The Basal Lake - Out of the Boiling Pot

• Ready to join Post Terminus?

Click to get started and submit your first character.

Getting Started

Laermont

Mar 11, 2019
Latens
1,366✦
Exa
⏆14,933
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Laermont had been listening carefully, running his eyes over the maps and generally absorbing what Driweus had been saying. His nodding and general engagement showed him to be quite interested. His eye plates had been moving and scanning over the velen, even though his faceplate made it impossible for anyone to read what he might be thinking. The detective took one of the proffered folders of maps, stashing them in one of the pockets of his large leather coat, likely to scan them later.

After ensuring no one else was going to speak, Laermont cleared his throat and stepped forward. “Well, we are not without strategies, that is heartening to me. I would like to volunteer myself for helping to clear the way on the main assault route. I have the advantage of combat experience. My size may also be of use and I am perhaps more invulnerable to attack with my particular physical attributes.”

He let his gaze rest on Driweus. “Ultimately it is your call, Captain. I will rely on your discretion and your orders. I do not have experience fighting naga like you do, so I will defer to you. Regardless, I remain yours to command as you will.”

Settling back into his watchful pose, the massive demvir continued to let his eyeplates sweep over the assembled group, seeming to keep gathering data about those with whom he would be fighting in the coming battle.

[238/415]

May 16, 2019
Latens
125✦
Exa
⏆45,372
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
41⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
17⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
6⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Gwen took the folder of maps from Driweus and pulled her book and pen from the holster on her hip, then crouched on the floor and began arranging them in order, painting glittering symbols on each, each map raising itself off of it's page like a tiny sculpture before it disappeared into the book's pages like water through a straw.

As Gwen worked at this, she spoke, fatigue still working like molasses on her tongue.

"I can do that. I can flap up... An do that. I can... I can fly. I can..." She yawned. "I can climb good. Sis taught me... How to be sneaky..."

By the time Laermont spoke she'd finished enchanting the given pieces into her book and had stood up. Now staring intently at the larger map, while her writing hand worked busily at the pages of her book, adding all of the details from the larger map that the smaller pieces she'd been given had neglected. As she worked, the map became more and more clear, aided by magic it had become a sculpture of the city with depth and made of paper rather than a simple map.

Patreon

Writing Week is 303

Discord Chat

Current Date in Araevis