Reviewed Week 303: Cats Paw - Feedback

• Ready to join Post Terminus?

Click to get started and submit your first character.

Getting Started

Redfin

Staff member
Supporter
Mar 18, 2007
Over there
Latens
2,477✦
Exa
⏆10,785
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Wow, that is a messed up messaging system. Useful, though, like some video call stuff going on. The meeting was pretty cool. I liked the distinct and mysterious members of the Black Cats. They have the feel of a sinister organization for sure. Though each of them appeared only for a short bit, they do leave a lasting impression, so good job on that. The entire meeting scene was cool with how much disdain the others have for Kai.

Random note, I find Kaizaell oddly tough to spell, so I'll just stick with Kai.

Of course Kai's going to see his target immediately upon waking up. I like how Kai has his own thing going on while there is a war, and that he'll have to make a choice that might hinder the war effort. Hopefully, the target isn't just a random test and going through with the task will have some big ramifications.

Some sentences of the chapter read awkwardly, like there is too much information jammed into one or repeating information. For instance:

The night was silent, but slightly muggy, no insect chatter made the silence stretch even longer and the light snoring of others within the tent where they were all waiting barely covered it.

Feels like two or more sentences.

Overall, a cool chapter to tie into what Kai might be going for during the assault. Also, weird meeting system.

Patreon

Writing Week is 308

Discord Chat

Current Date in Araevis