Reviewed Week 322: Cut of the Jib - Feedback

• Ready to join Post Terminus?

Click to get started and submit your first character.

Getting Started

swaswj

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2008
Latens
8,028✦
Exa
⏆3,653
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
2⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
4⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Back to adult Amanita, and I appreciate the parallels of her appearance between the two time periods. Seeing the aftermath of Flumen Petram really drives home the reality of what happened there, and highlights the fact that even in a time of 'peace,' there's still a lot to be done.

Amanita has always been interesting in the way she approaches things from a professional, business-like standpoint and yet has no qualms about getting involved personally. It may not mean much, but I'm a fan of consistent characterization, and seeing it expressed in new ways, like rushing out into the ocean to meet a ship running late.

The back and forth between Amanita and the captain was also well-written. I liked seeing them both flex their authority, only for Amanita to actually lose the match and have to compromise. The compromise was simple enough, but I also like that she immediately began looking forward into how later shipments might be impacted.

Good chapter, and thank you for incorporating the new title. I've been very curious to see how and if people would make use of them.

Patreon

Writing Week is 506

Discord Chat

Current Date in Araevis