Oreyanu Inorai

• Ready to join Post Terminus?

Click to get started and submit your first character.

Getting Started

Darkmoon

Feb 26, 2007
Latens
1,000✦
Exa
⏆500
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Contact Info: AIM: DuskShadowleaf

Name: Oreyanu Inorai (Nicknamed 'Rai)

She appears to be in her early 20s, perhaps 21 or 22. She has spent 300 years in Rukongai and the Soul Society.

Persona:
Inorai is a very quiet girl until you get to know her. She didn't have a lot of friends in life, so she got used to being alone and not having to talk to anyone. Her time in Rukongai, spent separated from everyone and everything she knew in her life, only increased her solitary tendencies. However, that is only the outer shell. Once 'Rai knows a person, that they won't hurt her and that they have friendly intentions, she warms up. On the inside, Inorai is still somewhat quiet, but has a sarcastic side that becomes readily apparent. This inner sarcasm has left many a pride wounded. She doesn't look forward to fighting, but will fight where she can to defend someone or something that is important to her.

Inorai still hosts some fears that people will hurt her, intentionally or otherwise. She, then, takes some time to warm up to. However, once she is attached, the attachment can often become permanent. 'Rai has been known to lose control when something she loves has been threatened. It can become a double-edged sword very quickly, as she has learned. Thus, Inorai strives to learn to control herself, which is another reason why she doesn't get close to many people. She would hate to put them at risk.

Physical Stature: Inorai is nothing special physically. She stands at about 5'4 in height, with a dancer's frame. Slender, but you can tell she has a whip-like strength hidden within those narrow shoulders. Long lashes hide shining, pale eyes that reveal themselves to be blue in the sunlight. In the shadow, they deepen to nearly black, as though they absorb the darkness.

Her heart-shaped face is framed by shoulder-length black hair that reveals an exotic reddish tint when light shines upon her. Her hair is parted on the side, with long bangs that are pinned away from her face. A golden headband runs underneath the folds of her bangs, tied in the back with a flowing knot. A matching silk ribbon is bound around her neck like a choker, and the sleeves of her uniform are cut in a diamond shape just below the shoulder, slightly revealing her white underrobe.

Division and Seat:
4th division, unseated

Sample Chapter:
Rebirth into Darkness and Sunlight
((Takes place shortly after Konso))
Word Count: 1427

Inorai stumbled, then fell flat on her face, black-red hair falling out of its neatly ordered pattern in a jumble. She gazed up at the man standing above her, blood seeping out of a slash across her cheek. Slowly rising to her feet, she tensed, then made a dash for the door of her shack as quick as lightning.

I made it! She cried in joy to herself as her feet started to cross the threshold. Just then she felt the hand grasping her by the hair, pulling her back and swinging her hard against the wall.

"I told you!" The man roared, holding her against the ground with one meaty hand. "You wench, listen up. I'm not going to tell you again. This is my part of town! You want to live here, you work for me. What you get, you give to me. If you've been a good girl, I might leave a little for you. Beat it!" She was out the door before he finished his sentence.

Making her way down to the river that seeped through the center of Rukongai, she flopped down with a sigh. She got her hair back into as good order as she could; it would never be good-looking in Rukongai, she thought to herself, But at least it'll stay out of my face. Safely hidden again behind the net of thick hair, she began to feel a little safer again.

Her silver-blue eyes flickered to the water barely flowing before her, nothing at all like where she had grown up. It was so beautiful there; the water was raging and all foam, the depths and shores were filled with life blossoming from it's rich waters. Here in Rukongai, the only life blossoming was the bully who could take what he wanted from those less powerful than him. A single tear began it's track down her filthy face, leaving a trail of blood, dirt, and grit.

She had been taught at the temples in her town, she knew her people's beliefs and culture. They believed that the afterlife was something to be looked forward to; a better place, looked on by their gods. Looking around her now, all she saw was despair and poverty that could not be escaped from. The single tear became two, then three. Before she knew it, her face was covered in silvery streams, silent sobs shaking her thin shoulders.
"Hey, now, what're those tears about?" A kind voice inquired behind her. She tried to run, but a firm hand grasped her by the shoulder. She was flipped around to face a tall man not much older than her.

"Well now, you're a mess. Did that animal do that to you?" She tried to shake her head, but just ended up with her whole body shaking and trembling as she tried to contain her own embarrassing emotions.

"You shouldn't let him control you like that," He told her firmly. "No one has the right to make themselves better than you; we all are in this together."

She felt a tiny smile begin to grasp the corner of her cheek, but before it could take hold, she felt the sadness return. We're all in this together, she thought. What a lie. Seeing that she didn't believe him, he grinned sarcastically at her.

"Listen, you can stay around here and have the daylights beaten out of you, or you can come with me."

She stared up at him with round eyes. Slowly she nodded, her tear-streaked eyes never leaving his. He smiled, then pulled her to her feet smoothly and started walking. After a moment's hesitation, she followed.

"By the way," He said, turning for a moment, "My name's Usolai. May I inquire as to yours?"

She blushed a little.

"In-Inorai. Inorai Oreyanu." He nodded.

"And a beautiful name it is. I take it you're a newcomer to Rukongai? Most here don't cry after the first few centuries." She blinked, stumbling for a second, then cursed and moved swiftly to catch up. She still hadn't gotten used to the idea that she would be here for the rest of forever.

"Y-yes. I just arrived here a little bit ago...Unfortunately soon after I arrived I was taken into the...care...of that man." As much as she wanted to have a friend, she still wasn't ready to open up. The memories of her trust, and subsequent murder, were still fresh in her mind's eye. He nodded, as if he understood, and didn't press her. Gratefully, she fell into silence, their strides matching length as the sun faded into the horizon behind them.

50 years later.......

Inorai smiled, an open, free, smile, filled with appreciation and humor at the joke her companion had just made. The two sat there for a moment, gazing at each other. Usolai had grown older, as had she. They had not aged physically, remaining eternally young, but their minds had changed as the time passed.

This is the good life my people spoke of...Inorai thought, knowing she had at last found true peace. Her life was good now. She lived in a small collective of people that had come together to survive in harmony, unlike her old "master" . She had, in fact, revisited him not long ago. She had been proud that she was now self-confident enough to stand up to him and show him all that she had become.

She still did not make friends easily. With Usolai's help, though, she had opened up enough to include their small group, and she was not cowering in fear anymore. That was enough for her. She could live with her accomplishment.

One of the others in their living group came and whispered something in Usolai's ear. With a glance at Inorai, he stood, then went outside. She heard him talking with someone, then a whoop of joy.

Racing back inside, he was grinning wildly. She felt her heart begin to beat faster.

"Its wonderful, Inorai!" He was yelling. "I've been accepted to the Central Spirit Academy! I'm going to become a Shinigami! I finally get to leave this place and go somewhere nice!" He continued on, raving about his new accomplishment.

Inorai put a smile on her face for him, but felt a crack begin to form in her new self-confidence. He was leaving, he was happy to leave, he felt he was going a better place.

"I'll be back; I have to tell everyone!" Usolai cried, his long legs carrying him out the door to all of his friends. Inorai simply turned to the wall.

Once more her silver-blue eyes misted over. She felt the tell-tale wetness begin to creep down her cheeks. She tried to hide behind her hair, not wanting to ruin this day for him. But he was long gone now, too excited to notice her grief.

Don't ruin this for him don't ruin this for him don't...don't....She repeated to herself over and over again, but the tears wouldn't stop. Sinking to the ground, she wrapped her slender arms around her legs and tried to keep her form from shaking with sobs. Too late she heard Usolai's steps getting closer once more.

"Come on, Inorai!" He yelled, trying to find her. "Where are you, Inorai? ......Inorai....." He finally saw her, trembling and shaking on the ground as tears poured down her face. "Whats wrong? Why are you crying?"

She shook her head sadly.

"I....I thought you were happy here....with me, and the others....I thought you liked it with us....I thought....I thought so many things." She bowed her head to her knees, once more hiding. "I'm a fool." She tried to say more, to apologize, but the words wouldn't come past the tears. She gave up and sat there sobbing.

She felt his arms around her. There they remained, wrapped around each other for the last time, until her tears were worn out and her body had stopped shaking.

The next day, when he set off for the Academy, she was there, smiling, waving him off. She put on a brave face for him, not wanting to ruin his accomplishment with her selfishness. Deep within her, a fire was born. A fire to join him. A fire to become a Shinigami. As he was carried off and away from her, she began her first steps to becoming a Soul Reaper.

Darkmoon

Feb 26, 2007
Latens
1,000✦
Exa
⏆500
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Zanpakutou:
Inorai's Zanpakutou is longer-bladed than the average soul slayer, but its blade is thinner to compensate. This frame fits her dance-like style of fighting well. It has an octagonal hilt-guard in rose-brass tones. The surface is engraved with delicate leaves on the wind.

The hilt itself is a deep red-orange toned silk-like cloth wrapped around the grip in a diagonal pattern. The cloth is interwoven with golden threads accenting the diagonal shape. Tied to the bottom of the hilt flow two strands of the same golden cloth as she wears for a headband. She carries the Zanpakutou in a black scabbard simply adorned, with a rose-brass cap on the tip. The scabbard is bound to her back diagonally. It is held there by a white sash attaching to her Shinigami robe's white belt like a bandolier.

Shi Kai: None as of yet
Ban Kai: None as of yet

Darkmoon

Feb 26, 2007
Latens
1,000✦
Exa
⏆500
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Biography:
Inorai was born on November 27th many years ago, in a small east-Asian town, along the shoreline where the surf meets the forest. 'Rai grew up among the many animals, and the many people. It was a poor area, and people were not very friendly there. Every day was simply a struggle to survive. Her mother vanished before she was old enough to understand "family" or "love" . All the young girl was left with was her father, a small-time fisher of the silver fish that danced in the surf outside their house. It was when she was young, watching the silver bodies flash and fly through the ice-blue waters, that 'Rai first understood beauty. Her timidness was incurred later on in years, though before she turned 10, by her father. Inorai speaks of what her father did to her to no one. She eventually grew old and strong enough to leave his care, and fled on her own, never to return to her home village. The girl-child traveled up into the hills and vales surrounding her home shoreline.

How long 'Rai wandered, even she does not know. Inorai lived for what seemed like eternity on her own, traveling slowly through endless forests and mountains. She grew tough, tougher than her small frame would appear to be able to endure. Her mind grew accustomed to silence, to only hearing the cry of birds or the wind blowing softly through leaves. 'Rai found a village much like her own, and tried to settle down. However, she found that she had spent far too long by herself. The still-young girl could no longer bear the constant press of people on her. In desperation, Inorai fled the village, no longer seeking a new home among others.

She settled by herself in a glade between two spectacular mountain cliffs. 'Rai grew very knowledgeable in self-defense and survival. Using her small stature to her advantage, the young girl developed her speed above all else; when your prey is a animal that has to survive from predators by outrunning them, you have to be quicker than them. It doesn't take much strength to kill a rabbit or meat animal.

Inorai lived alone until the age of 21; for the majority of her living life. Her fatal mistake was trying once more to integrate herself into common society. 'Rai met a group of travelers on a cliff top trail, them seeking a place to spend the night before they moved on to civilization the next day. She kindly offered them the use of her camp for as long as they felt they needed to rest. Little did Inorai realize her mistake; she was wearing her one prized possession, her mother's golden armband left to her. The traveler eyed it greedily, then agreed to her offer. They chatted the night away happily, exchanging news and tricks. That night, after the world-unwise girl went off to sleep, the traveler-thief stabbed her and took the golden trinket for his own.

In the middle of nowhere where she had chosen to live, there wasn't anything around to attract a Shinigami. Thus, Inorai stayed by herself, a ghost, for longer than she cares to think of. Driven nearly mad by loneliness, 'Rai was on the verge of crossing over that fateful line into becoming a hollow when a Shinigami finally found her and performed Konso.

Darkmoon

Feb 26, 2007
Latens
1,000✦
Exa
⏆500
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Stats:
Reiatsu: 789
Zanjutsu: 234
Hakuda: 132
Hohou: 293
Kidou: 130
Kidou Slot: Hadou #4, Byakurai [Ltg/Beam/Lng] - 25 Kidou/S
Kidou Slot: Bakudou #1, Obstruction [Non/Bind/Lng]- 15 Kidou/S3
Kidou Slot: Chiyudo #3, Hakuen [Wnd /Hea/Srt] - 15 kidou
Connection: 572
Items: 0
Item Slot:
Item Slot:
Item Slot:

Kidou Library

Byakurai - Hadou #4, 25 Kidou

Description: A blasting spell, intended to pierce an opponent like a bullet. Though it is a simple Kidou for beginners, on higher levels the attack is extremely effective in melee situations of face offs.

Incantation: Converge light into spaces of darkness... Hadou #4, Byakurai.

Obstruction - Bakudou #1, 15 Kidou

Description: Basically the same thing that Rukia uses in the beginning of the manga. Binds a target's arms together, can easily be defeated by opponents of similar or greater spiritual pressure.

Phrase:

>>>>>>>>>>

"Hakuen" (means, "White Smoke") - Chiyudo #3, 15 kidou

Description: A low-level 'all-purpose' healing spell, Hakuen uses a white cloud of healing reiatsu to hover just above a target's wounds to significantly heal a surface injury of no more than a foot in radius. The more the target moves, however, the less effective Hakuen is.

Range: Within 2 ft of the target. To cast this, the user guides reiatsu toward the wound by using both hands to conjure 'white smoke' in the direction of the wound.

Incantation: "From the morning mist to the evening darkness, let white smoke purify and calm the pain in this body... Chiyudo #3, Hakuen."

Darkmoon

Feb 26, 2007
Latens
1,000✦
Exa
⏆500
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬

NPC List​

Name: Orijinaru (Alias, no other name provided at this point)

Age: Appears to be 15 or 16. Lives in Rukongai; actual age unknown at this point.

Persona: A cocky boy, Orijinaru lives for the chance to flaunt his knowledge in other's faces. He relishes being in a crowd, but really desires being in the center of it. Outwardly he seems immature, but has an inner wisdom and strength that belies his age.

Physical Stature: Black locks cover a thin face messily- as though he rarely cares for it. The only even slightly attractive features of his face are his beautiful emerald eyes. Not particuarly tall, he stands at around 5'6. His frame is sturdy, but devoid of any excess fat whatsoever. He is a fighting machine.

Biography: A mysterious figure. Almost nothing is known of him at this point. He lives in one of the largest houses in the 74th district of Rukongai, but it's mostly been deserted for reasons noone knows.

Name: Petra; She is too young to know her own last name and thus has none.

Age: Appears to be six or seven, is relatively new to the Rukongai scene.

Persona: A bright young girl with a typical child's mentality, Petra is bubbling and always happy. She regards all people as friends, even those she should be wary of. To her, everyone is alike.

Physical Stature: Petra stands at just under 4'5. Cheerful, dark hazel eyes peer out from under light golden-brown locks, matched by an even brown tan acquired by long hours spent under the sun. Her hair is adorned simply, done up in a loose ponytail low on her neck. Her bangs are constantly escaping the control of the simple rope tie, falling in a haze around her wide face.

Biography: Little is known of Petra; she is too young to remember much about her life. She spoke only german when she was first met by Inorai and Usolai; now, she speaks a small amount of broken Japanese. She was adopted into their family-group, and views Inorai as an older sister-mother figure.

Last name: Itsuwari
First name: Usolai

Appearing age: 21-22

Persona: A confident figure, Usolai can often be misunderstood at first glance for the average "beater" - Strong, tall, and brainless. In truth, he is much different from this. While he is strong, Usolai showed a suprising talent for Kidou, something that got him no end of laughter during his Academy days. Almost immediately after meeting him, you cannot help but notice that his "beater" side is not even skin deep, giving way to a sensitive, intelligent man.

While not a man who goes around crying and whining all day long, Usolai's sensistive side runs very deep. He cannot ignore anyone in need around him, whatever the situation. It was this sense of comforting and pity that led him to initially meet Inorai. A very open and friendly person, most of those he meets take an instant liking to him - he's just one of those people who can get along with anyone.

Physical Stature: Standing tall, Usolai posesses a frame lacking in fat, but not too heavy on muscles. Even though he is strong enough to get through the day, the man views physical fighting as beneath him. With ice-blond hair done in an attractive short crew cut, his deep brown eyes, seeming to be orbs of black, leap out at you.

His uniform is mostly the same as all other Shinigami. His sleeves have been torn off by personal preference - long flapping tubes of cloth can only get in his way while casting. In contrast, his pant legs are billowing, almost obnoxiously long and big.

Division and Seat: 5th division, unseated

Zanpakutou: His Soul Slayer is carred over his left hip, connected from the sheath to the obi by slender but strong silver-white chains. The blade itself is shorter than usual Zanpakutous, due to the fact that he almost never uses it and wants to keep it out of his way. It resembles a Wakizashi for the most part, with a protective handgard curving out and down slightly to protect the bearer's hand.

The hilt is bound in a dull black cloth interwoven with a shining, silky, sky blue ribbon. Very simplistic in nature, the blade is like a shining mirror, bearing no scratches or engravings. The sheath is a simple, dark blue casing, slightly reflective.

Biography: Very little is known about Usolai's past, only what he has told Inorai and his "family". They heard tales of a simple family life beginning in Kyoto, filled with happiness. As of yet unmarried, Usolai was attending a school of law when he was struck by a car and died at the age of 21.

After arriving in Rukongai, the young Usolai spent his first few weeks assembling a makeshift "family" out of those he saw being mistreated or harmed around her. As members moved out of the small group, he would gather more young members to replace those gone. He was the sole family leader for a long time, caring for those too young to fully understand what had happened to them.

When Usolai met Inorai, he immediately brought her back to his family. Helping him care for the younglings, she proved the perfect help he had needed. Now that he had some free time in his day, Usolai turned his sights to higher things. It was this that brought him to becoming a Shinigami.

Stats:
Reiatsu: 460
Zanjutsu: 50
Hakuda: 70
Houhou: 110
Kidou: 230
Connection: 299

Last Name: Sutaasafaia
First Name: Kouzen

Appearing age: 24

Persona: Kouzen is the perfect match to compliment the already great friendship between Usolai and Inorai. His friends have learned to never take him seriously. Treating life as though it were one enormous game for his enjoyment, rarely is he seen actually doing work.

Often, his extremely blunt and open way of expressing his feelings can leave those around him hurting. As such, he tends to go through friends rather quickly, leaving behind him a trail of tears. The man also posesses an irresistable urge to catch as many women as possible. Gaining a reputation quickly in his division, the women no longer pay any attention to him. Thus, he has begun turning his sights to women of other divisions....

Physical Stature: Often harrassed for his tiny stature, Kouzen has turned it into something like a badge of honor. Standing at just beneath five feet, his silver-streaked blue hair only serves to make his crystal-violet eyes more shocking. Cutting his hair relatively short, he spikes it up, giving the impression of an electrocuted porcupine whenever one looks at him.

Around his slender neck rests a tight necklace of wooden orbs, dyed an alternating pattern of blood-red and lightning-yellow. He hasn't altered his uniform at all, thinking himself already too likely to stand out.

Division and Seat: 5th division, unseated

Zanpakutou: Longer than a wakizashi but shorter than most usual Katana, Kouzen's Zanpakutou is encased in a pure silver sheath, shining at its resting place on his hip. Decorated lavishly with a harsh geometric pattern in some strange, dull black metal, the sheath is capped on the end with a single ring to hang it on an obi. Wrapped in a spiral around the hilt, the pure white cloth is rough and practical in stark contrast to the rest of the sword.

Biography: Kouzen was the youngest child in his broken family. His mother was dead of a drug overdose, and his father was too busy at work to care for them. With a brother and a sister to take care of, there wasn't much time for fun. Kouzen tried to keep them happy whenever possible in their depressing life.

When they were all out and living on their own, starting new families, Kouzen finally had time to start a relationship with a woman. Before it had gotten much off the ground, however, both Kouzen and his girlfriend were killed in a car accident. Once he got to Rukongai and Soul Society, he didn't let himself get drawn into a family, but worked hard towards becoming a Shinigami.

Stats:
Reiatsu: 783
Zanjutsu: 100
Hakuda: 200
Hohou: 183
Kidou: 300
Connection: 572
Kidou Slots:
Hadou #13, Inflamari [Fir/Grd/Lng] - 85 Kidou/S2
Bakudou #8, Sealing Rings [Non/Hom/Lng] - 65 Kidou/S3
Chiyudo #18, Tereiki [Lgt/Hea/Srt] - 65 Kidou

Kidou Library:
Inflamari - Hadou #13, 85 Kidou

Attack: Creates a wave of fire that speeds towards the enemy. Weakness lies with the fact that it's connected to the ground. But the height and speed can be altered by energy put into it.

Incantation: From the thousand grains of sand, to the very tops of the mountains. Let us hear you roar Earth M0th3r. Hadou #13, Inflamari
Earthen Maw - Bakudou #13, 90 Kidou

Effect: Creates incredibly strong tendrils of dirt to spring from the ground and ensnare the arms and legs of the opponent.

Range:Because the nature of the tendrils is somewhat tricky, the caster must be close to the target. 5 Meters is the maximum. Otherwise the strength won't be sufficient to hold the opponent.

Incantation: Ensnaring sands, fleeting winds, bind yourself to mine enemy. And cease his movements. Bakudou #13, Earthen Maw.
Tereiki - Chiyudo #18, 65 Kidou

Effect: Slowly heals anything within 5 centimeters around the users right hand (Don't abuse healing ability)
Phrase: "Return to the way you were... Be free of weakness...Expel your pain... Chiyudo #18, Tereiki!"

Patreon

Writing Week is 506

Discord Chat

Current Date in Araevis