Field Practice Rules

• Ready to join Post Terminus?

Click to get started and submit your first character.

Getting Started

Winduril

Jan 8, 2005
Latens
1,000✦
Exa
⏆500
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Well, since this forum doesn't seem to have any means of actually posting into it, we'll just post in other subforums, and then use modship to move the threads into here.

Anyway, here's what we'll do for this: an applying RPer can request that another member of the RPG (this member has to be seated) from the Division they intend to enter collaborate with them over "Field Practice". The actual training and practice that transpires is up to the seated officer in question. You can do multiple, joint Field Practices if there is more than one member intending to enter the same division.

When the Field Practice collab has been completed, the seated officer will receive the product of the normal collaborative score times two. Yes...the score doubles. The applicant, should they be accepted (and really, doing a Field Practice says all the right things about an applicant, so this will look good for them), will receive the same grade (thus giving them some good points to start with upon acceptance) and additionally enjoy an extra two weeks of the Newb Bonus (see here).

This is a win-win situation for both groups, so I suggest the seated members get more proactive on these applicants and applicants start using that Screennames thread to good use.

tengen

Apr 12, 2005
In squee's pocket! with pocky! ^_^ *munches*
Latens
1,000✦
Exa
⏆500
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
wooooooo....for the first time since the beginning of the rp this part is now unlocked =D

Y

YanLan

this place sounds so fun! haha!!!

but one question, can there be more than one seated officers in the training sessions?

D

dar

Hmmm.. I dunno, Cat.

Oh yeah, just to clear things up.

Can a person ranked VC or Capt do the collab? This very much like an induction collab for the newbies. n_n

Khnum

Oct 12, 2006
Detroit... area
Latens
1,000✦
Exa
⏆500
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
So, wait... You can do a collab while NOT accepted but only as a field practice or... something? (The whole thing is meant to be a question)

D

dar

You'd have to be accepted accepted before you could post your collab here.

But there is no stopping you from collabing on your own if you're completely sure that you'll get in. And once you get accepted, that's the only time you could post your collab.

And you can't do a field practice on your own. You'd have to have a proper seated officer in the RP to conduct it.

Winduril

Jan 8, 2005
Latens
1,000✦
Exa
⏆500
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Khnum said:
So, wait... You can do a collab while NOT accepted but only as a field practice or... something? (The whole thing is meant to be a question)

Right. It'll look good if you're not even accepted but are already getting into the RP mode by doing these.

Khnum

Oct 12, 2006
Detroit... area
Latens
1,000✦
Exa
⏆500
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Wow, that is really awesome. But, I don't know how to start this up. I don't really know who's seated so I'm kinda stuck on that. Plus, I won't have the Internet at home for another month and I'm pretty sure message tagging would get annoying. I'll probably just have to wait until I get it at home. I'll still try this out though. Sounds like a good way for me to test myself. Question: Would it be a good idea if I got other applicants to do this with me? I figure that way, I'll get used to writing with those I'll probably be doing collabs with in the future. That should be ok as long as I can find a seated officer for us, assuming I actually get someone to agree with this, to write with right? Also, does the person have to be in the same division as the one I'm applying for?

Proggy

May 13, 2006
Jyuusanbantai Taisho
Latens
1,000✦
Exa
⏆500
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
One of the reasons these are supposed to be done with seated officers is because they have been in the RP a while and know what is what about our current RPG plot, the systems we use, etc.

And as for the division, it should be the same as the one you are applying for.

D

dar

Khnum said:
Wow, that is really awesome. But, I don't know how to start this up. I don't really know who's seated so I'm kinda stuck on that. Plus, I won't have the Internet at home for another month and I'm pretty sure message tagging would get annoying. I'll probably just have to wait until I get it at home. I'll still try this out though. Sounds like a good way for me to test myself.

Question: Would it be a good idea if I got other applicants to do this with me? I figure that way, I'll get used to writing with those I'll probably be doing collabs with in the future. That should be ok as long as I can find a seated officer for us, assuming I actually get someone to agree with this, to write with right? Also, does the person have to be in the same division as the one I'm applying for?

First off, the person that you're going to be collabing with need to be in the same division. In any case that it's not, then as long as that person is seated and is trying to 'teach' you, (proper stuff, mind you), it should be alright.

I dunno if it's a good idea to do it with other applicants since you wouldn't know who is getting accepted and who is not. I suggest you do this on your own.

Lastly, the list of ranked officers should be in the evaluation thread. Although its now listed in an organised way, there you could see who are the active officers.

Field practice isn't necessarily an induction collab.

Khnum

Oct 12, 2006
Detroit... area
Latens
1,000✦
Exa
⏆500
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Ok, well, I don't really see anyone else applying for 3rd division, so I'll do it by myself anyways. I just wanted to know if it was possible or not. So far I only found two people from looking through profiles and whatnot so... can I get a link for the evaluation thread you were talking about. I suck at finding things.

Grandleon

Nov 8, 2005
The End of Time
Latens
1,000✦
Exa
⏆500
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Khnum said:
Ok, well, I don't really see anyone else applying for 3rd division, so I'll do it by myself anyways. I just wanted to know if it was possible or not. So far I only found two people from looking through profiles and whatnot so... can I get a link for the evaluation thread you were talking about. I suck at finding things.

Hope you see my PM soon. Yes, I'd be glad to RP with you; consider the offer signed and sealed. The full RPC roster for the Third, disregarding yourself, is as follows:

The Third Division

• Sayuri Chikako, Captain (Fuzakeru)
  • Marcus Euchre, Vice Captain (Grandleon)
  • Naoko Tsukino, Fifth Seat (Khelekore)
  • Kurogane Momozono, Sixth Seat (SSJbattousai06)

Patreon

Writing Week is 502

Discord Chat

Current Date in Araevis