[R] Volume 90: Shades of Blak and Wyte [PM Chapters]

• Ready to join Post Terminus?

Click to get started and submit your first character.

Getting Started

xero_ghost

Mar 22, 2005
Antinimus
Latens
1,000✦
Exa
⏆500
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Chapter 91: Shirokage

The doors of the 4th division Taishou burst open as the blonde haired bottle of energy barrelled out, his destination almost entirely unknown even to him. Why or where he was running so hard, he didn't know. He wasn't getting that same feeling that he did when he'd forgotten about a date, or when he was running behind. But there was somewhere he had to be, somewhere he was needed. And so his feet carried him as fast as he could move, determined to find out the source of this anxiety.

Southward he went, going faster and faster and faster the longer he ran, no longer caring for the burning in his lungs as he moved. The walls of Seireitei began to blend in one another, a never-ending stream of white that made it easy to lose ones direction if they weren't careful. Time lost meaning as the sheer size of Seireitei came into play; minutes, seconds, hours, his only indicator of how far he'd gone was Senzaikyuu to his right, the massive central area slowly rotating as he made his way around it.

Hoping over one wall, Kyou surveyed his surroundings quickly, getting his bearings with the other landmark buildings that he could possibly see in the distance. He was finally making his way past the 6th division Taishou, which left a rather sizable chunk of the land left to traverse if he his senses were telling him anything. He landed once more in the alleyways, not slowing down a wit as he hit the ground running, he in fact picked up speed again. Definitely why he hated hopping the walls and rooftops, you could only go so fast in the air unless you were constantly using shyunpo. But with your feet on the ground, you were in control of how fast you were going without making yourself a target.

The general alert was coming through his radio now, leaving him torn as to whether to heed the warnings or not. On one hand, he might find himself placed and have to cease what he was doing, on the other he was pulled by simple obligation and duty coupled with the wanting to know what was going on. Focusing less on speed and more on what was being broadcast, Kyou filed the details away so he would know where to go once this was finished, he wanted to go where he was most needed. The Hot-zones were where he loved to throw himself into the mix after-all.

"kkkttt... Multiple insurgent forces reportedly entering Seireitei from the South Gate. There are reports of Eskkkttt-vel arrancar in their ranks, kkkttt bulk of their numbers being rogue shinigami. Approach wi-kkkttt-tion, as there are those who possess strength levels comparable with a captain..."

It went on from there, detailing where some of the Rogue's had gone or where they had last been seen. He wasn't too worried about them, he just needed to be aware of the Espada so that they could be avoided, the rest were small details that fell to the back of his mind until he heard the request for assistance for Kori and her location, then things became clearer.

He heard an affirmative from the nearest team as he pocketed the radio once more, knowing that it would likely have called for a seated officer specifically if it was that large a threat. His sudden change in pace from 'frantic speed-demon' to 'worried brother' is all that kept the dagger from embedding itself in his head as it planted itself into the wall beside him, sending thick spider webs cracking through the polished white stone.

The barest hint of red flowing through the lower cracks, carrying a small touch of Kyou's blood from the cut it had placed on the bridge of his nose. Looking to his left, where the dagger had come from, revealed nothing, as whoever had thrown the accursed weapon had already concealed themselves and their spiritual pressure. They'd likely already moved from the spot they tossed the dagger as well, expecting their target to either already be dead, or charge straight at the spot it had come from.

There are more than one... they wouldn't be using an ambush set-up if they were alone unless they were here that much longer and had the time to set traps. But there can't be that many of them, or they would have simply sprung out on me. So I'm looking at... two... maybe even three enemies. And I can't even find them. The his eyes narrowed as he grit his teeth, a low growl already escaping from his throat. "I hate this hide-and-go-seek bulls***..."

A movement to his right caught his attention at the last moment, revealing nothing but the empty corridor once again, except the sound of something cutting the air. Hopping backwards to his left, Kyou dodged yet another dagger that had been thrown at him, leaving him with his back against the wall as he waited for the trap to be sprung simply because the dagger had been thrown to lead him to where he was now. After all, the first step to defusing a trap is knowing its there in the first place. Right?

No warning this time, no sounds or movements gave away the attack this time, just the warm feel of his own blood as it soaked through the front of his uniform. Looking down at the blade protruding from his side, his blood on the white polished stone accenting the tip of the zanpaku. With almost sickening slowness, the blade was pulled out from him, leaving him to fall to his knees with his back against the wall, breathing already becoming laboured.

His eyes wavered between opening and closing, as if fighting against losing consciousness, allowing him to watch as the three white-shadow's emerged. The first leaping over the wall behind him, the blade still in hand with the tip slick with his blood. No wonder I'd had trouble tracking them, they're completely in white... the black of our garb might as well be a beacon for them for all we stand out...

"If they're all this stupid, I don't see us having any real trouble until we find the captains." They all looked so similar it was impossible to tell who was speaking because of the face masks covering their mouths. And each of them were going to lengths to disguise their voices, leaving them all speaking in a monotone that sounded the same coming from each of them.

"Not that it will matter soon enough..." He could hear the amusement despite the attempted disguise, unable to look into their eyes to see which one it was. "...the Espada will wipe them from the face of the planet before turning this place into a smoking crater..."

"So lets get a move on. I wanna kill some more of these *******s before the Arrancar take all the fun." Kyou's hand fell away from the wound in his side, his wrist falling limply on his thigh. "Let's finish this one off before we go, there's not enough blood..." The hissing sound of the blade leaving its scabbard chimed through the passage, no hurry evident in the movements as he moved towards the downed Shinigami.

He wanted to aim for the shinigami's neck, wanted to make a fountain of blood from the man's decapitated stump. Keeping it from splashing the white of his uniform would be tough, but that didn't change that it was worth it, watching the life-blood exploding from the body so fast that the man barely felt the sting of the blade before it occurred. Taking an wide swing with his right at the man, the manic glee shone in his eyes in anticipation of the killing.

Eager to disappoint them, especially since they'd only garnered the information one would expect from a grunt, Kyou's right hand clasped the hilt of his zanpaku before pulling it straight up, halting the sloppy swing in its tracks. Eyes opening into a glare, Kyou gave a feral smirk to the man as he pushed himself up from the ground with the hilt. "You guys are finished talking so soon? I hope you didn't hurry on my account..." All of his teeth were bared as a manic grin of his own crossed his face. "I'd hate for those to be your last words."

[Word Count] ~ 1,386​

xero_ghost

Mar 22, 2005
Antinimus
Latens
1,000✦
Exa
⏆500
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Chapter 92: Storm Breaker

"How?? You should be on the ground lying in agony!!" The blood on his zanpaku labelled him as the one who'd stabbed him through the wall. Which meant that the psycho and his little crony were the one's throwing the daggers from the safe distance. He'd let em keep talking, he needed another moment discern just how wounded he really was from the cut, and how much it would hamper him. Three on one would be doable on his best day. But wounded... he'd have to say fifty-fifty to be generous.

Not needing to lean on the zanpaku anymore, Kyou touched his side where the blade had stabbed through. "Was a nice cut, almost aimed perfectly considering you were stabbing through stone completely blind. But you mainly caught just the outside of the soft fleshy part. Deep enough to draw the blood and make you think you'd hit a vital spot, but missed by enough that I was in no immediate danger. So I played possum knowing someone would come out..."

He looked frantic at this point, having no lust for battle of his own. It was his way to support from the edge, picking his chances to strike and making them count the first time. Would he have that chance with the enemy now with his presence revealed? Shifting his eyes to his two partners, the calm began to seep through him again. 'Yoshi' and 'Roshi' had enough lust for battle to make up for his lack. Taking a subtle shift back, 'Shiro' kept his posture and awareness on the man, knowing he would move to incapacitate someone quick.

Not waiting to give up the offensive, Yoshi and Roshi moved simultaneously, the pair working their blades together to force Kyou into slipping into a mistake. The both men swung wide, placing Kyou right in the middle of their attack, Yoshi on his right aiming low to catch his leg or force him into the air, Roshi on the left following a breath behind, aiming high to catch the man if he jumped.

Recognizing the tactics right away, Kyou pushed off towards Roshi while falling to his knees, ducking under the blade and placing himself well in Roshi's defensible guard while keeping his sword behind him. With too much momentum already in the strike, Yoshi could do nothing as Kyou redirected the blade to pass over his head to cut into Roshi's side. The man wouldn't be given a chance to yell in pain before Kyou was leaping to his feet, his zanpaku already lined and piercing through his heart as he did so.

One down...

Using his greater mass and physical strength, he crossed his right foot over his left and placed his left hand on the base of his hilt, using the position to push the dying man back towards his ally with enough force that it send him flying off of the blade. Dodging the impromptu projectile was simple enough, but the follow-up stab thrust was only averted by falling backwards and rolling away from the strike.

About to follow the attack and finish the man while he was down, another shrill whistle of cut air sounded in his ears, barely any time to avoid the strike completely. As he landed away from Shiro's attack, another trail of blood began to stream down his left side, the cut slicing itself across the side of his neck. I though I got rid of the two on one already... but this guy's different. I can barely feel him. Is it cuz he's that weak? Or is he that good at hiding his presence... Can't chance it...

Grabbing the sheathe on his hip and holding it against his forearm, Kyou found himself once again on the defensive as Yoshi was again on the attack, his blade from attack to defence as quickly as Kyou could work both the sword and sheathe to do the same. He'd always received strange looks for having a steel sheathe, but here and now he was glad for it. The sheathe was more for a defence against Shiro should he attack a blind-spot again.

Another low swipe had Kyou make the beginnings of a leap, only to stab downwards with Gekidou to plunge the blade into the ground , using the blade as both a springboard and a defence. Kicking the man square across the face, Kyou held the sheathe straight up and swung downward, hitting Yoshi right on the joint of his shoulder, impacting hard it with a loud crack.

The crack and scream covered up the noise of Shiro's attack as he came in on the back, stabbing forward and piercing through Kyou's right arm. His arm involuntarily spasming at the pain, the shinigami's grip on the hilt released itself to send him crashing to the ground. Rolling to the side, Kyou had to momentarily abandon his zanpaku as he defended and dodged their attacks, only the sheathe still in his left hand keeping the blades from finding his flesh once more.

Rolling to his knees, Kyou batted away both attacks in one quick succession before leaping forwards into a roll, grabbing Gekidou on his way as he used the tumble to fully rise to his feet. Covered in blood by this time, Kyou turned the blades over in his grip so they were against his forearms and called out for his blade's true form. "Buchikowasu Gekidou..."

The bladed tonfa's formed by the time the pair was on the attack once more, eagerly pressing the man back and into a defensive stance. When it was becoming clear that Kyou couldn't even make or force an attack, a smirk of superiority came across Yoshi's face, already tasting the victory that had taken too long already. "Whatsa matter? Can't find an opening to attack? Or are you just too worn out to take the offensive..."

Kyou never had a poker face in his life, and even here everything was written across his face. The drain from his wounds, his frustration at being kept on the defensive. And yet despite their constant attacks, the enemies blades never cracked his defences, couldn't find a hole through despite his fatigue. So engrossed in the attack were they, that the spider webs forming throughout their blades failed to get their attention.

Finally able to let off the defence Kyou lashed out hard with a single tonfa, crashing into both enemies blades in the same swing and utterly destroying the pair into tiny fragments. Prompted by the shock on their face, Kyou spoke. "I hate having to play defensively, but the ability works best that way. Gekidou reduces the density of whatever it strikes little by little, until finally the enemies weapons become as brittle as glass..."

The pair of men fell back, away from the him now that they had no weapons. "I wish I could say it's been fun... but I really have places I have to be and you guys have just been an annoyance..." Two quick strokes with the blades gave no chance for them to scream, staining more of the white walls with blood red as the battle came to a close.

Standing in the midst of the bodies, Kyou could feel the blood still flowing from his wounds. He knew very basic first aid, but without bandages it was a moot point. When his eyes passed over the white of the uniforms, a sigh passed his lips as he resealed Gekidou and sliced away strips to use for an impromptu bandage. It would have to do until he found a real first aid kit, since as he looked to the southern horizon, he got the distinct feeling that rest wasn't something that was going to come freely in the passing days.

[Word Count] ~ 1300​

Patreon

Writing Week is 508

Discord Chat

Current Date in Araevis