Vote for Upcoming Plot (Summer 2019)

• Ready to join Post Terminus?

Click to get started and submit your first character.

Getting Started

Which Main Plot Thread to Follow Up On?

• Astra Non Obligant Redux - Uprising in Excelsus

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Orator's Purpose - Civil War in Prenditus

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Anguis Trigon - Ophidian Invasion of Pelagia

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Dark Tidings - Unrest within the Arcanum

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Restructure of Ignominy - Nefastus versus Principium

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • No - Wait until Winter or later for new plot

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

swaswj

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2008
Latens
1,537✦
Exa
⏆19,048
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium
102⌯
Bigatium
54⍨
Auritium
5⍫
Vitatium
15⌭
Caelitium
0⌬
I have all sorts of ideas for big plots, many of them inspired by the writing you guys have done or are doing. Rather than picking one and shoving it down everyone's throats, I thought I might lay everything on the table and let you guys vote. Remember, there's relatively few of us right now, unless we go on a membership drive. Participation is not compulsory so all of the choices, you're free to dive in or spectate.

In all cases, if you think of something you want to pursue in the plot-mission, tying into things with your own plots, you're encouraged to do so! Now here are the ideas in brief. Everybody can vote for their top three, your votes are not public. If we end up with a tie, we can have a secondary vote. This will be for PMs starting in June of this year, so there's no rush.

Astra Non Obligant Redux - Uprising in Excelsus
After the embarrassment suffered in Terminus in 500 P.T., with hundreds of members captured, the magister revealed to be alive, and the apparent leader, Orator, beaten and surrendering, the Astra Non Obligant went underground, taking time to lick its wounds. Headquarters were moved to the Kingdom of Excelsus, a nation steeped in ancient traditions and ancient bigotry, where tensions between the races are high and the feudal lords stubbornly continue to throw logs on the fire. Following the spectacular breakout from the Arx, Orator was expected to return to the ANO but never showed; in his place, the blank-faced demvir, Amgine stands as the figurehead of the reborn Astra Non Obligant, with the infamous Rapax as his right-hand man, his sly sister Mor somewhere in the shadows.​
To separate themselves from the failure in Terminus, the new ANO stages five simultaneous assassinations in a bloody show of force, calling for the dissolution of the monarchy and threatening to burn down the very foundations of the country to claim a seat of power of their own.​
Orator's Purpose - Civil War in Prendere
Inspired by personal writings by Apeiron.
After the historic breakout from the Arx, Orator set his sights southward, driven by a renewed sense of purpose. He parted ways with Rapax and Mor in Excelsus, though: his new goal took him further south, to the Kingdom of Prendere. In 485 P.T., a particularly powerful battlemage attacked the royal family; though Queen Lucida survived the stunningly brutal attack, a great many died, including King Aymeric IV himself, the Princess Katherina, and the young Prince Geoffrey III. Lucida never remarried or bore new heirs, and now the still-grieving woman's health is failing after years of decline. The question of succession has been a growing source of unrest, inciting public debate and even riots, with the country gradually splitting in two between the two most likely successors.​
It is here that Orator reveals himself and reveals his past, backing a new contender to the throne and opposing both of the most prominent factions bickering for the seat.​
Anguis Trigon - Ophidian Invasion of Pelagia
In the Copiae Ocean, the velen Empire of Pelagia fights a never-ending battle against the ophidians of the deeper oceans, Chlorae in the east and Tenebrae in the west. Most of the incursions happen in one of the two seas, Aquilonia or Occidens, but there is also a third route, through underwater caves and tunnels into the Basal Salt Lake that lays between Aridus and Paludis. Together these three incursion points are known as the Dragon's Triangle, Anguis Trigon. For centuries, Pelagia has watched all three and successfully driven off every attack, but then a coordinated attack on all three at once, from three different tribes of ophidians, threatens to break through. They're well-organized, somehow managing to coordinate with each other despite the great distances, and there's no way for the Empire to stand on its own against the relentless attacks.​
A call goes out to those on the land, seeking support of any kind: if the Copiae Ocean is lost to the ophidians, it might spell the end for everyone, corrupting the food supplies and ending all seaborne trade, and giving the amphibious ophidians the perfect foothold for invading the terrestrial nations.​
Dark Tidings - Unrest within the Arcanum
Inspired by K3's musings.
After the attempted assassination of Magister Eximium, the world rejoiced after discovering he had survived, seeing it as a miracle by the benevolent hand of Castus. Since then, the magister has been active, seeking to address some of the unrest that led to the ANO uprising while also building up defenses to ensure that similar attacks would be ended quickly. All seemed well. Vexus, one of the three Prophets, has never looked at the magister the same again, however. Although unable to adequately explain his worries, he seeks validation in many places, even from Orator before his escape. For Vexus it is a crisis of faith, one which is steadily driving him to madness.​
Vexus begins reaching out in secret, hiring people to investigate, to try to suppress his growing unease, while he continues to seek answers in his own way, poring over books and scrolls that were long ago decreed forbidden... by the magister.​
Restructure of Ignominy - Nefastus versus Principium
Inspired by the personal writings of MoonlitRain014
The Lupanar District is one of the best-known secrets in Terminus, a sizable section of the Grand Metropolis which is a small city of its own, a place where guards don't tread and the criminal underground conducts business in the open. Long seen as a necessary evil, a way to keep the worst crime contained to a single area away from the general public, the criminals factions within the Lupanar have grown big and grown cocky. Collectively known as the Nefastus, the organized crime bosses of Lupanar have started spreading beyond the limits of their district. However, although the criminal elements are supposed to be confined, there exists a different breed of outlaw that walks among the highest society in Terminus. Sarcastically dubbed the Principium, these government and industry leaders consider themselves to be founders of Terminus and above the law. Through bribery and misdirection, they've managed to amass wealth, power, and influence without a blemish to their public image.​
Although considered part of the Principium, the TorBru Corporation has lost favor due to recent and frequent run-ins with the law. To take attention off of themselves, the TorBru Corporation secretly supplies Guadriar the Red of the Nefastus with information, which is used to rob the Diamante House, another prominent member of the Principium. A bloody feud between the two classes of criminal soon spills out into the streets of Terminus.​

swaswj

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2008
Latens
1,537✦
Exa
⏆19,048
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium
102⌯
Bigatium
54⍨
Auritium
5⍫
Vitatium
15⌭
Caelitium
0⌬
Is it possible that, even if we don't go with a choice, it might be something we can write about anyways? I like your idea inspired by my writing, but I'm not sure that I should be voting for something based on what I've written.
I don't get what you mean..?

You can vote for whichever one(s) you're interested in. There's no conflict of interest to worry about. And regardless of what you vote/don't vote, anyone is welcome to write in the PMs when they start.

Valero

Lobster Mobster
Supporter
Jan 5, 2010
Latens
26,734✦
Exa
⏆65,252
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium
38⌯
Bigatium
13⍨
Auritium
20⍫
Vitatium
3⌭
Caelitium
0⌬
I'm gonna explain my votes here:

1) Anguis Trigon - This gets my best vote because I want to see more of Pelagia and the Pelagian people fleshed out and I'd be down with that. Also Deni would go absolutely mad over his home under attack.

2) Restructure of Ignominy - This gets my second vote because it's where Deni lives and I imagine him to have had contact with some of the characters involved in this at some point in the past.

3) Wait until Winter - I gave this my third option because on a personal note, I have A LOT of ongoing plots and not a lot of time to write, so I'd quite like to get some of those out the way with or I may have to not get as involved in PMs as I would have hoped.

swaswj

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2008
Latens
1,537✦
Exa
⏆19,048
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium
102⌯
Bigatium
54⍨
Auritium
5⍫
Vitatium
15⌭
Caelitium
0⌬
I just meant that if the storyline based on my writing doesn't get used, can I incorporate some of the ideas into my future writing, Will?
Of course. This is just determining what I'm going to put my focus toward as a GM, but I'm not calling dibs on all these ideas. The ones that aren't chosen could be future PM material or you could incorporate them into your plot.

I actually tried to set up the premise so that it could feature TorBru without necessarily interrupting your plot, since TorBru could just kind of light the fire and get out of the way, just happy not to have their peers breathing down their neck while they handle their own business... or they could take a more hands-on approach, maybe trying to improve their status in the chaos.

Patreon

Writing Week is 245

Discord Chat

Current Date in Araevis