediately wrap around - often bending entirely backwards - with a loud snap to encircle the entire body. The now-closed rings persists for two rounds, locking limbs against the body or trapping opponents to poles and other such objects. Augmenting the spell with Terra Regia increases the duration of the binding by one round per tier, to a maximum of a devastating seven rounds. Should the spell's magnitude exceed its base by five or more, the rings become larger upon snapping around a target, capable of snaring an additional nearby person in its clutches.

Flair: The caster makes a circular motion in the air with both hands, parallel to the ground. One hand swirls from above, the other from below and in opposite directions.

ATLAS
    Basic - 450 Vigor
    After completing the spell, the caster designates a target area with their pointer finger within 25m, whereupon the air immediately above it shimmers and wavers like a ripple in a pond. The spell then drops an immense weight onto the target below, capable of targeting any humanoid-sized target and pinning them down. The spell can be fought against with immense strength or other abilities, but will regardless make movement sluggish and difficult for the following two rounds. Augmenting the spell with Terra Regia increases the range of the spell by 5m per grade, for a maximum of 50m. Should the spell's magnitude exceed its base by five, Atlas gains a significant boost to its area of effect, capable of targeting large beasts and smaller vehicles. Should the spell's magnitude exceed its base by ten, it covers an even more impressive area, capable of weighing down whole airships or great behemoths.

Flair: The caster snaps their fingers once, and traces a small triangle in the air, before snapping their fingers once more and pointing at the target area.

VENOM
    Advanced - 300 Vigor
    The caster produces a snake from their sleeves or other confines of their clothing. Bright yellow and resembling a pit viper, the swift beast is capable of traveling 5m in an attempt to bite an intended target of the caster's choosing. Should it succeed, the snake injects a potent venom that induces exhausting tremors and involuntary shakes from the victim for the following two rounds. Augmenting the spell with Terra Regia beyond its original grade increases the range the snake may travel by 10m per grade, for a maximum of 45m. Should the spell's magnitude exceed its base by five or more, the duration of the venom is doubled.

Flair: The caster's hands are pressed together near the navel with fingers extended upwards, holding it for two seconds. The caster then thrusts one arm forward, sending out the snake in that motion.

SLOW
    Advanced - 600 Vigor
    One of the more widespread of the Serpens' spells, this spell garnered infamy for putting whole battlefields to a standstill. The caster, upon completing the spell, gathers dark clouds directly in front of the caster. Shortly after, a warm rain begins to pour for the nearest 50m, spattering and trailing smoke upon hitting the ground. This smoke is not steam, but poison, and quickly inhibits the balance of victims who breath even a hint of it in. This imbalance makes attacks lose momentum and makes offense difficult to maintain, and at length can even cause a terrible vertigo. The rain itself persists for two rounds, and the poison for three, which can potentially be reapplied. Augmenting this spell with additional grades of Terra Regia increases the duration for which the rain persists by one round per grade, for a maximum of six. For every five tiers of magnitude above its base, this spell increases its area of effect by 15m.

Flair: The caster extends a hand into the air. Sweeping it forward until it's fully extended before them, the caster then kneels and touches their splayed palm to the ground for a brief moment. The clouds begin to gather upon the caster touching the ground, and upon removing it, the rain begins.

SKILLED

ADHESIVE
    Basic - 1,200 Vigor
    Upon completing the spell, both of the caster's hands secrete a viscous concrete-gray muck which can be slung liberally for the following round. The dangerously adhesive goo poses no threat to the caster, constantly replacing dried adhesive with fresh applicant, but the unfortunate victims who come into contact with it are not so fortunate. The adhesive is remarkably stubborn, and can do anything from sealing doors shut to turning someone into a living statue with enough of it. The adhesive itself lasts until chipped away at, making it a terrifying binding to face, but its strength does not gain with its increase in magnitude. Rather, augmenting this spell with Terra Regia increases the duration for which the caster can wield Adhesive by one round per grade, for a total of six. Should the spell's magnitude exceed its base by five, the Adhesive gains a remarkable density, weighing down victims stuck to it.

Flair: The caster spins towards the ground, ending in a kneeling position. The caster then rakes their fingers along the ground and upward.

ANESTHESIA
    Basic - 1,400 Vigor
    This surprising poison often sees use as a surprise attack, for it is launched in the most insulting way conceivable. Spat from the caster's own mouth upon completing the spell, this crimson poison is often mistaken for blood at first. The spell is intended for targeting the face and eyes, but seeps into the pores to dangerous effect. The poison acts as a thinner, causing blood flow to increase and resist clotting. When applied to the face or eyes, it can cause devastating effects to one's brain capacity by interrupting proper blood flow to it. When applied elsewhere, such as an open wound, Anesthesia - so named for irony's sake - keeps the wound from closing properly, and increases blood loss from the area. The poison itself lasts for three rounds upon application, and can be spat for up to an impressive 10m. Augmenting this spell with Terra Regia increases the spitting range by 2m per grade, for a total of 20m. Should the spell's magnitude exceed its base by five or more, the poison's duration is doubled.

Flair: The caster slowly rolls their head in one full circle, ending chin downward, before rearing back and snapping forward, releasing the poison.

BINDING CHAINS
    Advanced - 1,500 Vigor
    Often seen as the natural successor to the novice spell Halt, this tricky spell sees a return to more direct methods in the Serpens school. Large lengths of chain - appearing to be made of whatever Terra Regia is used to complete the spell - are conjured from the surface nearest the target, stretching a full 10m long and seeking to wind themselves around whatever part of their intended victim possible. These chains are conjured repeatedly from walls, ceilings, mailboxes, tables, or whatever suits them for the following three rounds, and each chain exists for a single round before crumbling. Augmenting this spell with additional tiers of Terra Regia increases the duration for which the chains continue to conjure by one round per additional grade, for a total of six. For every five tiers of magnitude beyond base this spell reaches, the chains persist for an additional round before crumbling away.

Flair: The caster curls one hand inwards, until it touches their shoulder. They then bring the hand across to their other shoulder, and immediately down to their side, before flicking their wrist towards the ground.

MASTER

PRISION OF LIGHT
    Basic - 5,000 Vigor
    Perhaps the most intimidating Serpens spell in use, the Prison of Light is also one of the hardest to put to use. A large red spear - though its shape is more reminiscent of a toothpick - is conjured before the caster, which they must then aim and fire at an intended target for up to 50m. Should the spear strike true, no damage is done to the target, and the spear itself is revealed to be intangible. This does, however, instantly activate the Prison of Light itself. Numerous other spears are conjured around the user, locking around their midsection and rooting them in place. The limbs are free, but this persistent binding lasts for four rounds before dissipating. Augmenting this spell with Terra Regia increases the range by a tremendous 25m per grade used, making the Prison one of the only existing long-range Serpens spells, reaching a maximum of 175m. Should the spell's magnitude exceed its base by five or more, a terrifying second shot is amended to the user, this one capable of binding the user's legs to leave them completely immobile below their arms.

Flair: The caster extends their arms so they are pointed in opposite directions, starting with the left and right. The user claps both hands together, holding them together for five seconds before slowly separating them again. A spear of red light forming between the caster's palms.

CONJUNCTIVITIS
    Basic - 6,000 Vigor
    The caster returns to the basics for this potent spell, producing a powerful liquid from their wrist area to launch at an opponent for up to 15m. The poison is terrifying, for its potency is not lost regardless of where it strikes. Causing severe tissue necrosis, the process isn't as damaging as it is painful, leaving the victim in agony for the following four rounds at even the slightest application. The victim also inflicts this status on contact with another target. If the total magnitude of this spell exceeds the minimum by 3 tiers, the poison persists for an additional round plus one round for each additional 3 tiers after that.

Flair: The caster's hand passes diagonally across the chest twice before coiling backward and thrusting straight forward, palm cupped, with the poison released from the wrist area.

LIQUID APOCRYPHA
    Advanced - 6,000 Vigor
    This tricky concoction is often seen as the culmination of the apothecaries of old. So named for such a thing, this spell is nonetheless dubious for seeing recreational purpose in addition to its inherent applications. The caster, cupping their hands together as though to hold a liquid, beholds a mercurial liquid seep up to fill their palms. The poison is then able to be bottled or otherwise distributed, able to fill a single cup on its own. Upon imbibing, the victim undergoes a two-round, intense hallucinatory period. Symptoms for Liquid Apocrypha are often varied and personal, and with the only commonalities amongst them being that resulting hallucinations are often byproducts of existing surroundings and circumstances. Augmenting this spell with Terra Regia increases the amount of Apocrypha produced by a single cup, for a total of three. For every three tiers of magnitude beyond base that this spell reaches, the effects of Apocrypha are extended by a single round, for a total of four.

Flair: The caster extends both hands, palms down, turning both to press the palms together, moving them together in a circle five times. The caster then cups their hands with palms upward to complete the spell.

GRANDMASTER

EVENT HORIZON
    Basic - 14,000 Vigor
    The caster creates a gravity sink within 30m. Along with binding the closest target's legs to its center, the gravity sink draws in all loose items within 20m. Lasts 3 rounds. Augmenting with Caelitium Pulveris increases the duration by 2 rounds. Terra Regia increases the duration of the spell by 1 round per grade. If the total magnitude of this spell exceeds the minimum by 5 tiers, the radius of the gravity sink increases by 10 meters, plus 10 meters for every 5 tiers after that.

Flair: Setting sights upon a target in front of them, the caster places their hands over that point in their vision and pulls apart, as if pulling reality itself open. Quickly, the caster then cups their palms and pushes them close again until fingertips touch.

CRASH SPIKE
    Basic - 12,000 Vigor
    A controversial spell if ever there were one, this shady incantation is often accompanied by a pre-bound target and an intent to pry information from its victims. The Crash Spike poison is conjured from the caster's closed fist, pouring from it as though squeezed from their hand. The poison, unlike many of its brethren, must be ingested to take full effect. Upon ingestion, the victim's nervous system goes - for lack of a better term - haywire. Euphoria sensors are dulled and pain receptors are amplified, making even ordinary actions elicit uncomfortable stinging sensations. Actual pain and torture under the influence of Crash Spike has been known to knock out or potentially kill its victims, making this long-lasting four round poison a terror. Augmenting the spell with Terra Regia increases its duration by a single round, for a maximum of five, and should its magnitude exceed double its base, Crash Spike actually renders the target unable to register physical sensations other than pain for its duration.

Flair: Placing one closed fist atop another, the caster grinds the hand placed on top against the other, forcing the poison out slowly. As the poison is concocted, the caster slowly flattens the top hand against the bottom.

GAZE OF SERPENS
    Advanced - 18,000 Vigor
    The userís eyes shine with a bright yellow light. Seconds after, a flash of light erupts from the casterís gaze engulfing a 20 meter long, 10 meter wide cone in front of them. All target, friend or foe, who see the casterís eyes are immediately petrified. Their bodies, below the neck, are transformed into matter that is reminiscent of Caelitium Lateris for the following turn. Though, from above the neck they are unaffected. While petrified; however, the target is invulnerable to any new damage. For every 3 tiers above base level, the duration of the petrification increases by 1 round.

Flair: The caster drapes one arm over their eyes, and sinks to one knee. Pulling their other arm across their hips and lowering their head, the caster pulls both hands away: first the one at their abdomen, then the one across their eyes. The spell is cast upon their eyes being exposed and aimed in the desired direction.
    Last edited by Nargles; 09-14-2016 at 12:16 AM.

Bounty
    Exa
    THE SCHOOL OF AQUILA

NOVICE

DEFLECTOR
    Basic - 100 Vigor
    A thin round shield is created in front of the caster, lasting one round. The barrier reduces the damage of oncoming attacks by the amount of its own magnitude, and dissipates or breaks if this magnitude is exceeded. Augmenting with Terra Regia increases the magnitude by 1 per grade of material, for a total of 5 additional tiers.

Verse: In a faraway, forgotten land, a tall statue would forever stand.

AVIATE
    Basic - 250 Vigor
    The caster begins to hover an inch or two off the ground for two rounds, making for easier footing and allowing them to cross surfaces which would normally not hold their weight. Once per cast of Aviate, the caster may also 'step' off of the air after jumping, for additional height or maneuverability. Augmenting with Terra Regia increases the duration of Aviate, by one round per grade of material used. For every increase in the magnitude of the spell, an additional 'step off' may be performed while it is cast.

Verse: Gliding up high through the air, leave the world without a care.

HUNTER'S EYE
    Advanced - 150 Vigor
    The user's eyes gain inherent darkvision, low-light vision, and saturated-light vision. This extends to their full field of view, and lasts for three rounds. The duration of this spell increases for every two tiers of magnitude it gains beyond its base, at one round per two tiers.

Verse: A heavy pall bringing forth doom, the warmth of light shall remove the gloom.

ADEPT

IRON BASTION
    Basic - 450 Vigor
    The caster sprouts a persistent vertical barrier from the ground before the intended target, roughly 2m high and 1m wide. This barrier may be created at an angle of the caster's choosing, but must accommodate the intended target. The barrier reduces the damage of oncoming attacks by the amount of its own magnitude, and dissipates or breaks if this magnitude is exceeded. Augmenting with Terra Regia increases the magnitude by 1 per grade of material, for a total of 5 additional tiers.

Verse: A lonely fortress. It keeps watch throughout the day. Crash and break on it.

BREAKING PALM
    Advanced - 450 Vigor
    The caster's fist begins to gather energy. After one full round of charging, the Breaking Palm is ready to be used in combat or to damage structures, dealing damage equivalent to half the magnitude the spell was cast at, rounded down. Lasts 2 turns after charging. Terra Regia increases the length of the spell by 1 tier per level Terra Regia, to a maximum of 6 rounds.

Verse: Feel the energy. All arriving together. It dances at night.

TELEKINESIS
    Advanced - 550 Vigor
    Enables the user to lift or manipulate items within 25m. Only as strong as the caster's own arm and lasts for two rounds. Augmenting with Terra Regia increases the duration by one round per grade of material used, for a total of seven rounds. For every five tiers of magnitude this spell is cast at beyond its base, a single additional object may be manipulated simultaneously.

Verse: Look at the great sky. It sparkles with a great force. Swirling all around.

SKILLED

STEEL PAULDRONS
    Basic - 1,600 Vigor
    The caster creates a pair of large shields on either side of the intended target. Hovering just above the target's shoulders and trailing near to the ground, they may be manipulated by the caster to move within the target's person. They last until destroyed, and the barriers reduce the damage of oncoming attacks by the amount of its own magnitude, and dissipates or breaks if this magnitude is exceeded. Augmenting with Terra Regia increases the magnitude by 1 per grade of material, for a total of 5 additional tiers.

Verse: Deep from the earth, metal is drawn, worked by fire, shaped and made strong.

COILED LEAP
    Basic - 1,500 Vigor
    Upon casting, the user may make a single magically enhanced leap, launching them 25m in the direction of their jump. This is not a strength modification and imbues no benefits to kicking while the effect is active. Augmenting with Terra Regia increases the height or distance of the jump by 15m per grade, to a maximum of 100m. For every five tiers of magnitude this spell is cast at beyond its base, a single additional leap may be performed, plus one per each five tiers beyond that.

Verse: Reaching up towards the grand sky, the realm of the birds up so high.

ANCHOR
    Advanced - 1,500 Vigor
    When cast, the user's skin takes on a granite-like hue and they become an anchor, resistant to being forcibly moved or knocked back by any attack or effect of equal or lesser magnitude. The caster is able to move normally, but cannot used enhanced speed effects (like Adrenaline Rush or Blink) while the effect is active. Lasts for three rounds. Augmenting with Terra Regia increases the duration of the effect by one round per grade, to a maximum of 6 rounds.

Verse: Forever it remains atop the hill yonder, a beacon of light for all to gaze in wonder.

MASTER

MIRROR ORB
    Basic - 4,000 Vigor
    This spell forms a crystalline barrier around a single target within 20m. The first attack to strike the barrier is reflected back -- swords rebound toward their wielders, ranged attacks return to their senders -- unless it exceeds the barrier's magnitude. Augmenting the spell with Terra Regia increases the magnitude one tier per grade, to a maximum of 9 tiers. If the total magnitude exceeds the spell's minimum by five tiers, it is capable of reflecting one additional attack, plus one for each five tiers beyond that.

Verse: Standing within the glass halls so bright, Made glass and crystal the shimmering told.
    Gathering around me is the shining light, That grants me strength to be proud and bold.

LIGHTNING IMPULSE
    Basic - 4,000 Vigor
    Coils of lightning encompass the user's limbs, heightening their speed and reflexes for the following two rounds. This increase in physical speed allows the user to either cover twice as much ground or gain one extra physical action, such as an attack, per round. Augmenting with Terra Regia increases the duration of the effect by one round per grade, to a maximum of 6 rounds. If the total magnitude exceeds the spell's minimum by five tiers, one additional target is affected, plus one for each five tiers beyond that.

Verse: Looking towards the horizon, I leave the old behind; I carry little, moving on with nothing of my own.
    To bring back all, searching for wonders of every kind; Waiting out there is the greatest land unknown.

RAMPART
    Advanced - 5,000 Vigor
    A wave of energy erupts from the caster’s body, into a 15 meter radius around them. Up to three allies in the area of effect, as well as the caster, are covered in personal barriers of pure energy which can block up to 3 tiers of damage. Augmenting with Caelitium Pulveris increases the number of potential targets to five allies. If the total magnitude of the spell exceeds the spell minimum by five tiers, it increases the durability of the barriers created by 1 tier, plus one for each five tiers beyond that.

Verse: A longing for a path away from home; A longing to escape from the common and be free.
    Ever longing for new areas to roam; Even the skies and the sea aren't enough for me.

GRANDMASTER

REJECTION VOID
    Basic - 13,000 Vigor
    A swirling plane of violet force appears in front of the caster, up to 30m square. Attacks of lesser magnitude which strike the plane are drained of energy and fall inert. Augmenting the spell with Terra Regia increases the magnitude one tier per grade, to a maximum of 10 tiers. If the total magnitude exceeds the spell's minimum by five tiers, it is capable of repairing itself by up to five tiers, once, plus one time for each five tiers beyond that.

Verse: Her gaze is focused on the world of yore when peace seemed it would last forever more.
    Yet she refused to look upon the bloody reality, and the tower was sealed away for all eternity.

ARMY'S FORCE
    Basic - 15,000 Vigor
    The caster's next melee attack is dramatically amplified in damage. The next strike is increased by 5 tiers of damage and will erupt outwards in a 10 meter cone behind the target. Augmenting with Terra Regia will increase the magnitude of the attack by 1 tier per grade. If the total magnitude of the spell exceeds the spell minimum by five tiers, it increases the size of the cone by 10 meters, plus 10 meters for each five tiers beyond that.

Verse: Cut through every foe and make a path, the sounds of battle ring in a thunderous crash.
    Shatter the tower with its forbidding shield, the greatest sword to break through I shall wield.

WINGS OF AQUILA
    Advanced - 18,000 Vigor
    Brilliant golden wings take form on the caster's back with a 30m wing-span. These wings are capable of true flight, strong enough to carry up to one additional target with the caster, and durable enough to be used as defensive shields. Each wing can absorb up to half of the spell's total magnitude, rounded down, before breaking. Unless broken, the wings will last for up to 10 minutes.

Verse: Five sons the fairer, for naught they wanted; Five daughters the rarer, for beauty vaunted,
    Two wings of gold, spun of sun's rise; Ten kin of Aquila, who took to the skies.
    Last edited by Nargles; 07-25-2016 at 01:54 PM.

Thread Information