Reviewed [Lr] Week 340: Lineal Scratch - Feedback

• Ready to join Post Terminus?

Click to get started and submit your first character.

Getting Started

Redfin

Staff member
Supporter
Mar 18, 2007
Over there
Latens
10,572✦
Exa
⏆14,496
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Haha. I read this chapter before putting up the last review.

Anyway, here is where you can see a real difference between how Chase speaks with Cribbage compared to how he interacts with the store keepers. It is interesting that Chase has to be the distraction, and he has to do it by talking. That is a real uncomfortable situation. They managed to get through it okay, though maybe the stutter does add to the storekeeper thinking Chase is just a naturally nervous person.

Some of the dialogue between Chase and Cribbage when they were separated felt a bit unclear, but that was more on me for not remembering they can communicate telepathically.

Well, it seems like both sides have a twist for the other.

MoonlitRain014

Staff Member
Supporter
Sep 22, 2009
Latens
4,654✦
Exa
⏆16,539
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
I am quite drawn in by the tales of Chase. I enjoy your characterizations and the way you move the action along, Beaks. I hope to learn from your writing and try to apply some of the lessons to my own. I am also enamoured of the way in which you meter out the story, letting the plot unravel at a comfortable pace. It can be tough (at least for me) to pace things. I tend to want to rush so it's nice to see a writer who doesn't. All I can say otherwise is that I look forward to reading your next chapter!

Patreon

Writing Week is 502

Discord Chat

Current Date in Araevis