• Ready to join Post Terminus?

Click to get started and submit your first character.

Getting Started

Redfin

Staff member
Supporter
Mar 18, 2007
Over there
Latens
9,191✦
Exa
⏆13,938
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Welcome to Valheim, the place where warriors go to prove themselves worthy. This is an open-world survival game with a Norse style. The world is procedurally generated, so everyone will have a different world. From there, you slowly work your way up from wooden sticks to mining silver and more. Your goal is to beat all the bosses of the world.

This game is still in early access, so things I say now might not still be true later on. Find it on Steam.

valheim-0.png
Things are still in development

Valheim can be played multiplayer, but I’ve just been going about it in single player.

Though the game is in early access, it seems to already have the basics down really well. Combat is simple, but it does have a lot of different weapon types. You can block, dodge, and even parry with certain equipment. And you’ll want to parry as that is...

Continue reading...

Dysney

Staff Member
Supporter
Dec 30, 2012
Murica
Latens
985✦
Exa
⏆653
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
I've played Valheim myself (both single and multi-player) a bit and your description is spot on. I think some of the more monotonous resource gathering can be mitigated by playing with others. You can take whatever is in your inventory with you when you return to your solo world! It's pretty neat because you can grind resources as a group and still benefit from the upgraded equipment while playing solo. Also, having friends makes it way easier to carry metal ores back to your base.

Patreon

Writing Week is 418

Discord Chat

Current Date in Araevis