GM Review Thread

• Ready to join Post Terminus?

Click to get started and submit your first character.

Getting Started

swaswj

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2008
Latens
8,028✦
Exa
⏆3,653
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
2⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
4⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Denied.

I'll resub this in Release Submission before I take this much of an astronomical neutering. Because with the proposed changes I may as well not even release.

Having fun are we?

GM Reviews aren't negotiable, and I'm not dicking around like this anymore.

Even this version is insanely powerful. The shikai enjoys a potential 150% return on the cost of its final attack. Both versions have ridiculously good damage buffs (10% shikai, 20% bankai) at no upkeep cost, as long as you're dealing or receiving enough damage. The maximum range is utterly absurd and is 3x the range of any other Bankai attack.

From this point forward, all of your submissions come through me, and they're only going to get weaker from here.

K3

The Angry One
Staff member
Supporter
Jun 29, 2008
The Great Pond in the Sky
Latens
997✦
Exa
⏆6,358
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Item - Kiro Shenrai

[ Omoni ] - "To Bear Burden"
[ A-Tier Item ]

[ Item Appearance ]
A pair of simple metal bracers - stained a matte black so as to be hard to distinguish against the surface of a kosode. Upon closer inspection, the crest of the Amaterasu family is visible on the wrists.

[ Item Ability ]
When inactive, the bracers are ordinary, if highly durable, armor capable of deflecting or parrying certain blows with enough skill.

However, by paying 2000 of his reiatsu, the bracers immediately seize to Kiro's arms - locking in place and becoming impossible to remove unless he, or an Amaterasu house member deactivates them. The bracers immediately suppress Kiro's reiatsu to the point of near nothing, his signature appearing as no more than a regular human's.

Consequently, while active he is highly restricted in his ability to utilize reiatsu. Once active, Kiro may only spend reiatsu up to the amount paid into Omoni - and no more. The bracers may be deactivated through a simple phrase - much the same as a zanpakuto.

[ Acquisition ]
After a sparring accident, Kiro's zanpakuto shattered and his soul was damaged permanently, resulting in him constantly exuding a corrosive energy. Due to the circumstances surrounding the event, Amaterasu Nana created Omoni as both gesture to his dedication to the house Amaterasu, and as appeasement for Lucia who sparked the event.

Time Lady Katie

The Lily Girl
Jun 23, 2011
Kalamazoo
Latens
1,000✦
Exa
⏆500
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
As part of my operations as Kidou staff, I am requesting GM review of Kindou.

Kindou [Way of Forbidden Words] Trained Style​A branch of demon magic that so tested the fabric of reality that it was sealed away, forbidden to be taught. The spells that fall under this mantle bend laws that were never meant to be tampered with.
No longer monitored as closely as centuries past, the knowledge of the forbidden spells has been discovered and surreptitiously spread. Only accessible to those of paramount skill in the demon arts, these Kindou require a full round's concentration and a complete incantation to cast.
Training: In order to learn Kindou, it is necessary to find a practitioner who has mastered it. It is a skill that cannot be taught by just anyone, as it involves transcending the natural laws of the universe. To be considered a master, a practitioner must have used all Kindou spells at least once and must have a minimum of 25,000 Kidou; after attaining this, a GM may approve the character as a master.

The reason for this review is the text of the ability does not match the function of the ability as discussed with Will. Primarily, that no other feat, tech, kai or otherwise ability may affect or augment kindou's casting. Will went as far as to say Sayis' unique feat doesn't effect kindou, yet the ability does not state such. I will honestly say there aren't many instances of violation of this at present, but when discussing kindou with someone it was brought to my attention that the wording didn't match my understanding, and it did not match the GM's understanding.

Kindou [Way of Forbidden Words] Trained Style
A branch of demon magic that so tested the fabric of reality that it was sealed away, forbidden to be taught. The spells that fall under this mantle bend laws that were never meant to be tampered with.
No longer monitored as closely as centuries past, the knowledge of the forbidden spells has been discovered and surreptitiously spread. Only accessible to those of paramount skill in the demon arts, these Kindou require a full round's concentration and a complete incantation to cast. No abilities (feats, techs, releases, kidou, or any other form of power) may affect the casting, equipping, or performance of kindou, including but not limited to increasing power, bypassing, reducing slot cost or mimicry of this style.
Training: In order to learn Kindou, it is necessary to find a practitioner who has mastered it. It is a skill that cannot be taught by just anyone, as it involves transcending the natural laws of the universe. To be considered a master, a practitioner must have used all Kindou spells at least once and must have a minimum of 25,000 Kidou; after attaining this, a GM may approve the character as a master.

Several Zombies

Zombie Overlord
Staff member
Apr 18, 2009
www.postterminus.com
Latens
3,850✦
Exa
⏆1,743
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Raph:

Omoni - Approved w/ changes

You can forego the initial payment to lock the gauntlets, since there's no real benefit here other than to suppress your caustic reiatsu. Other than that, the item is fine, if rather tame for an A-Rank. Whatever floats your boat.

Katie:

Kindou changes - Denied

Kindou is strong enough as it is. Removing the vulnerability of the casting pushes the skill so far into "overpowered" territory that it's laughable.

That being said, we recognize that there's some clarification to be done in terms of what does and does not affect Kindou.

The casting of Kidou, no matter which school of spell or how forbidden it may be, can most certainly have its cast interrupted. Kindou is no different. Where Kindou does differ is in the way tertiary abilities affect the spell itself.

Kindou cannot have its incantation or cast time shortened by an outside ability. The casting is the one vulnerability to Kindou.

Abilities that may otherwise effect the efficacy of a spell, either increasing or decreasing its potency or duration after the cast will not affect Kindou. That means that once the incantation is complete and the spell has been cast, it is no longer subject to any outside ability -- from friend or foe -- until it has run its course.

So yes, your interpretation was partially correct. Kindou is largely unaffected by tertiary spells and abilities, but the casting of Kindou is not subject to these same regulations.

Kindou [Way of Forbidden Words]
Trained Style​

A branch of demon magic that so tested the fabric of reality that it was sealed away, forbidden to be taught. The spells that fall under this mantle bend laws that were never meant to be tampered with. No longer monitored as closely as centuries past, the knowledge of the forbidden spells has been discovered and surreptitiously spread. Only accessible to those of paramount skill in the demon arts, these Kindou require a full round's concentration and a complete incantation to cast. No abilities (feats, techs, releases, kidou etc.) may affect the performance of Kindou once it has been cast. Incantations for Kindou cannot be bypassed.

Time Lady Katie

The Lily Girl
Jun 23, 2011
Kalamazoo
Latens
1,000✦
Exa
⏆500
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Katie:

Kindou changes - Denied

Kindou is strong enough as it is. Removing the vulnerability of the casting pushes the skill so far into "overpowered" territory that it's laughable.

That being said, we recognize that there's some clarification to be done in terms of what does and does not affect Kindou.

The casting of Kidou, no matter which school of spell or how forbidden it may be, can most certainly have its cast interrupted. Kindou is no different. Where Kindou does differ is in the way tertiary abilities affect the spell itself.

Kindou cannot have its incantation or cast time shortened by an outside ability. The casting is the one vulnerability to Kindou.

Abilities that may otherwise effect the efficacy of a spell, either increasing or decreasing its potency or duration after the cast will not affect Kindou. That means that once the incantation is complete and the spell has been cast, it is no longer subject to any outside ability -- from friend or foe -- until it has run its course.

So yes, your interpretation was partially correct. Kindou is largely unaffected by tertiary spells and abilities, but the casting of Kindou is not subject to these same regulations.

You misunderstood my interpretations, understandable given the fact that everyone assumes me to be drunk on power or trying to make my character a living god or something. Still, the wild misinterpretation of my request is fine because I got most of what I wanted, however, I resbumit it for GM review specifically to add that Kindou may not benefit from techniques like Izonkonkei, Kenkyouka and so on. I wanted to eliminate the various abilities that could POSITIVELY effect kindou completely and unequivocally.

Several Zombies

Zombie Overlord
Staff member
Apr 18, 2009
www.postterminus.com
Latens
3,850✦
Exa
⏆1,743
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
These types of abilities fall under the outside effects covered by the revised wording and my explanation, so there's nothing to worry about there. I'm aware that several folks (my colleague included >_>) have used these abilities to enhance Kindou.

As of now, that's not allowed.

/GM'd

Time Lady Katie

The Lily Girl
Jun 23, 2011
Kalamazoo
Latens
1,000✦
Exa
⏆500
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Katie:

Kindou changes - Denied

You misunderstood my interpretations, understandable given the fact that everyone assumes me to be drunk on power or trying to make my character a living god or something. Still, the wild misinterpretation of my request is fine because I got most of what I wanted, however, I resbumit it for GM review specifically to add that Kindou may not benefit from techniques like Izonkonkei, Kenkyouka and so on, as well as noting that regardless of ability, no other kidou may be cast in the same round - including extensions, now that I think about it. I wanted to eliminate the various abilities that could POSITIVELY effect kindou completely and unequivocally.

Several Zombies

Zombie Overlord
Staff member
Apr 18, 2009
www.postterminus.com
Latens
3,850✦
Exa
⏆1,743
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
que-cat.gif

Pretty sure I just addressed this exact post on the previous page.​

Last edited by a moderator:

Beaks

Wacky Woohoo Pizza Sadness Man
Feb 16, 2008
Latens
41✦
Exa
⏆0
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Resubmission purchased, this feat will be replacing Shibire Tatchi as a unique as I no longer have the Shi Kai or Ban Kai it applies to. Posting here per discussing where to place it with Kyle.

Feat Name: Lunatic Lock
Feat Type: Unique
Feat Description:

Through encounters with beings of living madness like Prometheus, harboring the souls and grudges of thousands of individuals with the blood of the Templars, and nearly endless misfortunes both in and outside of her military career, Tsubaki has experienced more than her fair share of experiences that could easily lead down the road of insanity.

To put it simply, Lunatic Lock exists to keep that madness at bay.

Lunatic Lock is manifested as a rather long tattoo that starts on the back of the woman’s right hand and trails upwards, ending just beneath her shoulder. An exaggerated depiction of a bomb and two identical fuses stemming from it make up the physical appearance of the technique, and through them the only visible clue that the skill is in use is provided. When Tsubaki is placed in a situation of extreme duress or agitation the ends of the fuses will begin to emit sparks, doing no damage or harm in and of themselves but providing a necessary indication that the countdown has begun. This activation occurs once the criteria of extreme mental stress or anger has been met, and carries a cost of 10% of her Reiatsu.

In situations where the criteria are met but some semblance of hope or control remain at Tsubaki’s disposal the fuses will burn slowly, lasting five to seven rounds before reaching their end. Should the situation be one of a more dire nature (such as a direct mental attack against her person or a feeling of extreme and absolute hopelessness) the fuses burn quickly, reaching activation in three to four rounds. The time of activation cannot be shortened to any less than three rounds, regardless of the situation at hand.

Once this technique activates, the seal is broken and the whole of Tsubaki’s accumulated and previously restrained dementia is brought to bear, making the woman quite literally (albeit temporarily) lose her mind. This is translated in terms of combat in several ways.

Effects said:
-From the time of activation until its end, Tsubaki will feel no pain from any inflicted wound. All attacks that land still damage her as they normally would, but any feeling of injury is ignored. Any and all accumulated pain Tsubaki would have suffered while Lunatic Lock is active will be felt in its full effect once the technique ends.

-Any attacks or skills that require any semblance of focus or restraint remain unusable while Lunatic Lock is active. This includes any learned styles, Kidou of any kind regardless of how it would be cast, and supplementary techniques such as Lunar Petal.

-Additionally, any attacks or techniques that would read or otherwise attempt to predict the woman’s thoughts or actions fail, providing the attacking party with no useable information due to the chaotic and unpredictable nature of Tsubaki’s mind.

The duration of this technique is dependent entirely on how long the woman’s fuse lasts prior to activation. The longer it takes to run out, the less time Lunatic Lock stays active before resealing itself, and vice versa.

Duration Equation said:
10 - Fuse Round Duration = Rounds Lunatic Lock is Active

Once Lunatic Lock has reached the end of its duration, the seal is renewed and the madness is locked away once again. Tsubaki experiences any ill effects she may have been able to ignore while the technique was active, and the fuses cannot spark again until a number of rounds equal to those granted while in Lunatic Lock have passed.

Nargles

Hollywood Meets Bollywood
Staff member
Supporter
Jan 25, 2008
Latens
2✦
Exa
⏆5,276
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Not sure about the wording. I'm going for a stronger version of TNK's Dirty Secret so if you have a better wording feel free

[ Nobody Does It Better ]
Type: Unique
Slot: True Awakening

If deception is considered an art, Caleb Fletcher is Degas. While many others prefer physical and reiatsu cloaks to hide themselves, Caleb instead prefers to hide in plain sight. By spiking his reiatsu gradually, he can eliminate his presence from others minds. While active, he is simply unnoticeable. He could be inches away from someone else and they would fail to recognize him.

Even though his manipulation can be broken, he is still capable of actively hiding his current position. While active, his location is dispersed and is rendered invisible to Reiatsu Nouken and other tracking abilities which cost less. He must pay 2% of his reiatsu per turn to keep it active. If those affected by the technique realize that their minds are being manipulated, the cloak is broken. This ability can be used while Caleb is in Initial or True Awakening.

And replacing Spell Diversity on Lucia:

Daito-ryu: Aikijujutsu - “Great Eastern School - The Technique of Joining Spirit”

“The secret of aiki is to overpower the opponent mentally at a glance and to win without fighting.”

Aikijujutsu stems from the combination of three separate schools. Aiki no jutsu is the “soft” style of fighting: diversion and evasion. Jujutsu is the “hard” school: power and overwhelming strikes. Aikijujutsu is the third, created from the combination of the two, creating the balance of “hard” and “soft” strikes.

A master of Aikijujutsu is an arbitrator on the battlefield, one who grants mercy to those who deserve it and punishment to those who do not. They levy balance onto the battlefield, and in turn through devotion to their own spirit, balance their soul itself. It is in this manner that practitioners simultaneously are viewed as bastions to those allied with them and harbingers to those who are not.

Training: To learn Daito-ryu: Aikijujutsu, it is necessary to find a practitioner who has mastered it. To be considered a master, a practitioner must have used all Daito-ryu: Aikijujutsu techniques at least once and have GM approval. Initial training in Daito-ryu: Aikijujutsu leads to proficiency in the style and the two primary style techniques. After reaching the skill level of an Adept, they can be taught the final technique of Daito-ryu: Aikijujutsu, synergizing all their previous knowledge and gaining the rank of Adept.​

Requirement: 4,000 Hakuda

Practitioners: Lucia Frey (Nargles)
Masters: Lucia Frey (Nargles)

Go no Sen - “To Respond to an Attack”

“The term aiki has been used since ancient times and is not unique to Daito-ryu. The ki in aiki is go no sen, meaning to respond to an attack.

... Daito-ryu is all go no sen—you first evade your opponent's attack and then strike or control him. You attack because an opponent attacks you.”

Go no Sen causes the user to enter a state of immense inner calm. It is in this state, where all distractions have been removed, that they are given the purest ability to react. They are granted an immense spatial awareness in a 10 m radius around them, capable of parsing attacks with unwavering accuracy. They no longer dwell on what is occurring immediately, instead they focus on what will occur next. As the opponent begins to strike, for the briefest moment, it appears to slow creating the briefest window of reaction, one that can only truly be taken advantage of by a practitioner.​

Requirement: Daito-ryu: Aikijujutsu

Katsujinken: Tenchinage - “Life-Giving Sword: Heaven and Earth Throw”

“You block the attack when an opponent approaches; at his second attack you break his sword and spare his life. This is katsujinken.”

Upon recognizing an oncoming strike with Go no Sen, there are two judgments a practitioner of Aikijujutsu can deal. The first is forgiveness, symbolized through Katsujinken. The user grabs the opponent's wrists mid strike. One arm extends upwards, the other downwards, defusing the enemy strength in opposite directions. By stepping forward and pulling towards the lower half, they pull the enemy off-balance. By continuing the momentum, the opponent is thrown downwards, the practitioner remaining standing and directly above them unharmed. Katsujinken: Tenchinage is only capable of responding to physical attacks valued less than 15% of the user’s hakuda and requires a one turn cooldown between uses. The damage dealt by the throw is comparable to a standard physical strike.

Requirement: Daito-ryu: Aikijujutsu

Setsuninken: Kiri Otoshi - “Death-Dealing Sword: Cutting Drop”

“When an opponent strikes at you and your sword pierces his stomach it is Setsuninken”

Upon recognizing an oncoming strike with Go no Sen, there are two judgments a practitioner of Aikijujutsu can deal. The second is censure, symbolized through Setsuninken. A devastating technique, Setsuninken: Kiri Otoshi functions simultaneously as an offensive and defensive maneuver. By grabbing the opponent's wrist mid-strike, they divert the enemy's momentum directly upwards, hyper-extending their arm. They move step towards the attacker, drawing their hand down rapidly to destabilize them, and transfer their force directly into their counter attack. Finally, they loose the stored energy in a violent strike to the chest, forcing them downwards with incredible force, all while remaining untouched.

The entire technique happens in seconds and the sheer force transferred is capable of easily blowing out the opponent’s chest. Setsuninken: Kiri Otoshi can only be used on physical attacks up to 15% of the user’s hakuda in strength. Each use of Setsuninken: Kiri Otoshi costs 5,000 reiatsu and can only be used once per every 8,000 hakuda the user has.​

Requirement: Daito-ryu: Aikijujutsu, 10,000 Hakuda

swaswj

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2008
Latens
8,028✦
Exa
⏆3,653
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
2⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
4⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Lunatic Lock approved as below:

Lunatic Lock Original

Feat Description:

Through encounters with beings of living madness like Prometheus, harboring the souls and grudges of thousands of individuals with the blood of the Templars, and nearly endless misfortunes both in and outside of her military career, Tsubaki has experienced more than her fair share of experiences that could easily lead down the road of insanity.

Lunatic Lock is manifested as a rather long tattoo that starts on the back of the woman’s right hand and trails upwards, ending just beneath her shoulder. An exaggerated depiction of a bomb and two identical fuses stemming from it make up the physical appearance of the technique, and through them the only visible clue that the skill is in use is provided. When Tsubaki is placed in a situation of extreme duress or agitation the ends of the fuses will begin to emit sparks, doing no damage or harm in and of themselves but providing a necessary indication that the countdown has begun. This activation occurs once the criteria of extreme mental stress or anger has been met, and carries a cost of 10% of her Reiatsu.

In situations where the criteria are met but some semblance of hope or control remain at Tsubaki’s disposal the fuses will burn slowly, lasting five to seven rounds before reaching their end. Should the situation be one of a more dire nature (such as a direct mental attack against her person or a feeling of extreme and absolute hopelessness) the fuses burn quickly, reaching activation in three to four rounds. The time of activation cannot be shortened to any less than three rounds, regardless of the situation at hand.

Once this technique activates, the seal is broken and the whole of Tsubaki’s accumulated and previously restrained dementia is brought to bear, making the woman quite literally (albeit temporarily) lose her mind. This is translated in terms of combat in several ways.

-From the time of activation until its end, Tsubaki will feel no pain from any inflicted wound. All attacks that land still damage her as they normally would, but any feeling of injury is ignored. Any and all accumulated pain Tsubaki would have suffered while Lunatic Lock is active will be felt in its full effect once the technique ends.

-Any attacks or skills that require any semblance of focus or restraint remain unusable while Lunatic Lock is active. This includes any learned styles, Kidou of any kind regardless of how it would be cast, and supplementary techniques such as Lunar Petal.

-Additionally, any attacks or techniques that would read or otherwise attempt to predict the woman’s thoughts or actions fail, providing the attacking party with no useable information due to the chaotic and unpredictable nature of Tsubaki’s mind.

The duration of this technique is dependent entirely on how long the woman’s fuse lasts prior to activation. The longer it takes to run out, the less time Lunatic Lock stays active before resealing itself, and vice versa.

10 - Fuse Round Duration = Rounds Lunatic Lock is Active

Once Lunatic Lock has reached the end of its duration, the seal is renewed and the madness is locked away once again. Tsubaki experiences any ill effects she may have been able to ignore while the technique was active, and the fuses cannot spark again until a number of rounds equal to those granted while in Lunatic Lock have passed.
Lunatic Lock revised

Feat Description:

Through encounters with beings of living madness like Prometheus, harboring the souls and grudges of thousands of individuals with the blood of the Templars, and nearly endless misfortunes both in and outside of her military career, Tsubaki has endured more than her fair share of experiences that could easily lead down the road of insanity.

In situations where the criteria are met but some semblance of hope or control remain at Tsubaki’s disposal the fuses will burn slowly, lasting five rounds before reaching their end. Should the situation be one of a more dire nature (such as a direct mental attack against her person or a feeling of extreme and absolute hopelessness) the fuses burn quickly, reaching activation in three rounds. The time of activation cannot be shortened to any less than three rounds, regardless of the situation at hand.

Once this technique activates, the seal is broken and the whole of Tsubaki’s accumulated and previously restrained dementia is brought to bear, making the woman quite literally (albeit temporarily) lose her mind. From the time of activation until its end, Tsubaki will feel no pain from any inflicted wound. All attacks that land still damage her as they normally would, but any feeling of injury is ignored. Any and all accumulated pain Tsubaki would have suffered while Lunatic Lock is active will be felt in its full effect once the technique ends.

Any attacks or skills that require any semblance of focus or restraint remain unusable while Lunatic Lock is active. This includes any learned styles, Kidou of any kind regardless of how it would be cast, and supplementary techniques such as Lunar Petal. In the same vein, any attacks or techniques that would read or otherwise attempt to predict the woman’s thoughts or actions fail, providing the attacking party with no useable information due to the chaotic and unpredictable nature of Tsubaki’s mind.

The technique lasts just as long as its fuse burned.

Instead of 5-7, 3-4, it's a straight 5 or 3. Cleaned up some wording but otherwise this is approved as it was.

Nobody Does it Better approved as below:

NDIB Original

If deception is considered an art, Caleb Fletcher is Degas. While many others prefer physical and reiatsu cloaks to hide themselves, Caleb instead prefers to hide in plain sight. By spiking his reiatsu gradually, he can eliminate his presence from others minds. While active, he is simply unnoticeable. He could be inches away from someone else and they would fail to recognize him.

Even though his manipulation can be broken, he is still capable of actively hiding his current position. While active, his location is dispersed and is rendered invisible to Reiatsu Nouken and other tracking abilities which cost less. He must pay 2% of his reiatsu per turn to keep it active. If those affected by the technique realize that their minds are being manipulated, the cloak is broken. This ability can be used while Caleb is in Initial or True Awakening.
NDIB Revised

While active, all individuals within 50m are unaware of his presence through any senses, including Reiatsu Noukan and tracking abilities. This ability is dependent upon Caleb's concentration and his targets' ignorance. Active use of reiatsu while the cloak is active will break its effect, and if someone is aware of being manipulated, the ability ceases to be effective on that individual for the remainder of the encounter.

I liked this TNK variation of stealth and wish it had actually been used some. Changes: removing rei cost, but also preventing it from allowing freebie support without repercussions. It's a stealth ability, so it will allow Caleb to be unnoticed, but not while fighting. Also added a range. People outside the range can track Caleb, but if they enter that range, they fall under the effects (unless they're already aware/take precautions).

With Daito-Ryu... I was already leery of making Kyu's style too similar to Kyopoku-Ryu, so having a third style remarkably similar is kind of worrisome. But, mechanically, it works. This one is approved as is.

Several Zombies

Zombie Overlord
Staff member
Apr 18, 2009
www.postterminus.com
Latens
3,850✦
Exa
⏆1,743
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
As usual, these tournaments are good for rooting out issues with releases. After my fight with Nelo I noticed a few things that could use some polish on my own awakening, in particular the lack of a defined baseline output for the rifles in TA, and the lack of an option to roll a plain round with Roulette (both variants). Also, the values are a bit too high for my tastes, so I want to drop those down a tad. Changes are bolded below.

Initial Awakening:

[Sanzoku] - デスペラード
Desperado

By directing his post-human powers inward, Masato has obtained the ultimate expression of his Advent awakening in the form of Sanzoku. Upon activation, the gunslinger’s body is wreathed in arcane energy, coalescing around his currently equipped firearm. The weapon becomes an embodiment of Masato’s power, warping and twisting into the shape of a massive and ornately designed revolver that glows with spiritual power.

[Attack: Kikai] - ルーレット
Roulette

Sanzoku’s primary ability is Roulette. While in his awakened state, Masato’s revolver, at the cost of 1% of his reiatsu, can at random generate one round of Orpheus’ varying ammunition types and fire it with each pull of the trigger. This ability is not limited to currently equipped ammunition types. The output of the resulting round is equal to the bullet’s base damage plus the cost paid for Roulette.

[Ability: Sokusha] - ラピッドファイア
Rapid Fire

The power of Masato’s Initial Awakening is somewhat understated when compared to the far flashier previous incarnation of his post-human Awakening. Regardless, Sanzoku is still quite capable of dishing out punishment that meets or exceeds the firepower of its predecessor. Each time Roulette is activated, Masato may store 2% of his reiatsu to gain a stack of Rapid Fire. At any point after activation barring the initial turn, Masato may spend these stacks to utilize Rapid Fire’s primary effect, allowing him to fire a barrage of bullets equal to the amount of reiatsu stored in a single turn. Each shot activates the effect of Roulette, but cannot generate additional stacks of Rapid Fire. A maximum of five stacks may be stored at any given time.

[Resonance Attack: Ryukan Koukei] - でかい口径
Massive Caliber

Upon reaching 25% Resonance, the true destructive power of Masato’s Initial Awakening is unleashed. Massive Caliber, as its namesake suggests, greatly increases the magnitude and power of the gunslinger’s attacks when utilizing Roulette, converting simple bullets into powerful elemental blasts reminiscent of the effects of his power’s former incarnation. Massive Caliber augments a single use of Roulette per turn, and costs Masato 10% of his Reiatsu. Attacks augmented by Massive Caliber are doubled in effective range.

True Awakening:

[Sanzoku - Rikugun no Ichi] -アーミーの一
Desperado: Army of One

The purest expression of Masato’s post-human Awakening, Army of One is activated at 50% Resonance. Throwing his spiritually-imbued firearm into the air, Masato causes countless weapons to rain down from the sky over a thirty meter radius around him -- hundreds of ornately designed repeaters fall onto the battlefield, haphazardly rooting themselves barrel-down over the Awakening’s area of effect. Each rifle holds a single shot of a random ammunition type, and each type is distinguished by a distinct glow from the weapon.

[Ability: Umeru] - リフィル
Reload

Though the initial activation of Army of One leaves Masato with no shortage of weaponry, the ebb and flow of battle sometimes demands more firepower. In such instances, the gunslinger can pay 3% of his reiatsu to reset the area of his Awakening’s effect around himself, summoning additional rifles in the empty spaces, and banishing ones that leave the active area. Weapons summoned by this effect, as on activation, are loaded with a single shot of a random ammunition type.

[Ability: Dagan Soukudo ] - ショットスピード
Bullet Speed

Army of One is an absolute expression of the power of Masato’s soul, and its area is his domain. As long as his True Awakening remains active, the gunslinger may pay 500 reiatsu to quickly blink between any active (unused) weapon summoned by the effect of Army of One in its area of effect. This effect can only be activated once per turn, and the speed of its activation is determined by Masato’s Agility stat.

[Attack: Kikai Danmaku] - ルーレット レンパツ
Roulette Barrage

At the True Awakening level, the destructive powers of Sanzoku are multiplied exponentially, further increasing the efficacy of Massive Caliber in the form of Roulette Barrage. While Army of One is active, each weapon summoned by its effect gains the augmented effect of Massive Caliber, firing powerful elemental blasts as opposed to simple bullets, at the cost of 10% of Masato’s reiatsu. In addition to the increased range, weapons augmented by Roulette Barrage apply the effects of both the Force and Pierce Advent Human Base Techniques passively.

[Overdrive: Samui-chi] - サム-チ
Cold Blood

At the pinnacle of his power, Masato can unleash the ultimate destructive force of Army of One in the form of Cold Blood. Available at 100% Resonance, Cold Blood epitomizes the overwhelming nature of Sanzoku. By paying 40% of his remaining reiatsu, Masato can summon a massively oversized, ornately designed firearm, resembling a gigantic anti-material rifle. After a brief charge, this weapon is capable of firing a massive blast of raw spiritual energy. This blast has a range equal to three times that of Masato’s primary equipped firearm, and is capable of tearing through most any obstacle in its path. Barriers struck by Cold Blood are bypassed, and have half of their total durability deducted from the total output of the attack. Upon firing Cold Blood, Masato’s Resonance is reduced to 0%

Initial Awakening:

[Sanzoku] - デスペラード
Desperado

By directing his post-human powers inward, Masato has obtained the ultimate expression of his Advent awakening in the form of Sanzoku. Upon activation, the gunslinger’s body is wreathed in arcane energy, coalescing around his currently equipped firearm. The weapon becomes an embodiment of Masato’s power, warping and twisting into the shape of a massive and ornately designed revolver that glows with spiritual power. Weapons empowered by Sanzoku retain their original base output and effect.

Roulette

Sanzoku’s primary ability is Roulette. While in his awakened state, Masato’s revolver, at the cost of 1% of his reiatsu, can at random generate one round of Orpheus’ varying ammunition types and fire it with each pull of the trigger. This ability is not limited to currently equipped ammunition types. The output of the resulting round is equal to the bullet’s base damage plus the cost paid for Roulette.

Rounds are generated by rolling a six-sided die. Each ammunition type corresponds to the numbers listed below;
1: Standard Round
2: Pyre Round
3: Cryo Round
4: Tesla Round
5: Lawbringer Round
6: Zanpakutou Core Round

Rapid Fire

The power of Masato’s Initial Awakening is somewhat understated when compared to the far flashier previous incarnation of his post-human Awakening. Regardless, Sanzoku is still quite capable of dishing out punishment that meets or exceeds the firepower of its predecessor. Each time Roulette is activated, Masato may store 2% of his reiatsu to gain a stack of Rapid Fire. At any point after activation barring the initial turn, Masato may spend these stacks to utilize Rapid Fire’s primary effect, allowing him to fire a barrage of bullets equal to the amount of reiatsu stored in a single turn. Each shot activates the effect of Roulette, but cannot generate additional stacks of Rapid Fire. A maximum of five stacks may be stored at any given time. For every 1% stored, Masato can fire one bullet. The output of these bullets is not counted towards the value of attacks using Rapid Fire, but their elemental properties are retained.

Massive Caliber

Upon reaching 25% Resonance, the true destructive power of Masato’s Initial Awakening is unleashed. Massive Caliber, as its namesake suggests, greatly increases the magnitude and power of the gunslinger’s attacks when utilizing Roulette, converting simple bullets into powerful elemental blasts reminiscent of the effects of his power’s former incarnation. Massive Caliber augments a single use of Roulette per turn, and costs Masato 5% of his Reiatsu. Attacks augmented by Massive Caliber are doubled in effective range.

True Awakening:

The purest expression of Masato’s post-human Awakening, Army of One is activated at 50% Resonance. Throwing his spiritually-imbued firearm into the air, Masato causes countless weapons to rain down from the sky over a thirty meter radius around him -- hundreds of ornately designed repeaters fall onto the battlefield, haphazardly rooting themselves barrel-down over the Awakening’s area of effect. Each rifle holds a single shot of a random ammunition type, and each type is distinguished by a distinct glow from the weapon. These weapons have a base output equal to the highest output of Masato's currently equipped firearms.

Reload

Though the initial activation of Army of One leaves Masato with no shortage of weaponry, the ebb and flow of battle sometimes demands more firepower. In such instances, the gunslinger can pay 2% of his reiatsu to reset the area of his Awakening’s effect around himself, summoning additional rifles in the empty spaces, and banishing ones that leave the active area. Weapons summoned by this effect, as on activation, are loaded with a single shot of a random ammunition type.

Bullet Speed

Army of One is an absolute expression of the power of Masato’s soul, and its area is his domain. As long as his True Awakening remains active, the gunslinger may pay 500 reiatsu to quickly blink between any active (unused) weapon summoned by the effect of Army of One in its area of effect. This effect can only be activated once per turn, and the speed of its activation is determined by Masato’s Agility stat.

Roulette Barrage

At the True Awakening level, the destructive powers of Sanzoku are multiplied exponentially, further increasing the efficacy of Massive Caliber in the form of Roulette Barrage. While Army of One is active, each weapon summoned by its effect gains the augmented effect of Massive Caliber, firing powerful elemental blasts as opposed to simple bullets, at the cost of 10% of Masato’s reiatsu. In addition to the increased range, weapons augmented by Roulette Barrage apply the effects of both the Force and Pierce Advent Human Base Techniques passively.

Cold Blood

At the pinnacle of his power, Masato can unleash the ultimate destructive force of Army of One in the form of Cold Blood. Available at 100% Resonance, Cold Blood epitomizes the overwhelming nature of Sanzoku. By paying 40% of his remaining reiatsu, Masato can summon a massively oversized, ornately designed firearm, resembling a gigantic anti-material rifle. After a brief charge, this weapon is capable of firing a massive blast of raw spiritual energy. This blast has a range equal to three times that of Masato’s primary equipped firearm, and is capable of tearing through most any obstacle in its path. Barriers struck by Cold Blood are bypassed, and have half of their total durability deducted from the total output of the attack. Upon firing Cold Blood, Masato’s Resonance is reduced to 0%.

swaswj

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2008
Latens
8,028✦
Exa
⏆3,653
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
2⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
4⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
As usual, these tournaments are good for rooting out issues with releases. After my fight with Nelo I noticed a few things that could use some polish on my own awakening, in particular the lack of a defined baseline output for the rifles in TA, and the lack of an option to roll a plain round with Roulette (both variants). Also, the values are a bit too high for my tastes, so I want to drop those down a tad. Changes are bolded below.

Initial Awakening:

[Sanzoku] - デスペラード
Desperado

By directing his post-human powers inward, Masato has obtained the ultimate expression of his Advent awakening in the form of Sanzoku. Upon activation, the gunslinger’s body is wreathed in arcane energy, coalescing around his currently equipped firearm. The weapon becomes an embodiment of Masato’s power, warping and twisting into the shape of a massive and ornately designed revolver that glows with spiritual power.

Roulette

Rapid Fire

The power of Masato’s Initial Awakening is somewhat understated when compared to the far flashier previous incarnation of his post-human Awakening. Regardless, Sanzoku is still quite capable of dishing out punishment that meets or exceeds the firepower of its predecessor. Each time Roulette is activated, Masato may store 2% of his reiatsu to gain a stack of Rapid Fire. At any point after activation barring the initial turn, Masato may spend these stacks to utilize Rapid Fire’s primary effect, allowing him to fire a barrage of bullets equal to the amount of reiatsu stored in a single turn. Each shot activates the effect of Roulette, but cannot generate additional stacks of Rapid Fire. A maximum of five stacks may be stored at any given time.

Massive Caliber

Upon reaching 25% Resonance, the true destructive power of Masato’s Initial Awakening is unleashed. Massive Caliber, as its namesake suggests, greatly increases the magnitude and power of the gunslinger’s attacks when utilizing Roulette, converting simple bullets into powerful elemental blasts reminiscent of the effects of his power’s former incarnation. Massive Caliber augments a single use of Roulette per turn, and costs Masato 10% of his Reiatsu. Attacks augmented by Massive Caliber are doubled in effective range.

True Awakening:

The purest expression of Masato’s post-human Awakening, Army of One is activated at 50% Resonance. Throwing his spiritually-imbued firearm into the air, Masato causes countless weapons to rain down from the sky over a thirty meter radius around him -- hundreds of ornately designed repeaters fall onto the battlefield, haphazardly rooting themselves barrel-down over the Awakening’s area of effect. Each rifle holds a single shot of a random ammunition type, and each type is distinguished by a distinct glow from the weapon.

Reload

Though the initial activation of Army of One leaves Masato with no shortage of weaponry, the ebb and flow of battle sometimes demands more firepower. In such instances, the gunslinger can pay 3% of his reiatsu to reset the area of his Awakening’s effect around himself, summoning additional rifles in the empty spaces, and banishing ones that leave the active area. Weapons summoned by this effect, as on activation, are loaded with a single shot of a random ammunition type.

Bullet Speed

Roulette Barrage

Cold Blood

At the pinnacle of his power, Masato can unleash the ultimate destructive force of Army of One in the form of Cold Blood. Available at 100% Resonance, Cold Blood epitomizes the overwhelming nature of Sanzoku. By paying 40% of his remaining reiatsu, Masato can summon a massively oversized, ornately designed firearm, resembling a gigantic anti-material rifle. After a brief charge, this weapon is capable of firing a massive blast of raw spiritual energy. This blast has a range equal to three times that of Masato’s primary equipped firearm, and is capable of tearing through most any obstacle in its path. Barriers struck by Cold Blood are bypassed, and have half of their total durability deducted from the total output of the attack. Upon firing Cold Blood, Masato’s Resonance is reduced to 0%

Initial Awakening:

[Sanzoku] - デスペラード
Desperado

By directing his post-human powers inward, Masato has obtained the ultimate expression of his Advent awakening in the form of Sanzoku. Upon activation, the gunslinger’s body is wreathed in arcane energy, coalescing around his currently equipped firearm. The weapon becomes an embodiment of Masato’s power, warping and twisting into the shape of a massive and ornately designed revolver that glows with spiritual power. Weapons empowered by Sanzoku retain their original base output and effect.

Roulette

Rounds are generated by rolling a six-sided die. Each ammunition type corresponds to the numbers listed below;
1: Standard Round
2: Pyre Round
3: Cryo Round
4: Tesla Round
5: Lawbringer Round
6: Zanpakutou Core Round

Rapid Fire

The power of Masato’s Initial Awakening is somewhat understated when compared to the far flashier previous incarnation of his post-human Awakening. Regardless, Sanzoku is still quite capable of dishing out punishment that meets or exceeds the firepower of its predecessor. Each time Roulette is activated, Masato may store 2% of his reiatsu to gain a stack of Rapid Fire. At any point after activation barring the initial turn, Masato may spend these stacks to utilize Rapid Fire’s primary effect, allowing him to fire a barrage of bullets equal to the amount of reiatsu stored in a single turn. Each shot activates the effect of Roulette, but cannot generate additional stacks of Rapid Fire. A maximum of five stacks may be stored at any given time. For every 1% stored, Masato can fire one bullet. The output of these bullets is not counted towards the value of attacks using Rapid Fire, but their elemental properties are retained.

Massive Caliber

Upon reaching 25% Resonance, the true destructive power of Masato’s Initial Awakening is unleashed. Massive Caliber, as its namesake suggests, greatly increases the magnitude and power of the gunslinger’s attacks when utilizing Roulette, converting simple bullets into powerful elemental blasts reminiscent of the effects of his power’s former incarnation. Massive Caliber augments a single use of Roulette per turn, and costs Masato 5% of his Reiatsu. Attacks augmented by Massive Caliber are doubled in effective range.

True Awakening:

The purest expression of Masato’s post-human Awakening, Army of One is activated at 50% Resonance. Throwing his spiritually-imbued firearm into the air, Masato causes countless weapons to rain down from the sky over a thirty meter radius around him -- hundreds of ornately designed repeaters fall onto the battlefield, haphazardly rooting themselves barrel-down over the Awakening’s area of effect. Each rifle holds a single shot of a random ammunition type, and each type is distinguished by a distinct glow from the weapon. These weapons have a base output equal to the highest output of Masato's currently equipped firearms.

Reload

Though the initial activation of Army of One leaves Masato with no shortage of weaponry, the ebb and flow of battle sometimes demands more firepower. In such instances, the gunslinger can pay 2% of his reiatsu to reset the area of his Awakening’s effect around himself, summoning additional rifles in the empty spaces, and banishing ones that leave the active area. Weapons summoned by this effect, as on activation, are loaded with a single shot of a random ammunition type.

Bullet Speed

Roulette Barrage

Cold Blood

At the pinnacle of his power, Masato can unleash the ultimate destructive force of Army of One in the form of Cold Blood. Available at 100% Resonance, Cold Blood epitomizes the overwhelming nature of Sanzoku. By paying 40% of his remaining reiatsu, Masato can summon a massively oversized, ornately designed firearm, resembling a gigantic anti-material rifle. After a brief charge, this weapon is capable of firing a massive blast of raw spiritual energy. This blast has a range equal to three times that of Masato’s primary equipped firearm, and is capable of tearing through most any obstacle in its path. Barriers struck by Cold Blood are bypassed, and have half of their total durability deducted from the total output of the attack. Upon firing Cold Blood, Masato’s Resonance is reduced to 0%.

Changes approved, except your IA Roulette would be a misfire on 1 instead of normal shot.

In TA, you get a normal shot as your 'misfire' equivalent.

Nargles

Staff member
Supporter
Jan 25, 2008
Latens
2✦
Exa
⏆5,276
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
LOL SORRY IN ADVANCE. LOTSA THINGS.

First off: Lucia Feat for Captaincy

[ Nankaina Zencho ] - Esoteric Patronage
Slot: Captaincy
Within the inner-world of Fusei, hundreds of souls are tethered together to create the collective soul that is her zanpaktou spirit. In most cases, a single body hosting so many spirits would cause the host’s body to be incapable of withstanding the effects. However, whether it is due to Lucia’s odd personality or the magic used to bind the souls, somehow Lucia has managed to not only withstand the effects but maintain such a potent control over them that she is able to materialize the spirits in her Bankai.

This near constant connection between the spirits and herself is most evident when casting kidou. The two spirits are capable of acting in near unison, freely passing the arcane energies when casting kidou between them. This allows them to activate kidou that the other has incarnated or bypassed. For example this allows Lucia to fully incant a spell and Fusei can actually cast the spell, at full strength, and vice-versa. When activated in this manner, the spell is considered to be casted by the one who actually activates the spell.

tl;dr - Lucia can incant for summon. Summon can incant for Lucia. The person who fires the spell pays the rei/thresh/considered the source

Next Caleb things:

I'm replacing my TA ability [Dr. No] with this new one. This is because when Van approved the ability we talked about how the cost worked. I was totally thinking of the wrong Orph armory, aka when you had to pay per bullet, so the numbers ended up getting inflated weirdly. The way it was approved as was Caleb would pay 10% but the damage was the bullet damage augmented by the 10% according to van. When I used this in the tourney, well the numbers get ridiculous depending on the gun. I was paying like 2.5K to get like 7K damage from Noblesse.

GoldenEye - 50% Resonance
While most of Caleb’s reiatsu is continuously cycled through him in True Awakening, he can impart a portion of his reiatsu into a weapon he is carrying to dramatically increase it’s efficiency. Specifically, he can greatly augment the base firing range of a weapon, fitting for his long distance playstyle. Passively this augments the range of his weapons, allowing them to gain 5 meters of effective firing range for every 1,000 Combat with a cap of 60 meters additional range at 12,000 Combat. He must pay 1% of his reiatsu to augment the range of his shots.

However, GoldenEye’s true strength comes from its ability to strike undetected and without allowing the target a moment of preparedness. If the target is unaware of Caleb’s visual location when they are struck by an attack, the severity of the wound dealt by the attack is immediately increased by one level; however, major wounds cannot be elevated to fatal.​

Initial Awakening - License to Kill

The secret behind Caleb’s rise initially as an agent of MI5, License to Kill is takes the agent’s already potent ability to read his targets and refines it into an art. When activated, his reiatsu appears to thicken, before shattering around him like hundreds of fragments of glass. What appear to be three targeting reticles, no larger than the size of a fist appear around his body. While not potent offensively, he can freely maneuver them in a thirty meter radius around his body.​

For Your Eyes Only - 0% Resonance

By paying 1% of his reiatsu per turn activated, Caleb refines the sensing capability of his Reiatsu Nouken immensely. He is automatically able of getting detailed positioning information of all targets within the range. All noise is removed when For Your Eyes Only is activated, refining Reiatsu Nouken to the point where he can individually identify reiatsu signatures that he has met before.

He is able of simulating and analysing multiple possible vectors at once, granting him the enhanced capability to tracking their movement and the possible paths they can take. This manifests itself as the ability to recognize high-speed movement techniques as long as he has at least 35% of the target’s movement stat.​

From Russia With Love - 0% Resonance

Passively, From Russia With Love drastically increases Caleb’s baseline accuracy. By manipulating the targeting reticles he is granted the ability to pick apart the target’s body to know exactly where to strike.

After landing a successful hit, Caleb is capable of memorizing the exact trajectory of the bullet that caused its successful strike. By paying 3% of his reiatsu he can lock-onto the previous hit and recreate the optimal trajectory to land the strike. The next bullet he fires, empowered by the reiatsu he paid in, will home-onto his target, following them until they either strike their target or are stopped.​

You Only Live Twice - 25% Resonance

A maneuver emphasising both his superhuman analysis capability and his refined finesse with a weapon, You Only Live Twice is a potent two hit attack. When activated, Caleb singles out a point on his targets body, firing a bullet with devastating accuracy towards the strike. He then instantly repositions himself in a blink of an eye, moving up to twenty meters from his original location before firing a second shot at the exact same location. Empowering the second strike with reiatsu, the damage is amplified on hit.

His body accelerates to a truly staggering speed. His body appears to continuously blur. The blur is not caused due to an internal effect, but rather him moving at such high speed, that the opponent can actually see him returning to his original location slightly offset each time. Physical tracking of his movement would reveal him moving through the battlefield at a hyper speed. This erratic movement makes it extremely difficult to track his movement, requiring the enemy to have at least his agility stat in their primary movement stat to attempt to track it. Each use of You Only Live Twice uses up 5% of Caleb’s reiatsu and can only be used once per turn.​

True Awakening - Live and Let Die

At 50% Resonance, the true potential of Caleb Fletcher’s mind is unlocked. However, compared to other Advent Humans, his True Awakening appears to be rather mundane at first glance. There is no change to his outside appearance from Initial Awakening. The targeting reticles become more complex in design and what appears to be a single holographic screen appears next to him. Instead of being wasted in the environment, his reiatsu is cycled continuously through his body, amplifying his mental capability dramatically.​

A View To A Kill - 50% Resonance

Entering True Awakening amplifies his capability to analyze and extrapolate the environment around him immensely, going even farther than his capability in his Initial Awakening. By paying 1% of his reiatsu per turn activated, Caleb refines the sensing capability of his Reiatsu Nouken immensely. He is automatically able of getting detailed positioning information of all targets within the range. All noise is removed when A View To A Kill is activated, refining Reiatsu Nouken to the point where he can individually identify reiatsu signatures that he has met before. Furthermore, in True Awakening, he is given detailed knowledge of the structures of the area in his Reiatsu Nouken range, a dynamic, accurate mental map.

He is able of simulating and analysing multiple possible vectors at once, granting him the enhanced capability to tracking their movement and the possible paths they can take. This manifests itself as the ability to recognize high-speed movement techniques as long as he has at least 35% of the target’s movement stat. In his True Awakening, he is now capable of also reading his targets attack patterns amplifying his ability to react to their attacks.​

On Her Majesty’s Secret Service - 50% Resonance

Passively, On Her Majesty’s Secret Service drastically increases Caleb’s baseline accuracy. By manipulating the targeting reticles he is granted the ability to pick apart the target’s body to know exactly where to strike.

Caleb’s control over the trajectory of his bullets in True Awakening is astounding. Upon striking a target, he is capable of memorizing the exact location and trajectory of the bullet that struck the location. In True Awakening, regardless of the direction he initially fires his bullet, his following shots will track and home-onto the locked-on bullet for the following round. To activate, Caleb must pay 3% of his reiatsu. He can launch a mix of homing and non-homing bullets if he so chooses. For every 250 reiatsu in the attack he can fire one homing shot and each bullet is individually empowered by the reiatsu cost, split among the number of shots fired.​

Dr. No - 50% Resonance

Amplifying his physical and mental capability simultaneously, Caleb can merge the two together to create a potent offensive force. When activated, he enters a state similar to Break, the world slowing to a standstill. In this brief moment, he is capable of rapidly cycling though weapons and ammo firing each shot in an instant. After this moment, the entirety of the shots he chose to fire are launched at once, appearing to have all occurred instantaneously. Activating Dr. No costs 10% of Caleb’s reiatsu. He can fire a maximum of four shots. The damage of each shot is equal to the regular shot amplified by the reiatsu cost split among them.​

Casino Royale - 100% Resonance

At maximum resonance, Caleb’s reiatsu reaches its pinnacle strength. Due to the continuous cycling of his reiatsu through his body, in Overdrive, he capable of releasing it immediately. His analytical strength wildly scales, allowing to plot of of hundreds of possible vectors of attack. The targeting reticles of his awakening appear in front of him, before multiplying to match the number of targets. A virtual representation of his Reiatsu Nouken range expands around him, enemy targets appearing as red dots.

The reticles appear over their targets, as he locks onto them all simultaneously. By paying 30% of his reiatsu, he can launch a devastating attack, simultaneously firing at all targets at once. The damage of the attack is split between the number of targets he selects. The bullets fired rip through mundane objects with ease and carry the effects of the base tech Pierce. He can choose to augment each shot with a single bullet type of his choice. The range of this ability is his Reiatsu Nouken range.​

FINALLY FOURTH THINGS:
Conjunction is the reword of Multicast
Translocation is replacing Reiki Atemi because it was a random hak tech.

[Chiyudou Conjunction]
A skilled healer must be well-trained in the art of managing multiple tasks at once. The smallest moment of hesitation or mistake can lead to devestating consequences. As such, in order to allow a healer to function at their full potential in combat, Chyiudou Conjugation requires a rigorous training session to master. The training will be centered on not only casting but safely maintaining multiple spells at once. Once the training is complete, the user is capable of casting an additional chiyudou per turn, separate from the cast limits for the turn.​

[Chiyudou Translocation]
In a combat situation, a healer must be able to optimize the selection and channeling of their spells. In order to prevent any wasted time in the channeling of a spell, Chiyudou Translocation is used. When channeling a spell, the healer may elect to refocus the chiyudou energies onto a new target within a 5 meter radius of the user, including themselves without recasting the spell. The number of leftover channeling rounds is the amount of rounds the refocused spell can be channeled for.​

[Chiyudou Mastery]

After an intensive training session with the Captain of the 4th division, healers will learn to better economize their energy when utilizing Chiyudou. Once this is learned, Chiyudou spells will take up half the normal number of kidou slots, giving healers more latitude in healing and in defense.

[Chiyudou]

Since very few shinigami exhibit the ability to heal, they are jealously horded and transferred to the 4th division for training in the ways of healing. Over time, a set of teachable kidou spells has been created in order to teach healers how to focus their power to heal instead of destroy. These specialized spells, Chiyudou (Way of Healing), are taught only to members of the division. Only by training with a seated officer may a new recruit be taught the initial stages of chiyudou usage. This is the first tech that every member of the division will learn.

As the healers of Seireitei, only members of the 4th Division learn how to utilize Chiyudou (way of healing). As such, these are division-only kidou for use in healing matters.

swaswj

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2008
Latens
8,028✦
Exa
⏆3,653
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
2⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
4⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Nankaina Zencho Original

Within the inner-world of Fusei, hundreds of souls are tethered together to create the collective soul that is her zanpaktou spirit. In most cases, a single body hosting so many spirits would cause the host’s body to be incapable of withstanding the effects. However, whether it is due to Lucia’s odd personality or the magic used to bind the souls, somehow Lucia has managed to not only withstand the effects but maintain such a potent control over them that she is able to materialize the spirits in her Bankai.

This near constant connection between the spirits and herself is most evident when casting kidou. The two spirits are capable of acting in near unison, freely passing the arcane energies when casting kidou between them. This allows them to activate kidou that the other has incarnated or bypassed. For example this allows Lucia to fully incant a spell and Fusei can actually cast the spell, at full strength, and vice-versa. When activated in this manner, the spell is considered to be casted by the one who actually activates the spell.
Nankaina Zencho Revised

This near constant connection between the spirits and herself is most evident when casting kidou. The two spirits are capable of acting in near unison, freely passing the arcane energies when casting kidou between them. When either one casts a spell, it can be released by either Lucia or Fusei.

Simplified.

Goldeneye - Approved

Chiyudou Conjunction Original

[Chiyudou Conjunction]

A skilled healer must be well-trained in the art of managing multiple tasks at once. The smallest moment of hesitation or mistake can lead to devestating consequences. As such, in order to allow a healer to function at their full potential in combat, Chyiudou Conjugation requires a rigorous training session to master. The training will be centered on not only casting but safely maintaining multiple spells at once. Once the training is complete, the user is capable of casting an additional chiyudou per turn, separate from the cast limits for the turn.
Chiyudou Conjugation Revised

[Chiyudou Conjugation]

A skilled healer must be well-trained in the art of managing multiple tasks at once. The smallest mistake or moment of hesitation can lead to devastating consequences. As such, in order to allow a healer to function at their full potential in combat, Chiyudou Conjugation requires a rigorous training session to master. The training will be centered on not only casting but safely maintaining multiple spells at once. Once the training is complete, the user is capable of casting one chiyudou per turn, separately from the cast limits for the turn.

[Chiyudou Translocation] - Approved

Revising one of the existing ones:

Chiyudou Mastery Original

[Chiyudou Mastery]

After an intensive training session with the Captain of the 4th division, healers will learn to better economize their energy when utilizing Chiyudou. Once this is learned, Chiyudou spells will take up half the normal number of kidou slots, giving healers more latitude in healing and in defense.
Chiyudou Mastery Revised

[Chiyudou Mastery]

After an intensive training session with the Captain of the 4th division, healers will learn to better economize their energy when utilizing Chiyudou. Once this is learned, the healer will gain one additional kidou slot per 1000 Kidou, usable for Chiyudou only, giving healers more latitude in healing and in defense.

Last edited:

Nargles

Staff member
Supporter
Jan 25, 2008
Latens
2✦
Exa
⏆5,276
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
ONE DAY ILL STOP HAVING THINGS TO SUB. TODAY IS NOT THAT DAY. :Hypnoparrot:

FAs.

EDIT. TOO SLOW. NOW YOU GET FEAT. ;o;

[ Sennenriki ] - “Strength of a Thousand”
Type: Fated Alliance
Users: Haresuno Uchiharu and Lucia Amaterasu-Frey
Throughout their lives, many words have been used to describe Haresuno and Lucia. Some have called them stubborn. Some have called them reckless. However, their seemingly rash decisions are always done with a sole objective in mind: to protect the people they care for. It is because of this that when paired on a battlefield, they become bastions to those they seek to protect. Together they are immovable wall, immune to the outside forces that would seek to topple them.

Activating Sennenriki causes both Haresuno and Lucia to temporarily combine the potent repelling forces they both posses, Gekitai and Fruit of Labor respectively. Their reiatsu expands rapidly through the battlefield, the air becoming heavy and overbearing to their enemies.

When activated Sennenriki punishes those who attempt to forcibly move either of them. Any attempt to push them or displace them will fail and will immediately rebound on the attacker through will alone, violently repelling 30 m in the opposite direction. This ability can only affect attacks worth less than the reiatsu paid in. Lucia or Haresuno can trigger this effect on themselves by trying to move or push the other. To activate Senninriki, Lucia and Haresuno each pay 8% of their reiatsu. The effects persist for the round activated and use up a single use of Fated Alliance.​

[ Force of Infection ]
Type: Fated Alliance
Users: Yin Feng and Lucia Amaterasu-Frey
From an outsiders perspective, Lucia Frey and Yin Feng are like oil and water. It appears that neither trusts the other and each party is merely trying to manipulate the other for their own gain.

In many ways this is true.

However, it is due to this persistent game that each knows the other better than they know themselves. They are so in tune to the others motives and secrets that each is the others closest confidant, whether they’d like them to be or not. It is due to this almost encyclopedic knowledge of the other that Force of Infection was born.

When activated, Lucia and Feng synchronize their souls for the briefest moment. Due to the unique natures of their bankai, for that moment, their summons appear to have near identical reiatsu. The virulent spirit of Ekibyou is capable of ‘infesting’ the amalgamated spirit Fusei. Ekibyou disappears from the battlefield, and with it it’s reiatsu seems to vanish completely. Fusei then becomes the hold, essentially carrying the spirit. Fusei’s body appears diseased, virulent pustules of Ekibyou’s black ichor corrupting the summon.

At any point while infected, Ekibyou can immediately reappear, bursting out of its host. Dealing an area of effect detonation of infectious reiatsu in a 10m radius around Fusei and appearing at it’s location. Fusei is completely unharmed during this period. To activate, Lucia and Feng must each pay 5% of their reiatsu. Each turn that Fusei is infested counts as a use of Fated Alliance.

[ Kachoudo ] - "Audibility"
Type: Trained

In the same realm of those who are gifted in public speech, some people are simply gifted in listening. While listening is a basic sense that most are capable of using without any regard, some are capable of taking the sense and developing it further. Kachoudo was created as a technique originally created for spies to tap into classified conversations; however, it was quickly developed to allow them to forcibly hack into conversations they could not physically hear. Practitioners of Kachoudo are unusually sensitive to changes in reiatsu signatures and have highly developed hearing.

At a base level, they are capable of hacking into electrical communication systems with ease, using their reiatsu to extend the link as needed. However, when developed further, they are capable of detecting other reiatsu based communications around them, both mental and item-based. By paying the cost of the communication ability per turn activated, the practitioner can forcibly hack their way into the conversation, allowing them to use the channel to communicate. Unless the user starts actively speaking, their presence is undetectable. If the original creators of the conversation shut down the communication channel, the hijack is stopped.

The range in which they can detect and hijack conversations is based off their current Reiatsu Nouken range.

Training: Much like the spy training of old, those who are to be taught Kachoudo are selected by existing practitioners. They are usually identified by their already honed senses, taught to expand them further under the supervision of the practitioner. They are initially taught to hack into communication devices such as phones. Once they show proficiency in that, they are taught the basics behind mental communication and how to forcibly interject their thoughts into those conversations.

Practitioners: Caleb Fletcher
Requirement: 3,500 Reiatsu

K3

The Angry One
Staff member
Supporter
Jun 29, 2008
Latens
997✦
Exa
⏆6,358
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Unique Item (B-Tier) for Nenshou Mouko

[ Draugr AUSG ]

In the aftermath of the attack on Earth, the Initiative sought to better equip its more prominent members. Mouko, for her valor in the field, was rewarded with a custom-make Revenant AUG dubbed the "Draugr".

Modified from existing German firearms with stainless steel, and retro-fitted with wooden furniture, the "Armee-Universal-Sturmgewehr" is built in such a way that jamming is unthinkable. The dual firing modes were exchanged for a fixed-bolt, gas-operated action, making it a devastating, mid to long range, semi-automatic carbine.

Effect: An advanced weapon capable of firing Orpheus' spiritually imbued ammunition. Can deal 750 Reiatsu worth of damage per turn. Effective range of fifteen to thirty meters. A small capacitor in the chamber allows Mouko to pay an additional 250 reiatsu per round, maxing at 500 reiatsu. At any point after storing an amount of reiatsu, she may then augment a shot from the Draugr by the amount stored, overcharging the shot and causing it to detonate on impact, dealing damage over a 1m radius. Any elemental properties of the round are maintained over the area of effect.

Several Zombies

Zombie Overlord
Staff member
Apr 18, 2009
www.postterminus.com
Latens
3,850✦
Exa
⏆1,743
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
[Sennenriki] - Approved
I'm expecting epic Lucia-versus-Haresuno Jan-ken-pon matches.

[Force of Infection] - Approved
...though I'll say that simply having Naix-ult-summons doesn't seem particularly amazing when compared to the potency of other Fated Alliance Techniques. I'd be willing to look at some small buffs.

[Kachoudo] - Approved w/ changes
The sensory hijack aspect is fine. That's what you had though up originally, and that's what I was expecting. The electrical hacking thing is not only thematically-odd, but seems rather arbitrary, especially when the main effect has such a vast effective radius and is largely more useful. Lets axe that.

[Dragr AUSG] - Approved

K3

The Angry One
Staff member
Supporter
Jun 29, 2008
Latens
997✦
Exa
⏆6,358
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Draugr is now A-Tier

[ Draugr AUSG ]

In the aftermath of the attack on Earth, the Initiative sought to better equip its more prominent members. Mouko, for her valor in the field, was rewarded with a custom-make Revenant AUG dubbed the "Draugr".

Modified from existing German firearms with stainless steel, and retro-fitted with wooden furniture, the "Armee-Universal-Sturmgewehr" is built in such a way that jamming is unthinkable. The dual firing modes were exchanged for a fixed-bolt, gas-operated action, making it a devastating, mid to long range, semi-automatic carbine.

Effect: An advanced weapon capable of firing Orpheus' spiritually imbued ammunition. Can deal 1000 Reiatsu worth of damage per turn. Effective range of fifteen to thirty meters. A small capacitor in the chamber allows Mouko to pay an additional 250 reiatsu per round, maxing at 1000 reiatsu. At any point after storing an amount of reiatsu, she may then augment a shot from the Draugr by the amount stored, overcharging the shot and causing it to detonate on impact, dealing damage over a 1m radius. Any elemental properties of the round are maintained over the area of effect.

Patreon

Writing Week is 505

Discord Chat

Current Date in Araevis