Hey guys, Zu... erm Switch here.

• Ready to join Post Terminus?

Click to get started and submit your first character.

Getting Started

switch5

Jun 13, 2009
Latens
1,778✦
Exa
⏆726
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium
0⌯
Bigatium
0⍨
Auritium
0⍫
Vitatium
0⌭
Caelitium
0⌬
Hey all, it feel like it's been ages since I posted to the forum and communicated with most of you.

In January after 4 years of working at a library I decided to pursue my MLIS (Masters in Library and Information Science), and one of my first classes tasked me with exploring an "information community" to see how their information seeking needs compared and contrasted with the information seeking needs of other communities libraries serve. I chose the cosplay community, however due to a lack of scholarly research on cosplayers I frequently found myself relying on research dedicated to the fan-fiction and greater fandom communities. Naturally, my mind drifted back to the Halcyon Days of old, and I realized how little I have been writing outside of academic papers and thought I would check back in and write a little again. For years writing both in HD and outside of HD had been such a huge part of my life and I could use to spend a little time focusing on exploring creative writing again.

I've grown a lot since the last time I wrote on here and I find a lot of my past writing awkward and cringe inducing, but I want to give writing as a creative outlet another chance.

My life has dramatically changed since the last time I spoke with the PT community. I finally finished my bachelor’s degree in graphic design (11 years after starting it), bought a new house with my wife, and as previously mentioned started a master’s degree. I work full time at a public library, which I have come to love. I still play a lot of Magic the Gathering, and my D&D group fell apart this January, which is part of the reason I'm here again, as I miss role-playing. I have started the fun task of yard work/home repairs as I am now a homeowner and we bought a fixer upper, but despite the challenging work the results so far have been exhilarating.

This is, I guess, a really long winded way of saying that I'm back, and that I missed this community. Any guidance in how best to approach this large world would be lovely. I did like my character the last time I wrote something like 3 chapters for PT, I might look those up and see if it’s salvageable. I'll hop in chat sometime over the next few days once I get home from work.

Oh and I'm glad to see PT is still alive, I was worried as I forgot the name and could only remember HD and Mangaden. I'm excited to be back on the forums again! Also sorry for my lame title, I just did my annual re-watch of Avatar the Last Airbender...

And bonus - here is a picture of me and my wife in front of our house, which is way blurrier than I remember. We bought it last August. Our back yard backs up to the parking lot for a public beach for the lake across the street. We have a wonderful view of the water from our backyard. It's in a nice and quiet neighborhood and the only reason we could afford it is the house needed a lot of work. I'm relatively handy and after paying contractors for a few major and necessary renovations (taking the hot tub out of the carpeted living room :oops: and replacing the floor in that room) I have steadily been updating the other parts of the house that need fixing

MoonlitRain014

Staff Member
Supporter
Sep 22, 2009
Latens
1,796✦
Exa
⏆13,779
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium
0⌯
Bigatium
0⍨
Auritium
0⍫
Vitatium
0⌭
Caelitium
0⌬
Welcome back Switchy! It's nice to see you coming to check in and it'd be great to have you back and writing. We have a good core of consistent writers, but it's a small one. Another addition to that cast of characters would be marvelous.

It seems like you've also managed to get your life working super well and that things have been moving in a positive direction for you which is tremendous! Also who puts a hot tub in a carpeted living room? I can see why you'd want that outta there.

Anyhow it'll be great to see you around again and I'm sure you'll make a wonderful addition to our writing roster!

swaswj

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2008
Latens
768✦
Exa
⏆548
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium
102⌯
Bigatium
54⍨
Auritium
5⍫
Vitatium
15⌭
Caelitium
0⌬
Hey Switch,

Great hearing from you again, and hearing that things have been going well in life! I'd like to say more but I'm in-between finishing up work and getting some sleep. Carpet around a hot-tub, though? The previous owners must have been a little eccentric.

Congrats on the new degree and new house (and marriage? If you were married before your hiatus, I didn't know it). If you need help getting started back up, do hop in chat. Important to know, though: 'Bleed' is no longer a thing, so if you want to start with a new character you can use all of your old points, not just 10% at a time. Or if you want to bring back your old char, just dive right in. Some of the crew here is into MTG and D&D, too; not the same as an irl table of friends, but might find something to scratch that itch.

Take care, man.

Patreon

Writing Week is 257

Discord Chat

Current Date in Araevis