[Open] Week 209: In The Absence of Enemies

• Ready to join Post Terminus?

Click to get started and submit your first character.

Getting Started
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dysney

Staff Member
Supporter
Dec 30, 2012
Murica
Latens
985✦
Exa
⏆653
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Ignis smiled up at Deni warmly, resting her head on his chest as they slowly whirled around the bar. Her claws trailed against his chest gently, preening at his scales through his shirt.

"Another time, then," she agreed easily. "I am a bit dizzy."

A giggle escaped the rust feathered woman's lips as the velen recounted his childhood dance lessons. "It's no surprise you were a handful even back then," she teased just loud enough for him to hear.

His next suggestion brought a rosy color to her cheeks. "Oh my, Mr. Perifide," Ignis replied in faux surprise, "are you suggesting we sneak away from this lovely gathering for a private party of our own?"

Elsewhere, Amicus tired of Aelflead and Keydis' awkward dancing and clambered down to the floor. The leafy woodland spirit slipped between the legs of drunken dancers and hopped out of the way of stray kicks and feet coming down. The large mons infans found his way out of the crowd and to Aeria's side, tugging briefly at her pants before climbing up and perching on the spurrii's shoulder.

He rustled in greeting before settling in, branchy fingers curling into her clothes to secure his position.

[200/1865]

Last edited:

Mystydjinn

[Insert rimshot]
Jul 29, 2013
Flint, MI
Latens
481✦
Exa
⏆359
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
A wise decision on Amicus' part, for no sooner than the spirit had left the "dancing" women, they were at blows.

Aelflead awkwardly reared back with her right but Keydis' body was quicker on the draw. Before thought could come into play, Keydis' fist cracked solidly across her partner's jaw. The drunk reeled for a moment, eyes rattling in her head, but not for very long.

As her bruise formed, Aelflead's body righted itself switching gears back to its dominant side. And following a garbled mess that read something like, "Your face is gonna it a basi' ass looked wish!" The spurii's left dove for the Keydis' solar plexus.

WC: [109/2,026]
Lvl 3 gangway punch, but Aelf's obviously super drunk.

Last edited:

Valero

Lobster Mobster
Supporter
Jan 5, 2010
Latens
1,046✦
Exa
⏆607
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
The intimacy of the couple was interrupted by the ensuing confrontation. Instinctively, Deni pulled Ignis away from the two drunk women about to cause a brawl. Though the dance was broken off, the velen kept one long arm around his partner’s hip.

“Well, I guess that was inevitable,” he sighed. As a few unfortunate patrons moved in to separate the two combatants, the velen leaned his head closer to his partner. He misjudged the distanced and almost headbutted her, but passed it off as him leaning in for another zealous peck on the cheek.

“Which Ignis are you feeling like right now? The lover or the fighter?”

Deni shifted behind his companion and caressed her shoulders with his webbed fingers.

“Fancy working up a sweat before we work up a sweat, or shall we sneak away while we have the chance?”

[141/2,805]

Keydis Lysistrata

Caeancora
Mar 9, 2019
Terminus
Latens
1,362✦
Exa
⏆100,000
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
5⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
2⌬
Sent hurtling backward by the stunningly powerful punch, Keydis slammed into a chair at one of the tables in the middle of the floor, ousting its current occupant. She grabbed onto the table and the back of the chair, tipping both, spilling food and booze across the floor. The furniture dropped back in place, leaving Keydis seated with a surprised look on her face.

A grin slowly replaced the look of shock. “That hurt almost as much as trying to understand your grunting!” Her abdomen might have been throbbing, but her scaled mail had softened the blow. Keydis stood back up without acknowledging the ache, casually brushing flecks of sandwich from one shoulder.

Payback time. The brunette’s first punch might as well have been a love tap. Keydis charged ahead, tackling Aelflead to the bar, then snapping down and low to slam a fist in just below the redhead’s ribs.

[155/1980]

Mystydjinn

[Insert rimshot]
Jul 29, 2013
Flint, MI
Latens
481✦
Exa
⏆359
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Bar patrons yelped and scattered as Keydis pounced, and the bar gave way to the pair's descent with an explosive chorus of snapping and splintering wood with Aelflead playing "Gasping for breath" on her lungs as accompaniment.

The woman's drunken stubbornness only allowed her a moment to be dazed from Keydis' tackling charge. And as Keydis blow landed, another grunt shot past the redhead's lips, but her hand rose to catch the terran's arm in her fist before she could pull away.

"You!" Aelflead yanked the brunette close. "Hit lik a bich!" The drunk crowed, throwing her head forward to meet Keydis in a rocky embrace.

WC: [106/2,132]
Aelflead used Headbutt!

Last edited:

MoonlitRain014

Staff Member
Supporter
Sep 22, 2009
Latens
4,654✦
Exa
⏆16,539
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Patting the rustling little creature, Aeria enjoyed him cozying up to her. She watched the action while seated next to Dante. He seemed to be lost in a reverie and he seemed not to have heard her request to dance. She wasn't sure how to respond to what was going on with him. It seemed like something a normal person should do, feel this connection to him that she felt, but lately she hadn't felt much like a normal person. Her desire to sequester herself from the world had grown stronger after what had happened at the Black Portal.

The sound of wood breaking and voices raised in anger was harder to ignore now. Briefly Aeria considered wading in to break up the brawl, but she decided that without her halberd it might be tough to assert herself with these two powerful women throwing haymakers that looked like they'd take her head off if any of them connected with her.

She felt a twinge of sympathy for Cicely and the cleanup that would happen after this 'party'. She wondered if Deni had anticipated any of this when he suggested they all meet for a drink.

[1827]

Dysney

Staff Member
Supporter
Dec 30, 2012
Murica
Latens
985✦
Exa
⏆653
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Amicus seemed to enjoy Aeria's attention quite a bit, snuggling closer as she petted him. The little mons infans turned his head to follow Aeria's gaze.

Ignis winced as Aelflead and Keydis began to fight. "I can't say I'm surprised, love," the red feathered woman replied, leaning against Deni's side.

"I don't really want to get in the way of Aelflead's fists again, but--"

Vines sprung to life, in an attempt to snare Aelflead and Keydis in their grasp and drag the two women apart. It was difficult to get ahold of the squirming women, but Amicus was intent on dragging the angry spurii away.

Ignis rushed over to her familiar with Deni in tow. Her brow furrowed with concern.

"I still don't want to tangle with that," the avian told the velen man.

Deni laughed and rustled Amicus' feathers.

[140/2005]

Last edited:

Shadowthread

May 26, 2009
Latens
529✦
Exa
⏆356
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
The sound of brawl shook the athlete out of his memory daze. Try and keep the cool next time a girl catches you off guard with a question, won't you? He mused to himself disappointedly.

”Don't worry about it, you could not have known,” he answered with a sigh, ”You're right, such topics are not for today,” Dante finished as his gaze landed on Aelflead being entangled in familiar vines.A chuckle escaped his lips at the absurbdity of the situation, magnified by Deni's joke.

”What's her problem anyway?” He nodded towards the spurii.

[95 / 1047 ]

Keydis Lysistrata

Caeancora
Mar 9, 2019
Terminus
Latens
1,362✦
Exa
⏆100,000
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
5⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
2⌬
Although her head was throbbing from the collision -- Aelflead’s head was almost as hard as her own -- Keydis held up her hands and laughed when the vines sprouted up. After trading punches and head-butts, Keydis figured the two of them were even, so unless Aelflead wanted to mix it up some more, she was satisfied. “Hey, not the whole bar. Only one person lost their seat and, what, two drinks spilled? Grumpy would have done worse if I let her keep dancing!”

The money she had dropped on the bar earlier ought to cover the spilled food and drinks and the man tossed from his seat could just suck it up.

Keydis leaned back against the bar, rubbing her forearm and urging her adrenaline to settle down. The pounding in her chest and forehead didn’t help. She could definitely use more drinks before the night was over. “Maybe we’ll try again when she’s more sober,” Keydis offered mockingly.

[160/2140]

MoonlitRain014

Staff Member
Supporter
Sep 22, 2009
Latens
4,654✦
Exa
⏆16,539
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Aeria laughed in response to what Dante had said. "That is a question we all want to have answered! I'm not sure, but I bet it's messy and complicated. At least our little tree friend there knows how to get things under control."

The spurii looked around before turning her gaze back to Dante. "I am thinking that this party's starting to get a little bit much for me. I might head off soon."

Boldly, Aeria continued, taking a deep breath before she did so. "We should meet here again for a drink in a more...tranquil atmosphere. If you want to get in touch with me, you can find my apartment at the corner of Via Propheta and Via Conexus. Leave a note if I'm not at home!"

Now it was done and the metaphorical ball was in Dante's court.

[1967]

Mystydjinn

[Insert rimshot]
Jul 29, 2013
Flint, MI
Latens
481✦
Exa
⏆359
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Aelflead tried to lunge while the laicar recuperated, but the mons infans' magical vines put up a valiant struggle the drunk spurii.

Many vines snapped immediately after forming, but enough held to drag her away. The combination of "The Pantheon" running through her system and her newly rattling brain had her too dazed to muster the strength to truly fight against her bindings. So instead, she settled for spouting garbled complaints and and nonsensical comebacks to make up for being in time out.

"You mom's fuckin' sobeh!" and "Legoame, I *hic* floo's dity!" She mumbled drunkenly.

Not that it mattered though; the bar's population seemed to be thinning rather quickly around the Kervati Evimerias survivors and other persons of renown.

Apparently bar fights that turned furniture to match wood and sent women flying through the air was a turn off to sane folk.

To clarify, Aelf's pantheon is hitting her too hard to jump up and fight again, so she's just gonna complain on the floor.
Wc: [143/2,275]

Last edited:

Shadowthread

May 26, 2009
Latens
529✦
Exa
⏆356
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
A calm smile returned to the athlete as he listened to Aeria inviting to meet him again later, but he had an idea.

”I'm not busy, I could come with you right now,” he asked as a half joke, almost expecting her to get flustered and deny him to escape the situation.

[ 53 / 1100 ]

MoonlitRain014

Staff Member
Supporter
Sep 22, 2009
Latens
4,654✦
Exa
⏆16,539
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Everything was happening a little too fast for the spurii. Her mind was starting to whirl from all of the cocktails that she'd consumed and it was become extremely difficult for her to think about what it was that Dante was asking. She was trying her best to put a thoughtful distance between them and he seemed determined to push to the next level.

There had to be a compromise somewhere. Aeria didn't want to put him off completely, but she also didn't want to rush. A smile crossed her face as she realized that there was a middle way. "Well I am getting a bit tired of the scene here, but I said I'd stay with Deni and Ignis. Why don't you and I go get something non-booze related to drink? I know a café nearby with good coffee and tea. Shall we go?"

It was a decent path and Aeria was fairly confident that Dante would be alright with where it was going. As it turned out, he actually was. A smile that was somewhat devious, yet still possessed of his calm demeanour crossed his face and he nodded. "Sure. You lead the way!"

[2163]

Last edited:

Valero

Lobster Mobster
Supporter
Jan 5, 2010
Latens
1,046✦
Exa
⏆607
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Deni's blue eyes darted between the two bound women, widening at the flustered Aelflead. He almost expected her to break free, but her drunken state made her look like a child throwing a tantrum inside her green restraints.

He laughed openly at Keydis' comment about rescheduling the fight.

"Please let me know if you do. I'll get an audience together to throw some money down on a few bets. It'll earn you guys some exa too."

The velen unclipped a bag of exa from his belt and placed it on the counter.

"A little extra, Cici," he said with a merry grin. "This place is always a great time."

Turning to the rest of the tavern, he opened his slender arms wide and raised his voice.

"As for the rest of you, the last round's on me!"

As the place burst into jaunty cheers, the pelagian placed one arm around his avian partner and swayed towards the door. His free hand pulled the door open and a chilling breeze whipped at his face. His intoxication seemed to multiply as it hit him.

"Well, I'd say that was a success," he slurred into Ignis' ear.

[194/2,999]

DING DING... That's the last orders bell! Get your last turns in before the end of the week (before Saturday ends).

Last edited:

Dysney

Staff Member
Supporter
Dec 30, 2012
Murica
Latens
985✦
Exa
⏆653
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Ignis relaxed, glad the fight had ended, joining in Deni's laughter. Her giggles, however, had a nervous quality to them.

She crouched at Aelflead's side and patted her face rather sharply. "Hey now, you're too drunk to be getting in fights. You need to sober up. I'll let you go once you've calmed down. If you're nice, I might even let Amicus give you a ride home."

The enlil straightened up just after Deni's proclamation of another round of drinks on the house. She glanced at the velen's money on the counter and wondered if he would be able to make rent after. Resolving to help out with her lover's bills if it became an issue, she piped up, "Do you have anything that will help sober someone up?"

She had just enough time to get a cup of water before Deni led her out of the bar. Behind her, Aelflead floated along with Amicus perched atop her bound form.

"Yeah, you did good, Deni," Ignis assured, "but we need to do something about our friend here." The pale woman glanced down at her rowdy acquaintance.

"Have you made up your mind yet?"

[193/2198]

Mystydjinn

[Insert rimshot]
Jul 29, 2013
Flint, MI
Latens
481✦
Exa
⏆359
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
The drunk spurii didn't respond -coherently- at first. Instead, "Drunk, I'm a tree... Not fuckin' me home," tumbled out of her lips.

It wasn't exactly a, "Yes help me please, I can't see straight," but Aelflead was unlikely to ask for help when she was sober; and if the burgundy coloring her face was any indication, she was in no position to be alone.

Even she seemed to understand this through the alcohol fogging her mind, because after a moment of mumbling into Amicus' bindings she said, "I'll lead- hic* -Exortua district."

The most reasonable thing she'd said since she started drinking.

It still wasn't exactly a yes, but it was close enough.

WC: [112/2,387] FINAL

Ortus = Rising/Origin

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patreon

Writing Week is 502

Discord Chat

Current Date in Araevis