[PM][AH/Open] Week ---: Tick, Tick, BOOM!

• Ready to join Post Terminus?

Click to get started and submit your first character.

Getting Started

tminus31

Jul 20, 2008
Latens
1,000✦
Exa
⏆500
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium
0⌯
Bigatium
0⍨
Auritium
0⍫
Vitatium
0⌭
Caelitium
0⌬
Okie doke, (first?) PM thread for TNK courier hunt thingy, those taking part know who they are, those who want in gimme a shout and I'll work something out...

This starts roughly 47 seconds after Another Brick In The Wall

The doors of TNK’s sports hall burst open and Ewan stepped out into the dusk light. Looking around he saw there were very few people about, those who were seemed to be dithering about in a nonplus manner. He rolled his eyes and, after looking back at Ayako to check if she was following, began strolling across the school grounds towards the front gate.

Once there he stood still and looked around. It was going to be difficult to search such a large area alone. Chances were he’d most likely need as much help as possible. Again.

Oh well then, let’s see if I can get anyone’s attention on me. For a second he tried as much as possible to release emit as much reiatsu as possible to try and get someone’s attention on him. Anyone would be nice. Rad, that sparkly girl, even Zakki or Masato showing up would be an improvement on his current numbers.

After a moment he stopped, that should be enough for now. Anyone close would hopefully come running. His focus instead returned to the matter at hand. There was a man or woman in the northern area of the city carrying a detonator for that thing inside. Find him by nine o’clock the next morning or the building currently behind Ewan would be replaced by a smouldering crater.

"Oh well, I’ll give it five minutes then I might as well get going.”

[238/238]​

Froggu

Prince of the Pond
Nov 26, 2009
Latens
1,000✦
Exa
⏆500
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium
0⌯
Bigatium
0⍨
Auritium
0⍫
Vitatium
0⌭
Caelitium
0⌬
A certain redheaded superhero was meandering through the hallways, an expression that practically screamed "bored to death" scrawled across his freckled face. The place reeked of that weird stuff happening feel, but so far, nothing even kind of spectacular had appeared to make Rad's day a little less dreadful. Blue eyes shifted left and right perpetually, hoping that any moment a monster would pop out of a classroom and ask him to brawl. No such luck, though; everything stayed quiet.

Or did it?

Without warning, a formidable energy signature just appeared on Rad's spiritual radar. But it was familiar, like one he had been exposed to a number of times in the past. Immediately the boy broke out into a sprint, leaving a faint trail of crimson sparks in his wake as he began to pour on the speed. The energy was coming from the front gate -- a bloody typical place, in Rad's opinion, that's where all the fun adventures started -- and so he made that his destination. A moment later he was sliding down his last rail, and out the front door of the school he emerged.

"Hey Mr. Roboto!" he called from across the courtyard, "Long time no see," finished the youth as he bounded up to the duo at the front gate. "And you've brought a lady friend."

[223/223]​

tminus31

Jul 20, 2008
Latens
1,000✦
Exa
⏆500
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium
0⌯
Bigatium
0⍨
Auritium
0⍫
Vitatium
0⌭
Caelitium
0⌬
Letter mentioned is the one from the end of Letters From Nobody and for the record it is just past 7pm IG and we are out by the front gate

“Ah, you’re still here... for some reason, excellent.” Excellent? There’s one word he’d never expected to use when referring to the cheesy American.

“And I thought I told you to stop calling me Roboto,” Ewan muttered, “Anyway, you can probably guess why you’re here. I’ll spare you the details and just show you this.” He pulled the letter from his pocket and passed it to Rad. “That’s the gist of the problem this time.” He sighed and looked away, scanning the area for any other people.

[86/324]​

Thanatyr

Jan 31, 2010
Second star on the right, and straight on till mor
Latens
5,162✦
Exa
⏆2,563
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium
0⌯
Bigatium
0⍨
Auritium
0⍫
Vitatium
0⌭
Caelitium
0⌬
Ayako couldn’t believe it. She was sitting waiting on more students to show up and save the day. The entire ordeal was something only in a Manga some of her students enjoyed rather than what someone could rationally see happening in real life. Without any assistance she was hoping for from the underground the redhead was forced to keep the role of teacher first and foremost in her mind. Her knives were stowed safely away in the backpack she fetched after Ewan had bolted out of the school and done the reiatsu display, when he did so she was half expecting a swarm of hollow to appear and attack the teen.

Spinning her cane in front of herself she sighed. These had to be the best in the school, or they were most certainly doomed from the start. Even the memory of a certain Chinese girl came to mind, the same girl who had all but vanished from the school. Stopping the cane of a brief moment the blind medic asked, “So who else are we waiting on and how are we going to split up the search?”

[188]

WackyMack

Sep 5, 2010
Paradise City
Latens
1,000✦
Exa
⏆500
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium
0⌯
Bigatium
0⍨
Auritium
0⍫
Vitatium
0⌭
Caelitium
0⌬
As the day slowly sank into night, Heru walked through the cool breeze. A gallon of milk in his hand, he was going home after a field trip to a local convenience store to restock on vital supplies. Since being left unsupervised, it wasn’t unusual that that Heru had to make trips to the store to pick up food. His parents left him money but without a car, he had to often walk to his destination, especially since his driver was on vacation. He didn’t mind though, as it was neither too hot nor too cold.

Passing by the high school, he spotted an odd group of teens talking to an adult. Heru was immediately suspicious, as it was already pretty late yet he kept walking until he noticed a familiar face. It was Ewan, the only other kid Heru knew that had powers like him. They weren’t really friends but he felt a kinship to him due to these circumstances. Heru decided to see what was going on so he approached the anxious looking group.

“Hey guys, what’s happening?” he asked them. “And why the long faces? Did the Yomiuri Giants lose or something?”

195/195

Nutella

Homoerotic Subtext
May 27, 2011
Middle Earth
Latens
1,000✦
Exa
⏆500
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium
0⌯
Bigatium
0⍨
Auritium
0⍫
Vitatium
0⌭
Caelitium
0⌬
24+ hours and nada so I assume this'll be the participants ... for now.

What bunch of idiots this Tokyo Nishi Koutougakkou has, A lean man snickered to himself as he eyed the people gathered near the school's gate. He was barely two kilometers away from the vicinity itself, and his pitch black eyes could perfectly see the humans as if they were only a few meters away from him. I wonder how they're planning to do this. A bunch of youngins. What an odd bunch. Are they even serious about this?

There on one of the tallest buildings around the academy perched a man, his keen eyes closely watching over the humans. Garbed with a pair of denim pants and a black shirt, no one suspected the copper-haired man of anything -- and that's the best part of it -- well, save for the pairs of eyes following him because of his unkempt hair. He smirked knowingly and lit up a cigarette. The man had been watching them for a while now -- even before the sun started to wane.

Let it begin.

[ 170 | 170 ]

tminus31

Jul 20, 2008
Latens
1,000✦
Exa
⏆500
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium
0⌯
Bigatium
0⍨
Auritium
0⍫
Vitatium
0⌭
Caelitium
0⌬
"No, the Giants are on a winning streak but that’s not the point. I’ll just give the general gist of things,” Ewan replied, taking the letter back from Rad and pocketing it, "There’s a bomb under the school, guy out there somewhere has the detonator on him and we’re gonna toddle off and look for it.” He sighed and looked at each person in turn.

Four people. Four people to scour the entirety of Northern Tokyo to look for one person with a nifty little device that could cause a hell of a lot of trouble. The Welshman looked at his watch. Quarter past seven. Still less than fourteen hours to go...

"Hmm, we better get moving. I’ll explain more on the way.” Without another word he began walking away, not waiting for any questions.

[135/459]​

WackyMack

Sep 5, 2010
Paradise City
Latens
1,000✦
Exa
⏆500
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium
0⌯
Bigatium
0⍨
Auritium
0⍫
Vitatium
0⌭
Caelitium
0⌬
“A bomb? Seriously? Can’t I have a normal day?” he asked to no one in particular. He sighed, running his hands through his hair. Over the past year, he had ruined so many good suits due to unusual situations and he had a feeling his new Armani would be another unfortunate victim of circumstance.

This bomb threat raised some questions though. Why hadn’t this assortment of people contacted the police? Heru could tell without even looking that they were powerful. Each one emitted dense waves of spirit energy. That meant that this issue was probably a spiritual one, dealing with demons and other supernatural forces. Also, why was the school being targeted? Were the super-powered students the main objective of the terrorists or was there something else? Either way, it was a major problem.

“Jeez,” Heru muttered. “I guess I won’t be bringing this milk home. I shouldn’t let it go to waste though.” Opening the bottle, he took a swig of milk before offering it to the others. “Anyone thirsty?”

171/366

Thanatyr

Jan 31, 2010
Latens
5,162✦
Exa
⏆2,563
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium
0⌯
Bigatium
0⍨
Auritium
0⍫
Vitatium
0⌭
Caelitium
0⌬
For a brief moment the Lieutenant considered blowing her cover, calling in a bomb disposal unit and simply swearing the students that showed up to silence with a threat of Orpheus coming down upon them as the punishment. Or even forcibly recruiting the teenagers into their ranks to make things that much simpler. Instead she had texted the location of the bomb back to HQ and they were moving away and now hoped that their pack of courier hunters was far enough away from the school should they fail. Following suit she said nothing and moved away from the doorway after unfolding her white cane and allowing it to lead her way after her students.

Too much energy was being spent scouring the school. There was no chance that searching for a random person with something that could very well be a cell phone would be more efficient with her pulse. The pure black glasses on her nose were slipping downwards, she nudged them upwards with her middle finger with an annoyed grimace. Just then a thought hit her, she fumbled with her phone in her pocket and resent the previous text to a certain Irishman, and if he was not already indisposed the pervert just might be able to do his magic to the device threatening so much of the city.

[222/410]

Froggu

Prince of the Pond
Nov 26, 2009
Latens
1,000✦
Exa
⏆500
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium
0⌯
Bigatium
0⍨
Auritium
0⍫
Vitatium
0⌭
Caelitium
0⌬
After reading the handy little note given to the students by whatever nut job was prancing around with explosives, Rad handed it to moody-old Mr. Roboto. Before he could say anything -- which may have been a good thing considering it would have been something useless -- a dark-skinned boy carrying a grocery bag appeared out of nowhere. The redhead was about to make a comment on how baseball was far superior to football, but their impromptu leader began skulking away, while his friend (was she blind and texting?) and the other student followed in his wake.

Oh! Not those Giants, the youth managed to piece together in his head, chuckling to himself.

"No thanks, I don't really like milk," the American said. "More importantly though, where the eff are we supposed to find this whatever it is? Are we even sure what it looks like, or at least how big it is?"

[153/376]​

tminus31

Jul 20, 2008
Latens
1,000✦
Exa
⏆500
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium
0⌯
Bigatium
0⍨
Auritium
0⍫
Vitatium
0⌭
Caelitium
0⌬
"Well I’m guessing this thing is fairly small if only one guy is needed to carry it about. And we have a rough idea of where he is. It shouldn’t take more than an hour or so to get to somewhere around that point. After that, I guess we can look about. Who knows, he might even be just like us.” Ewan smiled to himself at that thought. That’d be convenient, then they could just find him the same way anyone located people like them. Then he hit a problem.

There were probably a lot of people like them in this city. Dozens, hundreds, thousands maybe. He sighed quietly.

"Well folks, let’s get on with this shall we?”

[118/577]​

Nutella

Homoerotic Subtext
May 27, 2011
Middle Earth
Latens
1,000✦
Exa
⏆500
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium
0⌯
Bigatium
0⍨
Auritium
0⍫
Vitatium
0⌭
Caelitium
0⌬
Oooh, they're starting to move, a smirk swept across the man's face, amused at how slow things are going. Or perhaps they aren't really convinced that a bomb is really set to explode at nine in the morning? Either way, even if they don't believe, it will happen.

He snatched his phone from his pocket as it rang, and a rather familiar voice came from the other side of the line.

"Everything okay there, Mukaze?" a scruffy voice came in a rather hushed tone.

"Yes, from what I see, they're starting to move. But nowhere near me. Let me check for a while," the copper-haired man pulled a small controller from his other pocket, and pressed a few buttons. Soon, he got a clearer view of the quartet.

"They're still very far. Not too far away from Tokyo Nishi Koutougakkou's vicinity," he spoke back, without consideration that someone might be eavesdropping nearby.

"Good. Just give a sign when they reach you," came the reply from the other end of the line.

"Yeah, yeah. Got that." Without waiting for the other to reply, he cancelled the call and stashed back the phone on his side pocket. He looked straight ahead – beyond the academy, as if he was expecting to see something the the horizon. Smiling to himself, he focused his attention on the quartet.

Damn bird! It's staggering! Perch yourself somewhere and give me a straight view, will you?! the man scowled in anger. He pressed some more buttons and a few moments later, he finally got what he wanted. They were too far for the little maya bird to hear and transmit messages, but it was near enough to give the man an idea of what his pursuers looked like.

[ 290 | 460 ]​

Thanatyr

Jan 31, 2010
Latens
5,162✦
Exa
⏆2,563
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium
0⌯
Bigatium
0⍨
Auritium
0⍫
Vitatium
0⌭
Caelitium
0⌬
Right, guess it was my go. Thought there was going to be someone else responding first, but here we go. Oh, I just assumed Nella's NPCs have rei, hope that's alright.

“This might be easier if we split up, Ewan has my number if you find anything.” Ayako told the students. The Lieutenant let the students wander further down the road before she branched off and waited for the tell tale sigh of breaks and the beep from the crossing signal. Once across the street and with only one person that nearly walked into her, she took a turn into an alleyway.

Certain that her students were further away the redhead called up the numerous strings of reiatsu that permeated the city. She let the mundane ones fall away after a moment of consideration, it only made sense that if who ever made the threat knew they were spiritually awakened in some fashion they would not use a courier that was so easily overpowered. Likewise she ignored the threads of her students that were out and hopefully finding more that she was. Blind as she was she could still see less than half a dozen other potential targets within a kilometer, but at least that was one place to start.

Letting her coat fall off of her shoulder she let the fox tattoo slip down the wall and stand before her in the alley. Sending it towards one reiatsu signature further away seemed the most prudent course. Civilians had no chance of spotting the creature so it could make much better time than she. Ayako was about to move in the direction opposite to Ewan and the others only to realize that the nearest signature was closer to them. To show up near them so soon after splitting off was foolish so she made her way over one street from them, intending to shadow them. The thought made her laugh slightly, How fearsome I am, the blind shadow. Criminals beware!

[299/709]

Nutella

Homoerotic Subtext
May 27, 2011
Middle Earth
Latens
1,000✦
Exa
⏆500
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium
0⌯
Bigatium
0⍨
Auritium
0⍫
Vitatium
0⌭
Caelitium
0⌬

Oh damn, they split up. Tsk, the copper-haired man grunted to himself as he puffed his last and threw the cigarette away, The students seemed harmless enough, but this woman... she seemed different'

His pitch black eyes narrowed as his mind raced on who to follow. Without giving it another thought, he pushed a button on the small remote control and had the little bird follow the woman. After all, if she was confident enough to break away from the group, it only meant that she was confident on her own skills.

Yes, yes, just go on like that, he smirked to himself.

[ 140 | 600 ]​

Thana ~ You might want to shuffle through those souls in a post or two, lawl <33

tminus31

Jul 20, 2008
Latens
1,000✦
Exa
⏆500
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium
0⌯
Bigatium
0⍨
Auritium
0⍫
Vitatium
0⌭
Caelitium
0⌬
Righto, let's get through this quickly. If necessary we might have to just skip ahead to the riddle section and skip courier hunt...

Watching the woman walk away Ewan raised an eyebrow, wondering how one blind woman could possibly find a single person in this huge city. Shaking his head and rolling his eyes, he turned back and ambled around the corner.

Question is, how can I get there in a rush? I’ve no time otherwise. Hmm, I wonder. That jump I did back at Yokoham... I wonder if I could do that again but more... horizontal this time. That’d save a lot of time. Looking at the building to his left, he took in all four floors it possessed. Closing is eyes and gritting his teeth, he took a jumping stance and leapt towards the roof... he hoped.

The smashing of glass indicated he hadn’t exactly gotten that far. Landing in a heap, Ewan remained totally still. No alarm. That was a relief. Getting up he stuck his head through the Ewan-shaped hole in the window. He’d reached the top floor anyway.

“Well come on then, let’s go,” he yelled at those below.

A few minutes later he was up on the roof and making a second leap. This one fared better as he landed on the roof of a building ahead.

Right, north we go.

[204/781]​

WackyMack

Sep 5, 2010
Paradise City
Latens
1,000✦
Exa
⏆500
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium
0⌯
Bigatium
0⍨
Auritium
0⍫
Vitatium
0⌭
Caelitium
0⌬
Heru watched Ewan make the multi-floor leap with ease. Granted, he hadn’t exactly made it to the top but it was impressive nonetheless. He also had watched the teacher walk off down the road in the opposite direction. He was slightly taken back, as for some reason he had thought she was blind. Although she mentioned that they may want to split up, Heru was still too new to the whole crisis. In the end, he knew that he had to stick with one of the more experienced members. Hearing Ewan shouting from above, he decided that was all the invitation he needed.

"Coming!” he shouted to the other student. Jogging over to the face of the large building, he briefly tried to jump as high as Ewan but quickly figured out that super jumps weren’t part of his power set. He lightly tapped the side with his foot and judged it to be strong enough. Using his powers, he easily dug the toe of his shoe into the wall and followed up by sticking his hand into the soft stone side. Making holds for his hands and feet, he scaled the side of the building and climbed up onto the roof. He just made it up to see Ewan jump to another building. Taking a running start, Heru also jumped, softening the ground below him to absorb some of the impact.

"Ugh,” Heru groaned as he belly flopped into the next building. "Maybe I shouldn’t have drunk all that milk.” He quickly picked himself and searched for the other student. "Ewan wait up I’m right behind you.”

268/634

Froggu

Prince of the Pond
Nov 26, 2009
Latens
1,000✦
Exa
⏆500
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium
0⌯
Bigatium
0⍨
Auritium
0⍫
Vitatium
0⌭
Caelitium
0⌬
Everyone was making a fuss about this - even Ewan was more down than usual, and that's saying something - which lead the redheaded teen to believe that whatever they were looking for was super important (it was a bomb, after all). Once the group separated, which really only consisted of the woman (teacher, Rad realized) walking off, it didn't take very much time at all for Ewan to through himself through a nearby building. At first Rad was upset because the sulky teen was doing something totally awesome without him, but then the true purpose of the property damage was revealed.

"Building jumping!" shouted the redhead, sheer elation apparent in his tone. A wave of crimson energy washed over him, ruffling his hair and clothes before fading away in the form of shimmering sparks. With one mighty leap the hero was off, shooting into the air with a big grin slapped onto his face. Unlike Ewan, however, his crash into the window was completely intentional; property damage was one of his favorite things to do. Following the other student's lead Rad hopped from the ledge of his current building, crashing into the top of the next with a heavy crash, cracking the concrete beneath his feet.

"Keep up guys!" he shouted as he moved to another building, still managing to keep his eyes peeled for the target despite cackling madly.

[231/607]​

Thanatyr

Jan 31, 2010
Latens
5,162✦
Exa
⏆2,563
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium
0⌯
Bigatium
0⍨
Auritium
0⍫
Vitatium
0⌭
Caelitium
0⌬
The students were taking the scenic route after all, a path that she couldn’t follow without the bothersome fact that she had no way of spotting where she was jumping to and risked crashing headlong into civilians. That would raise far too many questions and attract unwanted media focus. Further yet their antics had the potential to alert who ever they were hunting for to their whereabouts long before they could even lay eyes upon them.

Her silver fox came upon the first reiatsu signature shortly after she pondered following the students at ground level. This man was a sailor as best she could tell with short hair and the lean muscles and tell tale tattoos of a life at sea, that and the navy issue uniform hung carefully next to the bed on which he sat. The sailor she saw through the vulpine green eyes looked back at her manifestation curiously, but he held nothing strange and didn’t have the look of any antics for the evening. That was likely due in part to the fact that he was in bed next to a woman with blonde hair that was undisturbed by the sudden presence of a creature she could not see.

Guiding the fox still had a slight unnatural feeling yet all of this practice was definitely helping. Pausing briefly she focused on the next signature that was furthest away and sent the fox running through the sailor’s wall towards her next objective before he could react. Perhaps next she would use the fox to trail after Ewan and the others, so she could at least be ready to assist if they needed.

[275/984]

Nutella

Homoerotic Subtext
May 27, 2011
Middle Earth
Latens
1,000✦
Exa
⏆500
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium
0⌯
Bigatium
0⍨
Auritium
0⍫
Vitatium
0⌭
Caelitium
0⌬
With the man's surveillance bird following the woman, it was fairly hard to keep track of the others. In fact, he already lost sight of them.

Soon, the fulvous-haired man picked up his phone and dialed a number.

"What now?" a choppy voice at the other end of the line turned up, although the man could perfectly understand it.

"Yo! They split up. I was able to have something follow the eldest one, but I've lost sight of the three moppets. You might want to use a shenanigan to watch out for yourself," he spoke in a casual tone.

"Well damn. That'll do, I guess," the man at the other side of the line spoke; although his words seemed carefree, his tone had a hint of severity in it -- as if he was prepared to kill this man should he appear before the other. "Send me the data about these moppets."

"Okay," he spoke and took out the remote control. He set the starting time and sent off the image data collected by the maya bird, "And done."

"I'll take care of them, while you... take care of that woman. Unless you want your head off, that is, came a voice from the other line. Without any response from Mukaze, he ended the call. The fulvous-haired man smirked to himself and threw the phone back to his pocket.

Darn. If only the pay wasn't good, I wouldn't bother working with this asshole, he thought to himself as he focused his attention back on the woman.

Damn. He's not known for being such a useless crap, but why did he decide to act up now? the scrawny man thought to himself and gritted his teeth. They couldn't afford to fail -- not now.

His emerald eyes stared at the horizon for any sign of threats, and after coming to a decision that the coast was clear, he placed his left index finger on his forehead and traced a straight line downwards to eye level. Soon after, his eyes turned pitch black. He held his right arm up, and a crow landed on his hands. It stayed there for a moment before it fled off towards Tokyo Nishi Koutougakkou -- the students were there a while ago, and if they were pursuing the right direction, the crow should be able to come across them.

[ 394 | 994 ]​

tminus31

Jul 20, 2008
Latens
1,000✦
Exa
⏆500
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium
0⌯
Bigatium
0⍨
Auritium
0⍫
Vitatium
0⌭
Caelitium
0⌬
Sorry for the fast catch-on but I'd like this done asap...
Landing heavily on a building, Ewan paused and looked around. Poking his head over the side of the roof he saw no one of particular interest and no one who seemed the slightest bit disturbed by the sight of three teenagers bouncing from building to building (and into them in one case).

“Man, this is getting us nowhere. We could bounce from here to Kyoto and still never find the guy. Who even says it’s a guy? This is all madness.” Slamming his head against a pillar he groaned out loud and scanned the area again as he waited for the others. It was then he noticed something odd.

Taking another leap onto the next building then a third leap he became certain of it. As the others landed with him, the Welshman leant against a vent and looked at them.

“Call me crazy,” he said, pointing up, “but has that bird been following us?”

[155/936]​

Patreon

Writing Week is 257

Discord Chat

Current Date in Araevis