[O] Week 211: Tokio Mayta.

• Ready to join Post Terminus?

Click to get started and submit your first character.

Getting Started

loose_kannon

Feb 5, 2012
Latens
1,000✦
Exa
⏆500
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium
0⌯
Bigatium
0⍨
Auritium
0⍫
Vitatium
0⌭
Caelitium
0⌬
Name: Mayta, Tokio. (Towh-kee-oh May-tah)

Contact Info: Loose_Kannon@aol.com via email or AIM.

Physical Stature: Tokio stands at six-foot, three inches tall, standing slightly above most people in his city of Hiroshima. His soft, dark-brown skin sets him aside the crowds when he makes his way through the streets. He has short, slightly curly hair that is black in color from a distance, but upon closer inspection reveals itself to be more of a dark-blue, nearly a metallic color. His eyes are a matching chocolate brown, complete with slightly longer lashes than the average male. He’s on the slim side, weighing in at 163 lbs and while he’s not the most muscular young man on the block, he is well built for his size. Typically, he wears casual clothing or light-business, opting for either slim-black jeans or dress pants, and collared shirts or flannels.

Persona: Tokio would be described as realist, leaning slightly more towards the pessimistic side of things. When asked whether he saw the glass as half-full or half-empty, he responded, "Who gives a damn? I’m thirsty, hand it over!” He’s got a take-charge attitude, with a slight more disrespect for authority than your average rebellious teen. Turning to drinking, he’s developed minor-medium alcoholism, consuming copious amounts of alcohol at least four days a week. When he goes without booze for an extended period of time, he becomes extremely irritable, lazy, and may even become ill. Tokio is also very cocky and arrogant about himself and his accomplishments. He tends not to trust women especially, having gone through a difficult relationship in his past, and usually either disregards them completely, or uses them for little more than basic assistance or sexual wants. He’s not easily spooked or startled, and is very restless and impatient.

Biography: Tokio was born on a vacation in Cuba to his father, Joshua, and mother, Tae. When they returned to their home in Canada, his mother fell ill to a virus, passing away before he was six. Moving back to her hometown of Hiroshima with his father, Tokio quickly adopted his mother’s last name over his father’s, in respect for the woman he’d never get the chance to truely know. His father became an alcoholic and was slightly abusive, both physically and emotionally. Finally moving himself away from his father at 17, Tokio found himself also turning to drinking as a coping method, after losing his romantic partner of four-years at age 18. A few months later, following his 19th Birthday, he was contacted by an Agent of Orpheus, after being noticed faintly seeing a hollow attacking a group of civilians in Tokyo.

Organization: Orpheus.

Stats:

Reiatsu: 100.
Combat: 40.
Agility: 35.
Resistance: 25.
Resonance: 0%.

Sample Chapter: Fast Pace.

Sliding across the black tarmac, Tokio tucked himself, rolling to a stop before standing again. He quickly shook his head to rid himself of the slight disorientation before he was cut short. A well placed blow slammed into his chest, pushing him back as he stumbled towards the back of the crowd. Glaring as he steadied himself, he shot a death look at his current opponent. Tao Ritea, a local born-and-raised student at the high school he attended, had an extreme distaste for foreigners. He’d especially taken a disliking to Tokio, hating the fact that he thought he was better than the other kids.

Tokio ducked as Tao swung, diving and tackling him down to the ground. The crowd of teens that surrounded them gasped at the sudden upturn in the fight. Fist high in the air already, Tokio pounded a flurry of four punches to Tao’s chest, causing the larger boy to cringe in pain. Tao’s friends, Mian Usomi and Nito Oata, grabbed him quickly, flinging him off of Tao and tossing him across the small parking space. Off to the side, Tokio heard one of the teachers trying to struggle their way to the front of the crowd.

Tao stood up, brushing himself off, before rushing Tokio again, landing a heavy hit to his left jaw. Tokio reeled back from the hit, spitting out blood and saliva onto the pavement. Steadying, he launched back, ramming his forehead against Tao’s chest, and kicking his leg out from under him. Tao fell to the ground with a thud, and Tokio stepped forward to kick him on the ground; before he was grabbed from behind. Thinking it was Mian and Nito again, he kicked back, striking a crotch. As he prepared to repeat his actions on the otherside, the grunt he heard was not that of a teenage boy. Turning his head, he felt the strike of a police baton, and saw the face of a Hiroshima Police Force Officer.

The crack of the thick, black rod against his back caused Tokio to crumple to his knees, throwing up his hands in knowing defeat. There was one thing in the world that he knew could best him, and that was armed officers. Another quick glance confirmed and supported his surrender; a taser and a holstered pistol were both present on the officer’s hip. His partner, who Tokio had kicked, glared at him, roughly grabbing his arms and jerking them behind his back. The second his wrists bumped together, the officer who’s name tag read "Myi”, slapped the first cuff around his left wrist before quickly following with the right.

The second the cuffs clicked in the tightest possible lock, the officers jerked Tokio to a standing position before beginning to rattle off his rights. Ignoring them, Tokio just glared at the students around him in disgust that one amongst them would contact law enforcement. The officers pressed his face against the rear of the squad car before opening the door. Being shoved inside, Tokio grunted as he landed roughly on the hard plastic seat before the officer slammed the door. With a quick glance, he noticed that Tao was being shoved into the other car a few yards away.

Tokio turned his head down into his lap, unable to rest it on his hands dude to them being chained behind his back. His thoughts turned to how he’d bail himself out, having spent all of his savings on a car recently. Suddenly, before he could finish his brainstorming, there was a bang as a body was thrown against the plastic shell of the car. Looking out the window, he saw one of the two officers thrust against the door. The driver’s door flung open, and a black figure slipped quickly into the seat before slamming on the gas pedal. The engine humming to life, the police cruiser peeled out of the High School parking lot.

Tires screeching across the black streets of Hiroshima, Tokio took this moment to call out, "What the hell is going on?!” As the car slid around a corner, the smell of rubber burning floating through the air, the figure replied with a gruff voice. "Just shut up and hold on,” he snapped quickly, spinning the wheel hard right and causing Tokio to slide roughly against the door. Grabbing the seatbelt behind him, Tokio managed to straighten himself up as the car began to tear down one of the main boulevards.

"I want you to listen closely,” the man in black said back to Tokio. "I’m Agent Yira. That’s all you’re going to learn about me besides the next bit. I’m from Orpheus. And whether you like it or not, you’re coming to our Headquarters to speak with a few people. Is that clear?” Tokio snorted inwardly as he shot back, "Well, doesn’t look like I’ll be running off anytime soon now does it?”

The man, Agent Yira, grinned back at Tokio in the rear view mirror, letting him get a glance at his face. Yira had to be at least forty or fifty years old, the wrinkles and age clearly visible on his face. Thin lips and heavy lidded green eyes completed a look otherwise covered in a black suit and fedora. As they made a split-second of eye contact, Tokio broke it, looking off into the distance through the passenger side window. Yira frowned, but nodded as he resumed driving.

After a few more seconds, the car took a hard right into a parking garage, yet continued to barrel along towards the back of the building. Slightly bracing himself, Tokio grimaced as his head bumped against the seat in front of him, the car screeching to a quick halt. Quickly looking up, he found himself in near-complete darkness, save for the flashlights now shining at the car. Four men in suits like Yira’s stepped over to the car. One of them called out, "Agent Yira, is the package intact?” Yira nodded, calling back, "Yes, now come on, we need to get him checked over.”

The other agents, Tokio presumed they were, quickly popped open the door, blindfolding him and jerking him out into the lot in the moment it took him to take a single breath. Being walked by three men, one on each arm and one behind, Tokio had no choice but to hustle along as he felt himself enter a warmer room. Following a ding and the sound of a door closing, the feeling of slight inertia told Tokio where he was; descending in an elevator. Tokio’s mind swarmed, trying to process the events that were going on.

Dropping feet after feet, plunging downwards in what Tokio figured had to be at least fifteen floors worth, the elevator slowly ground itself to a halt. As the blindfold was taken off, Tokio kept his gaze straightforward as the door opened up into what appeared to be at first glance, a large, busy office, filled with nothing but men and women in black suits, most of them holding gus or other weapons. Yira placed his hand on Tokio’s sholder. "Welcome to Orpheus.”

Word Count: 1,187.

bankzu

Feb 24, 2006
Latens
1,000✦
Exa
⏆500
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium
0⌯
Bigatium
0⍨
Auritium
0⍫
Vitatium
0⌭
Caelitium
0⌬
Yo. Hi. Hello. Sup? Yeeeh, I'm here to app-staff the shit out of your application. You can call me Drag.

Name: It's a name, success!

Contact Info: Since I've seen you on AIM, it works.

Physical Stature: We now know how he looks which is good).

Persona: This was fine.

Biography: As was this.

Organization: Personally, I like the 12th division (cookies and killing people brah,) but I'm sure someone will be happy about Orpheus.

Stats: They add up to a 100, yay!

Sample Chapter: Okay so I found a lot of error in this. No, I did not. In fact, I found nothing wrong. Congrats.

You may go to the final drafts and have your application checked by the temporary head staff Tetsujin (Tits).

Stephen Tetsu

Jun 2, 2009
Latens
1,645✦
Exa
⏆573
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium
0⌯
Bigatium
0⍨
Auritium
0⍫
Vitatium
0⌭
Caelitium
0⌬
Heyo.

I ain't that much of an AH expert but your application is
APPROVED

These are your orders, should you so choose to accept:

1) Request to join the Halcyon Days Permission group. On the top of the forums, there is a Settings. Then on the side, go down to My Settings, My Account, Permission Groups. Once there, request to join Halcyon Days.

Then

2) Post your application as your profile in the Spiritualist Arcana section of the Andvent Human forum.

3) Post your stats in the current week's thread in the Personnel Record. Follow the other people's formatting if you're unsure how it should look. Be sure to use your own division color though. Ask Sev, one of the GMs and your faction head, what the color should be.

4) Post your writing sample in the Writing section of Halcyon Days. You can either post it this week or sometime soon. You get three weeks of noob bonus (explained here along with other bonuses) that starts when you post your first writing (within two weeks of being accepted otherwise the bonus is forfeited). Remember to keep all chapter writing to a single thread for each week.

Follow this format when titling your threads: [O] Week 211: Insert Title Here

Each writing week ends at 11:59pm EST (-5 GMT) Saturday night.

Last edited by a moderator:

Patreon

Writing Week is 254

Discord Chat

Current Date in Araevis