Cantatus Amplfication

• Ready to join Post Terminus?

Click to get started and submit your first character.

Getting Started

Apeiron

That One Guy
Supporter
Jul 23, 2009
comicwriting.wordpress.com
Latens
25,063✦
Exa
⏆732
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Reading up on Cantatus from the thread found here, I was trying to figure out how amplification works. In the description it states that it's about enhancing natural properties of an item (probably weapons, mainly, I figure) so that it does (or takes in the case of armor) more damage. Is this done using pulveris similar to how we'd infuse something? We write the chapter, once a week, to either infuse or amplify something and use a grade Terra Regia Pulveris, or is it something else?

swaswj

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2008
Latens
8,028✦
Exa
⏆3,653
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
2⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
4⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Reading up on Cantatus from the thread found here, I was trying to figure out how amplification works. In the description it states that it's about enhancing natural properties of an item (probably weapons, mainly, I figure) so that it does (or takes in the case of armor) more damage. Is this done using pulveris similar to how we'd infuse something? We write the chapter, once a week, to either infuse or amplify something and use a grade Terra Regia Pulveris, or is it something else?

You'll also want to look at the crafting guide and the Patch 0.0.5 changes.

For weapons, it increases their damage by one additional tier of magnitude. For armor, it blocks one additional tier of magnitude. These effects last for one attack landed (for weapons) or received (for armor) per charge. Amplification imbues 2 charges + 2 per grade of Terra Regia (so minimum of 4 charges with Dahlitium, maximum 12 charges with Caelitium).

Creating an amplification costs 5x Terra Regia Pulveris. You can do one enchantment per week per tier of skill in Enchanting (so if you're a tier 2 Enchanter, you can do two per week, and they can both be in the same chapter or collab).

Charges are automatically restored at the start of the next writing week. However, an enchanter can immediately restore charges by using 1x Terra Regia Pulveris. You will regain 2 charges + 2 per grade of Terra Regia. It does not require another crafting chapter to recharge items.

Patreon

Writing Week is 505

Discord Chat

Current Date in Araevis