[Plot] TEP: That Highness Over There

• Ready to join Post Terminus?

Click to get started and submit your first character.

Getting Started
Status
Not open for further replies.

swaswj

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2008
Latens
8,028✦
Exa
⏆3,653
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
2⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
4⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Continuation from "The Emperor's Pleasure: Hero Treatment" for Princess Venus, Dante, and Deniisis Perfide. Relevant posts quoted below:

The Geamhess cut gracefully through the sky, wispy clouds parting around the figurehead of Serpens before being drawn toward the humming engines under the protruding wings. Royal and beautiful from the outside, equally immaculate within. The forty-eight guests inside, renowned warriors and heroes from different battles and sponsors, were tended to night and day. The feast of that first night was the largest and most opulent, but none of the guest wanted for wine or spirits, and the tables were always filled with bread and fruit, cold cuts and cheeses, decadent and yet easily preserved. It could easily be mistaken for a pleasure cruise, despite the dire circumstances that had drawn them all together.

The Emperor's two younger children were frequent visitors to the common area; if their older sisters had any complaint, it never came up. Feartu Grace kept to herself, locked away in her own room somewhere else on the large airship; it would be easy to believe she had remained behind in Elata Spiritus. The alluring Venus, however, made sure her presence was known, sauntering through from time to time, always in new and wanton clothing, and always to teasingly slip away not long after. With each visit, the temperature of the room seemed to rise.

After one such visit, a member of the crew -- herself a lovely young velen woman -- approached Deniisis Perfide, respectfully offering a folded paper. The faint scent of perfume rises from the note. Without explanation, the woman smiles and then finds her way over to Dante, offering him a similar card.

Deni stared after the crew woman as she departed the dimly lit room. He shouldn’t have been surprised that half the crew knew where his little hideout was by now. Of all of the honoured guests of the Geamhess, he was one of the least subtle. Despite that, he spent a large portion of his time tucked away in a windowless room near the engineer’s quarters. There, the motion of the ship seemed less prominent due to the steady thrum of the nearby engines.

Truly, Deni hated flying. Ever since an airship ride as a child, his stomach had always disagreed with the less predictable motions of air travel. He had discovered that it was better when he couldn’t see outside, hence the dark room.

Once he was alone, he looked down to the folded paper in his hands. The scent was instantly recognisable. He turned his back to the door and flipped the note open with one thumb. Blue eyes scanned the flowing script, absorbed the content of the letter. A mischievous smirk appeared on the velen’s face once he finished reading, despite the internal conflict that the information in the letter burdened him with. Following the instructions could be dangerous.

He shrugged.

Everything I do is dangerous, he thought to himself and dismissed his concerns. Hopefully, the reward would be worth it in the end.

Deni tucked the note inside his sleeveless black jacket and departed the small room. Down the corridors of the ship he strode, back straight, exuding arrogance as he did on the first day.

There was a familiar sensation when flying even if it was on a airship instead of through the sky like he did in games which brought a smile on the athletes face.

He was surprised to say the least when he was presented with the perfumed letter, though he did not show his emotion. Back in his small room, the athlete played with the thought of just discarding the entire thing, after all it would just distract him from the true purpose as to why he was on board the vessel to begin with. After a while of pondering, Dante opened the letter and viewed its contents, smiled and tore it apart, leaving the pieces on the ground. Taking a deep breath, the athlete stepped out of of his room into the corridor and began to walk towards the main hall.

Now where is she? He thought as he searched with his eyes to catch a glimpse of her.

Princess Venus, third child of the Emperor, fell in step behind Dante, her sharp crystal stilettos clicking on the tiles of the floor.

Her red silk dress had been exchanged for something even more revealing, if possible. Blue this time, the dress seemed to start just under her arm pits and end halfway down her thighs. Anyone looking would wager that it was held more on static cling than any sort of fabric or strap.

"Hello, my sports star." Her voice, thicker than her age would suggest, purred. "I trust you received my letter." *She wrapped her arm around his, pressing herself into his side as she "allowed" him to direct their path. From here, it was easy to tell how soft the dress was. "Lead the way, my darling."

”Your?” the athlete repeated in disbelief.

”Shove it, I am not interested,” Dante ripped his arm away from her and briskly walked away from the princess.

“That’s no way to treat a lady,” echoed Deni’s voice from further down the corridor. He had arrived just in time to hear Dante’s objection. Upon the sight of them both, the proud velen strode towards Princess Venus with his back straight and his head high.

“Are you forgetting who you address? Princess Venus is royalty. You would do well to show a little respect.”

Those blue eyes shifted from from a deliberately hard glare to a soft gaze with astonishing swiftness as they passed over the barely dressed Princess. Deni arched his elbow and offered her his arm, with the intention of allowing her to loop hers through as she had with Dante.

“If I may?”

Princess Venus, at only 16 years old, is uncomfortably aware of her power and position, as well as her sway over men. Having taken an interest in two of the heroes of the Black Portal, she unknowingly sets certain events in motion. The objective here is for Dante and Deni to not only successfully navigate their encounter with the princess in such a way that they don't end up in the Emperor's dungeon (surely an emperor has one, right?), but to pick up on a hidden thread that opens up opportunities in the capitol.

Difficulty: 70
100+ Great Success
70+ Success
< 70 Failure
< 50 Critical

Mission Bonuses (Unique to the Mission)

+/-?? - The Upset: The situation resolved in an unexpected way.
+20 - Counter-Seduced: Venus has the game flipped on her, and becomes smitten with one of the boys.
+20 - Misdirection: Venus is convinced that she has the boys under her spell.
+0 - Nothing Ventured: Nothing Gained.
-20 - Failure in Diplomacy: The Princess takes grave offense at something said or done.
-20 - Summon the White Knight: The guards or another guest intervene to defend the princess' honor.

Standard Bonuses (each available once):

+30 - Page-turner: Wrote at least 3000 words.
+5 - Neophyte: Used a novice- or adept-tier ability.
+10 - Veteran: Used a skilled- or master-tier ability.
+20 - Legend: Used a grandmaster-tier ability.
+10 - Great Feats: Used a feat ability of any tier.
+10 - Magnum Performance: Used a magnum or ultimum ability of any type.

Roleplaying Bonuses (subject to reader scrutiny):

+10 - It's Personal: Your PC has a history with one of the characters, which is touched on or fleshed out here.
+10 - Rogues' Gallery: The antagonists were given distinct personalities.
+10 - Playing the Part: You performed actions iconic to your character.
+10 - Assimilation: The overarching plot has been woven into personal plot.
-10 - Mary Sue and Gary Stu: It's 1000 years too early for you to break a sweat.
-30 - Fade to Black: The thread was not completed in a timely manner. Repercussions for the protagonists may follow.

Last edited:

Princess Venus

Daddy's Favorite
NPC
Aug 15, 2019
Latens
20✦
Exa
⏆1,260
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
“Why of course.” The princess practically purrs, locking her arms with Deni. “A real gentleman I see.” Her fingernails lightly scratch over the scales on the back of the velen man’s hand, slight clicking noises echoing as they move from scale to scale.

“You could learn a thing or two from this man, my star.” She laughs good naturedly, looking back at Dante, “but there may be time for that yet.”

Shadowthread

May 26, 2009
Latens
529✦
Exa
⏆356
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
“As if,” the athlete responds coldly, shrugging his shoulders, “Besides, You have so far displayed nothing that I desire. So go ahead and drag him to wherever you want, I have zero business with you two.”

Valero

Lobster Mobster
Supporter
Jan 5, 2010
Latens
1,046✦
Exa
⏆607
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Deni maintains his smirk as Princess Venus scratches at his arm. Internally though, he sighs. Did the kinner honestly not see a fantastic opportunity when one arose? Gaining the favour of royalty was something that nobles bowed and sweated over for years. For people like them to be given a chance was unheard of.

Well, I’ve fought enough, the velen thinks to himself. It’s about time I got to relax with some wine and a pretty Princess. But just in case something does go wrong…

“Are you sure you want to leave?” Deni asks. His blue eyes caress his royal companion’s face. “The Princess could certainly teach us a thing or two about etiquette, amongst other things.”

[117]

Abbey Rose

Transpositively Euphoric
Jun 18, 2009
Latens
0✦
Exa
⏆18,995
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
“I may have a few secrets of my own that I am willing to divulge for some wonderful heroes!” Venus laughs a little, scooting imperceptibly closer to her new “friend.” “Some of which may be a great help to people who might need to know what the *King* says behind closed doors.” She laughs again. “Not here, though. It wouldn’t do to be blabbing secrets. Guards are notoriously easy to bribe, afterall!”

Shadowthread

May 26, 2009
Latens
529✦
Exa
⏆356
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
“Those 'secrets' of hers are more than likely too costly to begin with, for nothing in this world is free. I am leaving, ” Dante explains, turns around and walks away. Leaving the two velens to plot whatever they may.

Valero

Lobster Mobster
Supporter
Jan 5, 2010
Latens
1,046✦
Exa
⏆607
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
The pale velen's gaze lingers on Dante for just a moment before trailing back to the Princess. The arch of his eyes shows puzzlement on a disappointed expression.

"Forgive his behaviour," Deni says softly. "Some people don't understand how to treat royalty."

With Dante out of the picture, the rogue needed to regain Venus' attention. Disappointment and puzzlement evaporates from his face as his winning smile brings out a content expression.

"Where is it you would like me to accompany you to, my Princess?"

[88/205]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patreon

Writing Week is 502

Discord Chat

Current Date in Araevis