Reviewed [Oc] Week 302: Heart or Death - Feedback

• Ready to join Post Terminus?

Click to get started and submit your first character.

Getting Started

Redfin

Staff member
Supporter
Mar 18, 2007
Over there
Latens
10,572✦
Exa
⏆14,496
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
This is a really good chapter. I liked it for the two great characters that was developed fast and well to make me care about them within one chapter. It followed a good flow starting out with a quick introduction to Cario and Apollo's relationship to each other. The scene is set up well with good foreshadowing of future events.

I liked the names and terms given to the guns. They are certainly more descriptive than what I would have done, and they add a good sense of verisimilitude to the world.

Following that, we get to the main conflict of the chapter, which is Cario dealing with his the person that tormented him. It was a really well done, and Apollo's part was good, too. This part fully solidified how the two of them viewed each other.

You've built a good rapport between Cario and Apollo all within one chapter.

There are a few mistakes. For instance:

“I can blame whoever the fuck I want,” Apollo said in a low, chilling tone. “until I find out who did it.”

Should be

“I can blame whoever the fuck I want,” Apollo said in a low, chilling tone, “until I find out who did it.”

Because it's all the same sentence.

And:

The pair descaled the steps in a hurry and cut left down the alley.

I am not sure descaled works here.

This seems to be a solid three-act structure and a good origin(?) story. Oh, wait, your PC is Apollo? Yeah, it still works for him, too, though Cario is the more important one of the story.

Last edited:
Reactions: Apollo

Patreon

Writing Week is 505

Discord Chat

Current Date in Araevis