Writing Podcast

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Apeiron

That One Guy
Jul 23, 2009
So, I'm kinda bored, and in a bit of a writing slump.

To help combat -kind of- this, I want to try something.

I want three volunteers of (hopefully) varying writing strength, to sit down with me from time to time and talk about the technical aspects of writing a story. The topics can range and you can use whatever source material you want withing reason.

Why? Because, while I don't know about most of you, I enjoy the finer points of writing. I look for what authors do in their stories to make them memorable, or epic, or just all around good. A majority of this community is a group of writers who get graded on a varying scale of what's good and what's not good. But how much technical information actually gets passed on? I don't mean (necessarily) how to properly use the ellipse, or the comma, or the period, but the varying ways in which someone can possibly write.

Besides, wouldn't it just be cool to sit around and talk to people about this stuff?

I'unno. Maybe I'm just weird =D

So is anyone with me?

Rob

Pew Pew Pew
Apr 1, 2009
This is what you get for hiding certain forum boards, and then collapsing them again after forever - you miss awesome threads like this.

Not sure if you're still up for it, but you can sign me up for sure.

Apeiron

That One Guy
Jul 23, 2009
Yeah I'm still up for this. I was kinda thinking people just didn't have interest because Raph and Hiren were doing their whole Fifth Wall thing.

That's one, at least.

Rob

Pew Pew Pew
Apr 1, 2009
Well, we could always start out with just the two of us and see where things go from there?

Writing Week is 210

Discord Chat