ITEM SYSTEMOkay, after a week of revising and talking and stuff, this is the general layout. Keep in mind that this is a new system, created to regulate the amount of items popping up in battles, and make it so some people won't have 10 items.
Feel free to make any points or opinions on how/where i should change stuff.
So, getting on the program..
* Rules & Guidelines *
First, getting to the rules/some info before going to the item list
- The system only affects the battles and Sou Kyouko, but does not affect the writing and chapters, and in co-op fights, both sides agree on items to prevent cheapness. Volumes and other non-battle stuff are not regulated under this system.
- Everyone has 3 normal items, 2 unique items (only one can be used in a battle though, but they can be interchanged at the beginning of the week), and 2 special/rare items (like unique, only one can be used, if allowed)
- Items are freely interchangeable at the beginning of the week, where you do the kidou and the stat upgrades*
- Some items are logically reusable (knives), but some other items aren't (pills). Once you use non-reusable items, they may be taken off the inventory list. There is a 'pack' system, which some items come in bundles while only taking up one slot. Such as:Throwing knives (3), Energy pills (5) or Grappling hook (1) - these items may come in more than one, but only take up one slot of the three slots available.
- Normal items are regular items that are not special, nor unique, an do not posess special attributes. They are just regular items, like a plain knife.
- Unique items are items that only your character uses, and nobody else can have it. To prevent people taking advantage of it, everyone that has a unique item has to have a good explanation of how they got it, a full description of an item, and why is it considered a unique item. That person also has to use the item regularly (every now and then), and not have it just for kicks.
- Run unique items by me or Winduril to get them approved Your'e free to make them as you wish, but we'll give them head-up and opinions, and work out flaws.
- Rare/special items are things awarded by Wind and D for missions and other special events.
- Normal items can also be given for mission purposes, such as for a completion of a task that is be done with a particular item(s). These will be issued to you, and you are able to keep them afterwards. These items may differ from normal items slightly (some modifications may be done on the item, such as a longer rope) These items given to you will still be listed under normal items. You may discard them if you wish after the missions.
- People are discouraged from having two unique items just so they can have a larger inventory.
*If there is any misuse of the item system, such as many people nabbing three items at one so they are better equipped and not think logically, there may be new restrictions applied to te 'free interchange' rule. However, as of now, it's probably best to let all of you loose.
- Feel free to contribute to the item list, and offer opinions. You may also submit the unique items by pming Wind for approval, and then telling me. Post below to add items (which I will edit it in), suggestions, ideas, or unique items (if approved), and rare/special item ideas.
* Equipping an Item *
An example of how it works...
Kenzo Matsumoto - 3rd Seat, 10th Division
Spiritual Pressure: 525