Plot Mission [Pawns Under Regal Hands]

• Ready to join Post Terminus?

Click to get started and submit your first character.

Getting Started

Winduril

Jan 8, 2005
Latens
1,000✦
Exa
⏆500
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Plot Missions:

Pawns Under Regal Hands
[The Second Siege of Seireitei]

General Movements and Walkthrough:

• 1. Numeros Seis-Diez (6-10) move in to Seireitei (through the use of the same device the Ryoka wielded) from the South under the orders of Numero Cinco (5) of the Subidoverdad Espada, leading three Sine Qua Non units (each with one hundred men ranging in strength from the basic, unseated Shinigami up to Vice-Captain level). They are aided by each of the units' Lieutenants, who possess Captain-level strength. Simultaneously entering from the North, four Excelsior members bypass the Bloodstone barrier using their leader's unusual powers.

• 2. Gotei members currently locked in battle with Ryoka will continue to fight the Ryoka. All other Shinigami will receive orders from the respective Captains and begin the battle against the Sine Qua Non members. Thus, all PCs Vice-Captain ranked or below are free to right their battles with SQN opponents as they desire.

• 3. The Captains themselves (none of which are fighting Ryoka at the moment) should either meet or receive orders via hellmoth on what to do. At this point, the choices are: A) Engage an Espada/SQN Lieutenant, B) Engage a Ryoka, or C) Engage a ??? [Deus Ex Machina].

• 4. The Espada are aiming to kill the Ryoka along with any Captain personnel they come across, and thus, it is would be more beneficial for the Ryoka to unite with their Gotei opposition after discovering that their original benefactors are in fact aiming to slaughter them (more on this later).

• 5. The Excelsior can pick whichever opponents they want and will move in accordingly.

• 6. The ??? [Deus Ex Machina] move in, causing a three pronged battle that will ultimately result in the following:

Side A) Gotei 13, Ryoka, The Excelsior

Side B) Sine Qua Non, Espada

Side C) ??? [Deus Ex Machina]

• 7. Additionally, one or two battles may be interrupted by {genesis} and THE SHADOWS.

• 8. All PCs at Vice Captain-rank or below are free to continue killing off SQN members for as long as the missions last.

• 9. The Espada will pull out via Negation and a host of Menos Grande once their Reiatsu has been depleted to below 20,000. Once they have retreated, ??? [Deus Ex Machina] will retreat as well prior to initiating the second part of these plot missions.

Notes:
*All VC or below-ranked members are free to use NPCs for whatever they want in regards to this SQN invasion. This is more like the Valley of Ultimo Crepsculo in that it's a plot environment rather than a mission. However, I know that the new players want to contribute to the big battle storyline, and so that's why I'm letting the Ryoka continue battling lower-class players for as long as they want. Thus, I suggest that the weaker PCs get in on bouts with the Ryoka prior to the release of their seals, because once they've gone up, they're not coming back down.

*My Espada, I will be sending you separate stuff so you'll know why exactly you're trying to kill the very Ryoka you sent in and all that jazz.

*??? [Deus Ex Machina], I will send you separate stuff as well.

*There is no hurt/heal **** this time around. That's because I want someone to monitor their characters reiatsu in all the battles. If the reiatsu hits 0 or they suffer a severe and critical injury, they will be effectively KO'ed for the duration of these missions. The only way to get out of that is by having a 3rd Division member heal you. You still won't be able to participate in any more battles, but you will get to go mess around with the legions of SQN members, and/or continue your personal plot story relative to the environment. The Captains, Ryoka, and Excelsior members who manage to remain in good enough condition (I will set an evaluation bar, so that only people who have a certain amount of Reiatsu will be able to continue) will participate in the second part of these missions, which focus more on the ??? [Deus Ex Machina], {genesis}, THE SHADOWS, and what exactly has been occurring in our RP world. This will truly start the beginning of this second arc.

*Stats? Hmm...if you're writing regularly, then go ahead and just keep going by your updated stats per week. When you get into a plot relevant battle, however, you will be using the stats that you had when you began for the duration of the fight. You'll have those stats through part two of the missions (which is more story driven, so don't worry too much, given that for the majority of the high up players, it'll be negligible).

How It Works

That Dumbass Who Made the Valley of Ultimo Crepsculo Missions said:
These missions are intended to be more about what you want to write rather than what you have to write. More specifically, there are no mandatory collabs, allowing you guys to write about the battle on your own terms. Since this is a several day long conflict, you have enough time to collab with friends on reflecting over the battle (hell, you can collab with your peers about fighting together with them too). So what exactly does that mean? You'll be writing more chapters than you will be writing collabs (hopefully). This is about your character's experience with war, the bad and the good, the action and the breaks, the triumphs and the failures. This opens the door for several things, such as using the missions as a medium for doing a Shikai or Bankai arc, finding yourself a nice antagonist out of the hordes of Hollows for future story development, and just gool ol' character development in general. This also means that people who aren't seated or just got seated can participate to their heart's content, since they won't be dragged into conflicts with uber monsters capable of tearing them to pieces. So really, just dig into it. I guarantee you this will most likely be your character's only experience with a battle of such grand proportions, so do take advantage of it.

This is essentially the same thing I intend for these when it comes to the majority of our PCs. Again, the Ryoka are there to provide you with more major plot implications if you're a lower level player wanting to dip into the waters of high-powered drama.

Implications

Of course, this also means that you could just not write at all, but like last time, I'm instilling a bonus on the grades...namely a 2.0 multiplier on whatever grade you make for the week. Factor that in with the 4 times multiplier all these plot related fights will reward with, and things look good. I'm taking away the 50 point post stuff in the Rendezvous threads, since that could get ridiculous, not to mention I think this is better anyway. From now on, those posts will be graded per normal word count.

Since I really don't know how long these will take (I mean, the Ryoka may be busy dealing with the lower PC requests for so long that the high up battles with the Espada, ??? [Deus Ex Machina], and the Captains/Excelsior finish without them coming in...after all, I don't need to bring in more bad guys than is necessary, so THE SHADOWS and the SQN Lts. may just see no action), I don't really need to do the average/mean thing I did last time for the people who were gone.

Division Orders

I'm not doing them. I'm not a Commander General anymore. Hell, Maki doesn't even have to do them if he doesn't want to...the Captains could probably distribute their own orders or whatever. It's not even a big deal, given that most of this individual response anyway.

Last Notices

Uh, this is just basically stuff I thought should probably go at the end or stuff someone pointed out to me after I posted and had to edit in:

OST

If someone wants to...by all means. We love music.

Seireitei

Ok...do not underestimate the size of Seireitei. It is absolutely enormous. SUPER BIG. As a result, I don't want to see preposterous things like people who are fighting on opposite sides running into one another, or Ryoka who were in one section jumping into the middle of a battle that's in another.

Amagawa Sougen, Diega Torres, Kyin Fenre

These are the three Captains targeted by the Ryoka. Leon Valiente Simeon is pretty much already set to engage Amagawa Sougen, so the other three Ryoka can decide amongst themselves if they intend to attack the other two Captains or not. I would like the Ryoka to get to Diega and Kyin if possible, but if not, that's fine...with the number of opponents, it's fairly plausible that they wouldn't get there.

Like I Mentioned

This will be the last plot mission where the outcome is already decided. The alliance between the Ryoka, Gotei, and the Excelsior is inevitable, as is the Espada's retreat, and the reassertion of ??? [Deus Ex Machina]. However, as I aforementioned, the damages to Seireitei are not set in stone, and I will be examining the degree to which the court is destroyed to evaluate how well you guys will do in the battle on Earth...which, mind you, is up for the grabs in regards to which side will be victorious. Thus, I suggest that both sides take this seriously, because even though we know who is going to lose, we don't know how much they'll lose by.

Who the hell are those crazy unknowns I listed?

As they reveal themselves, I'll come back in here and edit accordingly. The colored ones have already been showed, so those two should be easy to figure out.

This is messy...

I know. But there won't be battles with this many different people from here on out (I underestimated the number of factions I was bringing in), so once we get past here, it'll be smooth sailing....I hope. I dunno. My main concern as of right now is providing everyone with a plot line that they'll enjoy, so hopefully, the way this and part two pans out will keep you guys interested.

The 2X goes into effect immediately, so Captains, any plot related writing needs to be graded accordingly.

The Sine Qua Non are...

...Rogue Shinigami. Not Hollows. They have zanpakutou and all that (no Red Moon tattoos though >_>). They wear a white uniform that makes them starkly resemble ninja (they have the garments over their mouth too), and just happens to make them slightly more difficult to see given Seireitei's all white decor.

Winduril

Jan 8, 2005
Latens
1,000✦
Exa
⏆500
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
I'm going to be editing this post to include plot fight matchups (since everyone's been asking me for a list of who fights whom). Since a lot of this is going be preferance based, you guys can go ahead and PM me your requests for opponents, and I'll assort appropriately.

Winduril

Jan 8, 2005
Latens
1,000✦
Exa
⏆500
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
These are the "final" battles for this particular section. More specifically, that means you don't have to necessarily jump straight to these bouts (although in the cases of some, it may work better for activity issues). The "???" are Deus Ex Machina. Simply notify me when you've started the battle, and sometime in the middle of it, I'll make a chat with the fighters and the newly introduced ??? (so that means be wary, since they may step in at any point during the battle).

Once again, while it's clear that the "Bad Guys" are going to be driven back in this particular episode, they are going to attack relentlessly and aim for the victory (really, they can beat you guys...and if they do, I'll step in myself to thwart them off, but they'll still have pwned your *** AND caused massive damage in the process...and oh yeah, prevent you from participating in part two of these missions). Consequently, don't think you're not in for an easy battle.

People in brackets are people who have shown they may not be able to participate due to activity issues. Feel free to do fights without them, but only if you notify them first. I also left some people off the ballot altogether. If you're one of those, just IM me and I'll explain why, though I'm sure you can guess.

Amagawa Sougen
vs. Leon Valiente Simeon vs.​
???

Numero Seis Repentino Helada
vs.​
Kyin Fenre​

Numero Siete CÁƒ ³lera Profunda
vs.​
Diega Torres-Cofresi

Numero Ocho Barandilla Trueno
vs.​
Kuragari Seisatsu & Kobayashi Namiko

Numero Nueve Melusina
vs.​
Jinsoku & Fuyubi Tenkyuu

Numero Diez Gancho Quemadura
vs.​
Rei Jiiro

Arma Verdadera
vs. Shouyuu Yasougin & Sayuri Chikako vs.​
???

???
vs.​
Yukiko Murray & [Hiyowa Shinshi]

Fuego Baladronada
vs.​
Taiken Yuusuke

SQN Lt. 1 (Mooti)
vs.​
Saiyoisen & Kenzo Matsumoto

SQN Lt. 2 (Polka)
vs. Tenshirou & Katsu Iwakami vs.​
???

SQN Lt. 3 (Dippy)
vs.​
Shiroi & [Takero Idaten] & [Hiana Maisaku]

Unfortunately, these matchups are subject to change, so while you should feel free to begin setting up good times with your opponent or discussing how you want the fight to come about, keep an eye out in here for the next couple of days.

Amadeus

Jun 1, 2005
Latens
1,000✦
Exa
⏆500
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
In accordance with Wind's command, the [Deus ex Machina] may now engage in their respective fights. Those of you who have a [Deus ex Machina] in your fight, be expecting an IM in the near future.

Patreon

Writing Week is 502

Discord Chat

Current Date in Araevis