Question about Terra Regia

• Ready to join Post Terminus?

Click to get started and submit your first character.

Getting Started

Nutella

Homoerotic Subtext
May 27, 2011
Middle Earth
Latens
1,000✦
Exa
⏆500
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium
0⌯
Bigatium
0⍨
Auritium
0⍫
Vitatium
0⌭
Caelitium
0⌬
How big/much is a standard Terra Regia purchase? Though it has a pic, I have completely no idea how much it is.

Like, for example, the amount of lateris completely confuses me. How come it takes 5 lateris for a mundane melee weapon and only 10 lateris for a personal glider? It makes it kinda hard to imagine how much each purchase is, lawl.

Same goes for volantis and pulveris. I imagine volantis to be roughly 1L each because gotta have all that airship fuel lol. But I could be wrong.

Yeah, babble aside, how much is a standard TR purchase?

swaswj

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2008
Latens
1,856✦
Exa
⏆902
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium
102⌯
Bigatium
54⍨
Auritium
5⍫
Vitatium
15⌭
Caelitium
0⌬
It varies.

To avoid penalizing people using bigger weapons or reward people using smaller ones -- despite the fact that weapon size gives little or no benefit or disadvantage -- crafting items takes a set amount of terra regia. This is more a cost-equalizing factor, though.

So, while the weight or volume of terra regia isn't defined, the value/cost of each unit of terra regia remains constant.

FogOverLondon

Jul 17, 2008
Latens
3,821✦
Exa
⏆1,833
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium
0⌯
Bigatium
0⍨
Auritium
0⍫
Vitatium
0⌭
Caelitium
0⌬
Along the lines of Terra Regia, I don't see some of the original explanation docs that were in the PT staging area in the codex (specifically Terra Regia grades and types). Do you think that it hinders creative application to post it? Or do you think that we might benefit from knowing how, say, the sand-type Terra Regia and the alloy-type Terra Regia, might be used?

I am pretty sure vehicles, weapons and armor would be from the alloy; explosives and ammunition would be from the sand TR's, and fuels, potions, spell-items and enchantments might be from the liquid TR's, but if they might be applied some other way via crafting, I haven't thought of it yet. Did I miss the document here somewhere that sort of outlines the possible applications? Or can I just refer to the old staging docs and put in a little more effort to be creative with them here?

K3

The Angry One
Staff member
Jun 29, 2008
The Great Pond in the Sky
Latens
0✦
Exa
⏆5,910
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium
0⌯
Bigatium
0⍨
Auritium
0⍫
Vitatium
0⌭
Caelitium
0⌬
Along the lines of Terra Regia, I don't see some of the original explanation docs that were in the PT staging area in the codex (specifically Terra Regia grades and types). Do you think that it hinders creative application to post it? Or do you think that we might benefit from knowing how, say, the sand-type Terra Regia and the alloy-type Terra Regia, might be used?

I am pretty sure vehicles, weapons and armor would be from the alloy; explosives and ammunition would be from the sand TR's, and fuels, potions, spell-items and enchantments might be from the liquid TR's, but if they might be applied some other way via crafting, I haven't thought of it yet. Did I miss the document here somewhere that sort of outlines the possible applications? Or can I just refer to the old staging docs and put in a little more effort to be creative with them here?
Certain posts from the PT Staging Area were not in a suitable state for launch, and as such remissions were and are needed for some information. We're attempting to bring over as much as we can, but Will, Sev, and I are also trying to keep up with the opening rush and making sure the systems themselves are stable in practice.

Overall, I'd say once we let out our collective sigh of relief after the initial flurry of activity, you'll see a lot of leftovers from Mangaden being properly ported to here.

Patreon

Writing Week is 270

Discord Chat

Current Date in Araevis