Advertising

• Ready to join Post Terminus?

Click to get started and submit your first character.

Getting Started

Seamus

Voodoo Gnomes
Sep 26, 2010
Right here.
Latens
1,000✦
Exa
⏆500
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Now that the forums aren't part of a relatively big draw site like Bleach Forums was, how are you planning on getting our name out so that the RP still has new members join? Have you thought about approaching the Bleach Asylum people or something? I have no idea, I just figured that we might brainstorm ways to get our name out and traffic to the site.

Things will go stale unless there's fresh meat every week or so.

Last edited by a moderator:

Several Zombies

Zombie Overlord
Staff member
Apr 18, 2009
www.postterminus.com
Latens
3,850✦
Exa
⏆1,743
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
In short, lots of search engine optimization. In long, the board needs to be tailored around more than just the RP. The plan in the long term was to have Mangaden function as a broader anime and manga discussion board with the RP being a large element of the board, but not its focus. As it stands right now, no other sections have been fleshed out -- making any SEO largely useless until we have content.

Basically, we need to get the board up to snuff in areas other than HD, at which point I can start putting some SEO in place to get us more hits and thus, more members.

swaswj

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2008
Latens
8,028✦
Exa
⏆3,653
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
2⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
4⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Why not just upload the rest of the BF stuff and let the search engines index that?

Bait and switch, much?

If we want more members, we need to have more discussion on the forums and not just in chat. It'd be a bit of a turnoff to potential users to see a whole bunch of posts, but that area of the forum has been dead for 8 months.

Plus, after doing it twice, I don't particularly care to screw with the database backups and run the risk of overwriting current content due to post/thread numbering.

Nargles

Hollywood Meets Bollywood
Staff member
Supporter
Jan 25, 2008
Latens
2✦
Exa
⏆5,276
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Though this might seem a bit underhanded, why not try asking people if they want to be in "charge" of a certain area of that forum and give them the task of making some discussion threads.

Like for example I could be "in charge" of Graphics sections and start Art of the Week/Signature of the Week Competitions.

The person in charge of the games section could perhaps start threads like the "League of Legends Discussion" and people interested in the game could go there and chat about whatever related to that game.

That way, you know that you're at least focused on one area that you can start discussions in and suddenly having ALOT more discussion threads could interest people to start typing in the forum areas.

Seamus

Voodoo Gnomes
Sep 26, 2010
Right here.
Latens
1,000✦
Exa
⏆500
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Also, I think having a current affairs section for political and social debats/discussion would be a good thing. Help to get the site to cache more words than just those related to manga and anime. There is a large RP following amoung poltical science students and socail media ones as well.

Just a suggestion.

Kaze

Jan 9, 2006
The Void
Latens
1,847✦
Exa
⏆692
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Making a main site to attach the forums to would help make advertising easier, even if its just a blog site where a few times a week some people post reviews, editiorials, or just general opinions on current events in areas they find interesting. It just has to be something interesting, remotely unique, and easily relatable to what the forums offers. I've always thought that there hasn't been much when it comes to the aspects of writing, the myriad of nods to prior works, the persistant archetypes, tropes, common plot themes and how important it is to everything entertainment-wise: literature, television, cinema, anime, manga, video games, and standard comics. This could easily encompass a site which provides articles about writing and how one can improve their abilities with it, editorials and reviews on select works or series that are current to the pop culture, as well as just an outlet to bring in more people.

There is also the option of getting other forums and websites to link to us in exchange for us linking to them.

swaswj

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2008
Latens
8,028✦
Exa
⏆3,653
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
2⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
4⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Though this might seem a bit underhanded, why not try asking people if they want to be in "charge" of a certain area of that forum and give them the task of making some discussion threads.

Like for example I could be "in charge" of Graphics sections and start Art of the Week/Signature of the Week Competitions.

The person in charge of the games section could perhaps start threads like the "League of Legends Discussion" and people interested in the game could go there and chat about whatever related to that game.

That way, you know that you're at least focused on one area that you can start discussions in and suddenly having ALOT more discussion threads could interest people to start typing in the forum areas.

I'm open to this as a starting point. Go ahead and try asking people ; )

Also, I think having a current affairs section for political and social debats/discussion would be a good thing. Help to get the site to cache more words than just those related to manga and anime. There is a large RP following amoung poltical science students and socail media ones as well.

Just a suggestion.

Feel free to start some discussions in the free topic area. Whether we create a section specifically for political debate will depend on the response.

Making a main site to attach the forums to would help make advertising easier, even if its just a blog site where a few times a week some people post reviews, editiorials, or just general opinions on current events in areas they find interesting. It just has to be something interesting, remotely unique, and easily relatable to what the forums offers. I've always thought that there hasn't been much when it comes to the aspects of writing, the myriad of nods to prior works, the persistant archetypes, tropes, common plot themes and how important it is to everything entertainment-wise: literature, television, cinema, anime, manga, video games, and standard comics. This could easily encompass a site which provides articles about writing and how one can improve their abilities with it, editorials and reviews on select works or series that are current to the pop culture, as well as just an outlet to bring in more people.

There is also the option of getting other forums and websites to link to us in exchange for us linking to them.

I kind of like the idea of having some blogs/essays/articles related to writing and RPing, but before I commit to creating a blog-face for the forum, I need to know that people are into it and going to contribute and update.

Patreon

Writing Week is 505

Discord Chat

Current Date in Araevis