Reviewed [Short Story] Week 300: Tales of Nuvo - Feedback

• Ready to join Post Terminus?

Click to get started and submit your first character.

Getting Started

Redfin

Staff member
Supporter
Mar 18, 2007
Over there
Latens
2,477✦
Exa
⏆10,785
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬

MoonlitRain014

Staff Member
Supporter
Sep 22, 2009
Latens
4,729✦
Exa
⏆15,136
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
I must say that I was charmed and touched by "Tales of Nuvo" right off the bat. I like how you took a simple quest for ingredients for Trellan and turned it into an epic adventure with dangerous jungles, evil objects and adorable drones.

The character of Nuvo itself was great. I enjoyed how you imbued this little drone with so much character. It was easily as well-drawn as Trellan himself and it burst through with personality. There was almost a Pixar quality about him. I could really see him animated.

Perhaps Trellan lacked a little character in comparison actually. It wasn't at all enough to detract from the story. He was still pretty fun and cool, he just didn't charm me as much as Nuvo did. He certainly was quite tenacious and brave in his own way.

I also liked the way you segmented the story. It helped to follow along that way. It's fun to see how the interactions worked with Trellan and Nuvo. You had them become quite a strong partnership and it added to the emotion as things unfolded.

As for the writing itself, you had no technical issues worthy of comment. Perhaps I would've wanted a little more description of surroundings and maybe a few longer sentences but that was more personal than anything else. In general, I was charmed and touched like I said. I'd love to read more about Trellan's adventures too.

Patreon

Writing Week is 308

Discord Chat

Current Date in Araevis