Reviewed [Collab] Week 350: Pale Ales and Power Circles - Feedback

• Ready to join Post Terminus?

Click to get started and submit your first character.

Getting Started

Redfin

Staff member
Supporter
Mar 18, 2007
Over there
Latens
5,072✦
Exa
⏆11,980
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬

swaswj

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2008
Latens
5,670✦
Exa
⏆3,302
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
2⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
4⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Unless I missed it, it didn't seem like Mille got a copy of that enchanting circle at the end, so he'll have to go on a hunt for some of those (not necessarily in a chapter). Enchanting is always fairly interesting to read and I enjoy how each writer so far has made it their own by doing something unique with it. I'm a little surprised that Cicely hasn't worked enchantments into her cocktails, but that may be because there's a simple enchantment being overlooked: Transient Enchantment.

It only requires white sand for its simplest variant, so can be practiced without spending TR.

Cicely tying the lessons in to alcohol was perfect, although I wonder how much Mille picked up on those, really. I also have to say, I like the idea of a bandage being enchanted with a heal spell. That is an idea I may end up borrowing with some of the higher-ranking Arcanum healers, who can afford to use TR regularly. Good to see Cicely again, good to see the tavern again, and just a short and enjoyable teaching collab for Mille.

Also this line is great:

I'm aware it uses pulveris, and can make items stronger or apply spells to them.

It reminded me of the first MCU Avenger's movie where Cap says, "It appears to run on some form of electricity."

Patreon

Writing Week is 357

Discord Chat

Current Date in Araevis