Reviewed Week 332: A Shield in Name - Feedback

• Ready to join Post Terminus?

Click to get started and submit your first character.

Getting Started
Apr 3, 2020
Latens
2,543✦
Exa
⏆49,649
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Rising of the Shield Hero, LETS GOOOOOO!

What...?

Wrong series?

Well shit...

In all seriousness, the story was intriguing in how I got to see a glimpse of Prenditus, which is good since I don't know much about it or what's been done with it prior. I like Caellum, he seems like an interesting stoic character, which I tend to like. I liked seeing the family element of the character, how he has more ties to the city than a simple "I'm a guard there." This could lead to interesting drama in the future, especially if Perl decides to take his napoleon complex a little too far. I guess we'll have to wait and see on that front though.

It was interesting to see how tied to the Vis his family is, he's probably the most religious character I've read here on PT, which has a nice ring to it in its own way. There are several ways this could also go, and I'm sure you have several ideas for it. Whether it causes drama or not its still nice to see on the site.

I didn't see any grammar or spelling errors that stood out to me, which is good. Those kinds of things tend to ruin immersion for me so it makes it nice to be able to read through a whole piece and not get sucked out of the story by errors while trying to translate what it all meant in reality.

Bob's fantastical grading metric of Dooooooom: 0/10
Tod's ordinary grading metric: 10\10

I'm looking forwards to seeing more, you glorious fucker you.

Patreon

Writing Week is 507

Discord Chat

Current Date in Araevis