GM Review Thread

• Ready to join Post Terminus?

Click to get started and submit your first character.

Getting Started

swaswj

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2008
Latens
8,028✦
Exa
⏆3,653
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
2⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
4⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Since submission approval staff will be working on their own, without a GM staring over their shoulder, we do need something in place to make sure we screen for proper reviews. Rather than starting up a fuss in chat, any such situations will be brought here.

The concept is simple: if you disagree with a staff member's decision, you bring it here to get a second opinion from a GM.

If a release/tech/item is approved which you think is overpowered, bring it to our attention here. We'll give it another look to make sure it's balanced.

If a release/tech/item is denied yet you think it is acceptable, post it here. We'll decide whether the staff member's choices were justified.

In a situation where it was a GM that did the original review, you can still request another GM review. However, a second opinion is the final decision. You cannot continue to apply for a third or fourth or fifth. After the second opinion, you must resubmit in order to get another review.

Post here with a link to the review in question and a brief explanation of why you disagree. Do not be afraid of stepping on anyone's toes: we're here to have fun, and part of that is making sure everybody plays fair. Just be professional when explaining why; don't post anything like, "Bob's grass-cutter kai should have been denied because Bob's so stupid he'd probably chop up the dandelions and spread weeds everywhere."

Additional use for GM review:

Occasionally, after a feat/release/item has been approved, a user will notice a small detail they wish to change. Perhaps you want to change the release phrase, or make the blade green, or even adjust the range on an ability to be clearer.

Now, rather than spend a spec point on minor changes like that, you can ask for GM approval to make those changes. We will review it to make sure that it doesn't hugely affect the approved version.

swaswj

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2008
Latens
8,028✦
Exa
⏆3,653
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
2⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
4⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
In response to the discussion in chat:

[xT-02 Caster]
An upgrade developed for Rafa's unique style of battle by the Orpheus weapons extension, APACHE. This beautiful piece of sleek, rune-trimmed gunmetal is fitted onto the barrel of any Orpheus weapon, much like the barrel extension upgrades already gracing the armory. With the xT-02 Caster, any purchased Kidou Scrolls can be fired from the gun by using the same Range numbers as fired Orpheus bullets.

Type: Unique Upgrade
Effect: Ability to fire purchased Kidou Scrolls.
Slots Used: 2

Approved w/ changes- While I understand you are at a big negative with this item, with the double cost of the kidou scroll etc and the loss of your slots on the upgraded weapon (GKOTI and/or C92 Ghoster). I still would not feel at ease to approve an item that would fire off kidou w/o a spell cap. So cap this ability out at the low end (Level 30 Hadou only), so that you cannot apply this upgrade to any higher lvl kidou like 31+ (such as learning the trainable feat/tech that allows you to purchase spells to 50) and we are gewd tew go. I find it too powerful to completely bypass a binding bakudou.

Kidou Scrolls: Local shrines sell these "spells" as good luck. Few people are really so superstitious to believe these work in this day and age, but those with reiatsu have found that they can actually make the spells work by imbuing a little power into the scrolls.

Kidou scrolls are one-time use items that replicate the effects of a one slot spell (Kidou 1-20). A character can carry 5 at a time. The cost of the spell is the same as it would be for a shinigami, but as the incantation is on the scroll with the appropriate rituals involved, the user doesn't need to do anything but pay the cost of the spell in reiatsu.

Each kidou scroll costs the price in reiatsu in yen. So, if a 1000 kidou spell were to be purchased, it would cost 1000 yen.

Q: Any other mechanical notes?
A: A firearm’s power is rated by the power rating of their gun, plus the power rating of the ammo and its governing stat is Combat. The user of the gun only pays the cost of the ammunition, but gets the strength of both. Because of this, guns are very efficient, but they should be weaker than some attacks and things start to suck when you run out of ammo.

Kidou scrolls top out at #30 but can be bought at various different kidou stat ratings. A kidou stat rating is basically paying extra to cast it like a shinigami with a kidou stat of x.

[Blackmarket Shaman]-Trained-
Kidou Scrolls are nothing new to humans. In the right humans' hands these spells offer both offensive and support practicality, but since human bodies aren't fully compatible with the intricacies of demon magic, only low level spells can normally be used without harm. However, through intensive physical and mental training, scrolls containing much more potent kidou can be utilized by an Advent Human. With this feat equipped an Advent Human is allowed to purchase and use Kidou Scrolls 1-50 of both disciplines.

Requirements:
• 3k Resistance
• Training Collab to Learn

~~~

Okay, on to the actual review. There's a number of discrepancies above, so let's clear this all out in one shot.

The Trained Feat stays the same.

Other than the mix-up on numbers, we're going to adopt the Item FAQ's idea of kidou scrolls. Revised version:

Kidou Scrolls: Local shrines sell these "spells" as good luck. Few people are really so superstitious to believe these work in this day and age, but those with reiatsu have found that they can actually make the spells work by imbuing a little power into the scrolls.

Kidou scrolls are one-time use items that replicate the effects of a one-slot spell (Kidou #1-30). The cost of the spell is the same as it would be for a shinigami, but as the incantation is on the scroll with the appropriate rituals involved, the user doesn't need to do anything but pay the cost of the spell in reiatsu and say the spell's name.

A kidou scroll's cost is based on its normal reiatsu cost and the casting strength. Casting strength will be broken up by item tiers, indicated by the colored borders on the scroll. The base, rank D casting stat will be 1000 Kidou.

Purchase Price:

Tier A: (8000 Kidou) Reiatsu cost + 4000 [Red Borders]
Tier B: (4000 Kidou) Reiatsu cost + 2000 [Orange Borders]
Tier C: (2000 Kidou) Reiatsu cost + 1000 [Yellow Borders]
Tier D: (1000 Kidou) Reiatsu cost [Green Borders]

For example, to purchase a scroll of Hadou #30, Big Bang cast at the strength of a 4000 Kidou caster, it would cost 300 + 2000 or 2300 Credits.

So, my final review of Nano's gun:

[xT-02 Caster]
An upgrade developed for Rafa's unique style of battle by the Orpheus weapons extension, APACHE. This beautiful piece of sleek, rune-trimmed gunmetal is fitted onto the barrel of any Orpheus weapon, much like the barrel extension upgrades already gracing the armory. With the xT-02 Caster, any purchased Kidou Scrolls can be fired from the gun by using the same Range numbers as fired Orpheus bullets.

Only one scroll can be loaded at a time, meaning that only one spell may be fired per turn.

Type: Unique Upgrade
Effect: Ability to fire purchased Kidou Scrolls.
Slots Used: 1

With the revised kidou costs and strengths, it should be balanced as-is. Kidou will only cost the normal amount in reiatsu, but to get powerful ones will take a good investment of money. They will also need to be loaded one by one like mortars -- or a more appropriate comparison: like Gene Starwind's Caster Gun.

If you were to take the trained feat, then you would be able to fire two-slot kidou the same as you can currently fire one-slot kidou.

Code of the Noble

Jun 30, 2008
Where you live
Latens
1,000✦
Exa
⏆500
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
After a lengthly discussion with shade and will regarding range vs radius distance on attacks I am submitting my bankai for GM review to remove the distance limiter on my ranged attack, Douki Ryuunyuu.

Bankai

OuritsuTatsujin4.png

Ouritsu no Kaihousha "The Royal Liberator"

Form: Ouritsu no Kaihousha sprouts five oversized blue ribbons from the base of the sword, measuring five feet wide and up to twenty feet long. These ribbons are as strong as Zanpakutou; the edges can be used for cutting and the width of the ribbons can be used for blunter effects. The ribbons can also coil and recoil at Senesati's command.

Ability: [Shuudanteki Boukou] - "Collective Outrage"

Wounds of any sort that Senesati inflicts on enemies, aside from those caused by ribbon effects, will automatically sprout ribbons identical to their Shikai counterparts. Additionally, Senesati can now fire Kidou numbered 1-90 through the ribbon.

Attack: [Douki Sokudo] - "Synchronized Velocity"

Senesati can charge his blade with with 10% of his Reiatsu before slashing a target, adding that amount of energy to the strike as slashing damage.

Attack: [Douki Ryuunyuu]- "Synchronized Influx"

By concentrating 5% of his Reiatsu into his blade, Senesati can fire a crescent-shaped wave of energy roughly twenty feet long from tip to tip. This wave has a range of thirty feet.

Attack: [Reijun]- "Spiritual Encirclement"

Senesati can tie two existing ribbons together into one. He then pays double the cost of the attack, he can strike two targets with the same blow.

swaswj

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2008
Latens
8,028✦
Exa
⏆3,653
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
2⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
4⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
For a distance attack, thirty feet seems rather underwhelming. You can remove the range restriction.

For the record of those reading, this does not mean that the attack has unlimited range. However, it is considered to have range that goes at least as far as most battles can expect to.

Nargles

Hollywood Meets Bollywood
Staff member
Supporter
Jan 25, 2008
Latens
2✦
Exa
⏆5,276
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Well, this isn't really a disagreement or anything. I posted two common feats, and obviously I can't approve them since I subbed them. So I was wondering if a GM could review them. My reasoning for submitting these is that of the 9 or so common feats, 4-5 are shini/vizard/quincy only. So, I thought a few AH feats would even things out slightly.

[Bastion]
Compared to other races, an Advent Human’s reiatsu is much more flexible than most; thus, they can easily mold it to dampen certain attacks. An Advent can choose to sum the damage reduction he or she gets from the Unshakable tech to focus on one source of damage, energy or physical.

However, this leaves them more susceptible to the other form of attack, therefore damage is increased by the sum. This effect can lasts up to 5 turns, and cannot be canceled during those turns.​
Requirements: 3000 Resistance

[Adept]
While some characters focus on combat, defense or agility, some focus on the wielding of various items. Any character equipped with this feat increase the damage done by their items by 5%.​

swaswj

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2008
Latens
8,028✦
Exa
⏆3,653
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
2⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
4⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Both of these seem fine by me. Approved. If I have the powa to do this...

If I'm not available, then you or Vera or Dippy can step in for this. I'd rather take a look at most of these myself, though.

When referring to existing techs in a submission, it's helpful to link or quote the tech.

Unshakable
Advent Humans are far more vulnerable than their spiritual counterparts as their powers are tied inextricably to their corporeal forms. Fortunately, as an Advent Human’s Reiatsu grows, so does his ability to protect his physical form, using his supernatural powers to allow his body to weather attacks that would kill a normal human and at higher levels, recover from mortal blows far faster than any normal being.

These effects are directly proportional to an Advent Human’s Resistance stat.

1000 resistance – 1% physical damage reduction

2000 resistance – 2% physical damage reduction

3000 resistance – 3% physical damage reduction, 1% energy damage reduction

4000 resistance – 4% physical damage reduction, 1% energy damage reduction

5000 resistance – 5% physical damage reduction, 2% energy damage reduction, fast healing (2x)

6000 resistance – 6% physical damage reduction, 2% energy damage reduction, fast healing (2x)

7000 resistance – 7% physical damage reduction, 3% energy damage reduction, fast healing (2.5x), 1% rei/round recovery

8000 resistance – 8% physical damage reduction, 3% energy damage reduction, fast healing (2.5x), 1% rei/round recovery

9000 resistance – 9% physical damage reduction, 4% energy damage reduction, fast healing (3x), 2% rei/round recovery

10000 resistance – 10% physical damage reduction, 5% energy damage reduction, fast healing (5x), 3% rei/round recovery

I would make the following changes:

[Bastion]
Compared to other races, an Advent Human’s reiatsu is much more flexible than most; thus, they can easily mold it to dampen certain attacks. An Advent can choose to sum the damage reduction he or she gets from the Unshakable tech to focus on one source of damage, energy or physical. However, this leaves them vulnerable to the other form of attack, increasing damage by the sum. The human must pay 5% reiatsu to activate Bastion, and its effects will last for three turns.​
Requirements: 3000 Resistance
An activated cost, and a shortened duration (5 rounds would be more harmful than beneficial if the opponent has any sense about them).

For the other:

[Adept]
While some characters focus on combat, defense or agility, some focus on the wielding of various items. Any character equipped with this feat increase the effectiveness of their general items by 5%. Unique items remain unaffected.
This way it doesn't just apply to damage.

Rob

Pew Pew Pew
Apr 1, 2009
Latens
10,403✦
Exa
⏆3,510
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Okay, so this isn't exactly for a feat or an item, or a kai even.
This is for my shikai release phrase which I'm not all to happy with.

My current release phrase is: Sae Kagayaku, and relates to: Shine Brightly.

This, however, has nothing to do with either my kai or my zan's theme.
As well as the fact that the idea I have for my bankai makes it hard to come up with a good name for it with Sae Kagayaku as release phrase for shikai.

I've been thinking, and mostly talking with Sene, and we came up with: Bakuzen (to obscure)
The release phrase would be as followed: "Bakuzen, Kagennotsuki!" (Obscure, Waning Moon!)

This works 1) better with my kai, 2) it makes more sense, and 3) it is a better set up for my bankai.

swaswj

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2008
Latens
8,028✦
Exa
⏆3,653
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
2⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
4⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Okay, so this isn't exactly for a feat or an item, or a kai even.
This is for my shikai release phrase which I'm not all to happy with.

My current release phrase is: Sae Kagayaku, and relates to: Shine Brightly.

This, however, has nothing to do with either my kai or my zan's theme.
As well as the fact that the idea I have for my bankai makes it hard to come up with a good name for it with Sae Kagayaku as release phrase for shikai.

I've been thinking, and mostly talking with Sene, and we came up with: Bakuzen (to obscure)
The release phrase would be as followed: "Bakuzen, Kagennotsuki!" (Obscure, Waning Moon!)

This works 1) better with my kai, 2) it makes more sense, and 3) it is a better set up for my bankai.

*thumbs up*

Sounds fine to me.

Kago

Jul 29, 2008
Latens
7,296✦
Exa
⏆2,759
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Since it has been established that vizard and shinigami power's are two difference sources (of course this happens after I submitted my kai back in the day), I wanted to make a few changes to my shikai and bankai pertaining to that and the sealing effects.

Here's the original with the proposed changes underneath each section:

Shikai:

Name:
Hishou Masurao

Release Command:

Show them the righteous path, Hishou Masurao!

Form:

After speaking the release command, Kago’s zanpakutou glows an emerald color and transforms into the form of a jian. The hilt of zanpakutou is emerald while the guard is midnight black. The length of the blade is just slightly shorter than the normal length of a jian for quicker strikes and more agile movements.

Ability: Tojikomemasu (Sealing/Lockdown)

The moment that his released blade makes contact with an opponent’s shikai, Kago can expend 5% of his opponent’s connection to revert the zanpakutou back to its unreleased state. This effect only lasts for 3 rounds and cannot be used against an adversary’s bankai form. Additionally, if the shikai has no tangible form, the same effect may be applied by striking the opponent’s body.

Seeing that this ability is based on the connection a shinigami has with his/her zanpakutou, this ability can also be used against vizards by following the same rules. The only difference, however, is that if the vizard is masked, Tojikomemasu is rendered ineffective. In addition, any vizard can bypass the 3 round limitation by calling upon his mask and then releasing his shikai form.

The moment that his released blade makes contact with an opponent’s shikai, Kago can expend 5% of his opponent’s connection to revert the zanpakutou back to its unreleased state. This effect only lasts for 3 rounds and cannot be used against an adversary’s bankai form. Additionally, if the shikai has no tangible form, the same effect may be applied by striking the opponent’s body.

Seeing that this ability is based on the connection a shinigami has with his/her zanpakutou, this ability can also be used against vizards by following the same rules. In addition, any vizard can still call his mask out and receive his reiatsu boost from his hollow abilities; however, he would not have access to his kai and shinigami reiatsu boost until the end of the 3 round limitation.

Bankai

Name:
Kakuchou Hishou Masurao

Form:

Upon lifting his jian horizontally in front of him and speaking the word “Bankai,” an emerald glow emanating from the jian spirals around Kago and engulfs him in a sphere of light. After a few brief moments, the sphere breaks down into solid beams swirling around him before they return to the blade, one by one.

After the brightness begins to fade and the dust settles, Kago can be seen still standing in his original position, holding a new zanpakutou. The blade has extended in length and broadened in width. In addition, the guard lengthens outward and sweeps forward, running parallel to the blade.

The zanpakutou is not the only new item. Kago’s entire shinigami uniform has been replaced by the military attire of ancient China (the attire of his zanpakutou spirit’s human form).

Ability:

Kyuukyoku Tojikomemasu (Final Sealing/Lockdown)

The moment that his released blade makes contact with an opponent’s shikai or bankai, Kago can expend reiatsu equivalent to 5% of his opponent’s connection to revert their shikai back to its unreleased state or revert their bankai back to its shikai form. This effect only lasts for 6 rounds for an opponent's shikai form and 3 rounds for an opponent’s bankai form. In addition, if the kai has no tangible form, the same effect may be applied by striking the opponent’s body.

Seeing that this ability is based on the connection a shinigami has with his/her zanpakutou, this ability can also be used against vizards by following the same rules. The only difference, however, is that if the vizard is masked, Kyuukyoku Tojikomemasu is rendered ineffective. In addition, any vizard can bypass the round limitation by calling upon his mask and then releasing his kai form.

The moment that his released blade makes contact with an opponent’s shikai or bankai, Kago can expend reiatsu equivalent to 5% of his opponent’s connection to revert their shikai back to its unreleased state or 8% to revert their bankai back to its unreleased state. This effect only lasts for 6 rounds for an opponent's shikai form and 3 rounds for an opponent’s bankai form. In addition, if the kai has no tangible form, the same effect may be applied by striking the opponent’s body.

Seeing that this ability is based on the connection a shinigami has with his/her zanpakutou, this ability can also be used against vizards by following the same rules. In addition, any vizard can still call his mask out and receive his reiatsu boost from his hollow abilities; however, he would not have access to his kai and shinigami reiatsu boost until the end of the 3 round limitation.

swaswj

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2008
Latens
8,028✦
Exa
⏆3,653
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
2⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
4⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Since it has been established that vizard and shinigami power's are two difference sources (of course this happens after I submitted my kai back in the day), I wanted to make a few changes to my shikai and bankai pertaining to that and the sealing effects.

Here's the original with the proposed changes underneath each section:

Shikai:

Name:
Hishou Masurao

Release Command:

Show them the righteous path, Hishou Masurao!

Form:

After speaking the release command, Kago’s zanpakutou glows an emerald color and transforms into the form of a jian. The hilt of zanpakutou is emerald while the guard is midnight black. The length of the blade is just slightly shorter than the normal length of a jian for quicker strikes and more agile movements.

Ability: Tojikomemasu (Sealing/Lockdown)

Seeing that this ability is based on the connection a shinigami has with his/her zanpakutou, this ability can also be used against vizards by following the same rules. The only difference, however, is that if the vizard is masked, Tojikomemasu is rendered ineffective. In addition, any vizard can bypass the 3 round limitation by calling upon his mask and then releasing his shikai form.

Bankai

Name:
Kakuchou Hishou Masurao

Form:

Upon lifting his jian horizontally in front of him and speaking the word "Bankai,” an emerald glow emanating from the jian spirals around Kago and engulfs him in a sphere of light. After a few brief moments, the sphere breaks down into solid beams swirling around him before they return to the blade, one by one.

After the brightness begins to fade and the dust settles, Kago can be seen still standing in his original position, holding a new zanpakutou. The blade has extended in length and broadened in width. In addition, the guard lengthens outward and sweeps forward, running parallel to the blade.

The zanpakutou is not the only new item. Kago’s entire shinigami uniform has been replaced by the military attire of ancient China (the attire of his zanpakutou spirit’s human form).

Ability:

Kyuukyoku Tojikomemasu (Final Sealing/Lockdown)

The moment that his released blade makes contact with an opponent’s shikai or bankai, Kago can expend reiatsu equivalent to 5% of his opponent’s connection to revert their shikai back to its unreleased state or revert their bankai back to its shikai form. This effect only lasts for 6 rounds for an opponent's shikai form and 3 rounds for an opponent’s bankai form. In addition, if the kai has no tangible form, the same effect may be applied by striking the opponent’s body.

Seeing that this ability is based on the connection a shinigami has with his/her zanpakutou, this ability can also be used against vizards by following the same rules. The only difference, however, is that if the vizard is masked, Kyuukyoku Tojikomemasu is rendered ineffective. In addition, any vizard can bypass the round limitation by calling upon his mask and then releasing his kai form.

The moment that his released blade makes contact with an opponent’s shikai or bankai, Kago can expend reiatsu equivalent to 5% of his opponent’s connection to revert their shikai back to its unreleased state or 8% to revert their bankai back to its unreleased state. This effect only lasts for 6 rounds for an opponent's shikai form and 3 rounds for an opponent’s bankai form. In addition, if the kai has no tangible form, the same effect may be applied by striking the opponent’s body.

On the Bankai version, it would be ineffective against Vizard Resurreccion (since that embraces the inner hollow and not the zan spirit), but other than that, the changes make sense to me. Approved.

This is normally the sort of thing you'd need a spec point for, since it has a pretty big impact on the effectiveness of the kai, but in talking with two of the other GMs, it was pretty much agreed that the kai shouldn't be completely useless against vizards.

So, approved with that one addition.

swaswj

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2008
Latens
8,028✦
Exa
⏆3,653
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
2⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
4⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
In regards to Garganta tech for Vizards:

[ Garganta ]

Using a Hollow's raw power, Vizards can tear holes in space, allowing them to move between dimensions. However, barriers like the one engulfing Seireitei cannot be penetrated using this ability. It takes time to prepare such a gate and two turns must be sacrificed to charge the gate. It cannot be used in combat.

[ A Vizard must have 5,000 Reiatsu in order to equip this tech]

Downgrading Garganta from a Feat to a Technique.

Vizard Racial Tech:

[ Garganta ]

The skill of opening, safely traversing through, and closing Garganta allows the user to travel between Hueco Mundo and the Living Realm. This entails donning the vizard mask, tapping the air there the Garganta opening should originate, and tearing a hole in dimensions large enough for a few people to walk abreast. The area between worlds is chaotic and the user must manipulate reiatsu to form a bridge beneath them. The gates may appear anywhere in the Living World or Hueco Mundo, excepting certain unique barriers like the one that once surrounded Las Noches, but it cannot travel to a different area within the same dimension the user is currently in.

Requirements: 3000 Reiatsu

Shadowwind

Araevis' Lead Ecologist
Apr 5, 2008
Latens
6,301✦
Exa
⏆1,591
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Since Van is keeping it I submit Air Of Fear for a GM look. My reasoning is that a debuff in addition to the inability to attack is far to overpowered for a division tech.

Air of Fear – Since the 3rd division is used to disrupt and scatter the enemy fronts during first strike, Ritoru has developed a technique that invokes an individual’s fear against them. By spending 3% reiatsu, the user’s eyes begin to glow a furious red and all those who find themselves within 5 meters are immediately subject to an enhanced, almost childlike, fear of the 3rd divisioner, relative to reiatsu. For those who are less than half, they are stricken with terror and can only attack every other round at a 25% decrease in effectiveness. For those of relative strength, they are badly shaken and can only attack every two out of three rounds at a 15% decrease in effectiveness. Those double or more strength are not affected. To keep this aura active, the practitioner must spend an additional 500 reiatsu per turn and can only sustain it for 3 plus 1 round for each 5000 reiatsu attained.

swaswj

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2008
Latens
8,028✦
Exa
⏆3,653
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
2⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
4⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Since Van is keeping it I submit Air Of Fear for a GM look. My reasoning is that a debuff in addition to the inability to attack is far to overpowered for a division tech.

Air of Fear – Since the 3rd division is used to disrupt and scatter the enemy fronts during first strike, Ritoru has developed a technique that invokes an individual’s fear against them. By spending 3% reiatsu, the user’s eyes begin to glow a furious red and all those who find themselves within 5 meters are immediately subject to an enhanced, almost childlike, fear of the 3rd divisioner, relative to reiatsu. For those who are less than half, they are stricken with terror and can only attack every other round at a 25% decrease in effectiveness. For those of relative strength, they are badly shaken and can only attack every two out of three rounds at a 15% decrease in effectiveness. Those double or more strength are not affected. To keep this aura active, the practitioner must spend an additional 500 reiatsu per turn and can only sustain it for 3 plus 1 round for each 5000 reiatsu attained.

Revised below:

Air of Fear
Since the Third Division is used to disrupt and scatter the enemy fronts during first strike, Ritoru has developed a technique that invokes an individual’s fear against them. By spending 3% reiatsu, the user’s eyes begin to glow a furious red and all those who find themselves within 5 meters are immediately subject to an enhanced, almost childlike, fear of the user. The effectiveness is relative to the victims' reiatsu; a weaker enemy would be able to attack only every other round, but even a strong enemy will falter one out of four rounds. To keep this aura active, the practitioner must spend an additional 500 reiatsu per turn and can only sustain it for 3 rounds plus 1 round for each 5000 reiatsu attained.​

Eidolon

Murderface Murderface
Sep 23, 2006
Latens
1,000✦
Exa
⏆500
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
[ Hollow Resiliency ]
Vizards gain the brute strength and ability to weather damage that they would have as a Hollow. For every increment of 2,500 Connection that a given Vizard gains, that Vizard gains a 1% damage reduction to a maximum of 10%. This damage-reduction property is active as long as a Vizard’s Mask is worn.

[Heirro]
While Arrancar can no longer regenerate quite the way they could as hollows, they have incredibly tough skin that makes damaging them a chore, if not impossible. For every 1,000 Control an Arrancar receives 2% damage reduction to a max of 20%.

Since we no longer work in damage calculations, I think a restructured DR standard would be better

Something like minor, moderate, major

Minor dr (vizard kind) you ignore minor wounds, moderates are minors, major + unchanged

moderate dr (arrancar) you ignore minor, moderate, majors are moderate

Heavy (special) You ignore minor, moderate, majors are minor wounds, and fatal are major wounds

Something like that, anyway.

swaswj

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2008
Latens
8,028✦
Exa
⏆3,653
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
2⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
4⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
[ Hollow Resiliency ]
Vizards gain the brute strength and ability to weather damage that they would have as a Hollow. For every increment of 2,500 Connection that a given Vizard gains, that Vizard gains a 1% damage reduction to a maximum of 10%. This damage-reduction property is active as long as a Vizard’s Mask is worn.

Since we no longer work in damage calculations, I think a restructured DR standard would be better

Something like minor, moderate, major

Minor dr (vizard kind) you ignore minor wounds, moderates are minors, major + unchanged

moderate dr (arrancar) you ignore minor, moderate, majors are moderate

Heavy (special) You ignore minor, moderate, majors are minor wounds, and fatal are major wounds

Something like that, anyway.

You bring up a good point. The only trick is to put it in a way where it scales up in some way. Here's what I came up with:

[ Hollow Resiliency ]
Vizards gain the brute strength and ability to weather damage that they would have as a Hollow. Beginning at 2500 Connection, while a Vizard is masked, they have an enhanced endurance to blows. Moderate ones become minor, and what would have been a minor injury is shrugged off altogether. Once Bankai or Resurreccion is attained, this hollow resiliency is so ingrained that the Vizard no longer needs to be masked to benefit from it.

[ Hierro ]
While Arrancar can no longer regenerate quite the way they could as hollows, they have incredibly tough skin that makes damaging them a chore, if not impossible. Even the weakest Arrancar ignore all minor injuries, with moderate attacks dealing only minor damage. At 10k Control, their Hierro is even more daunting: moderate and minor injuries are brushed off, and even major ones leave only moderate damage.

Eidolon

Murderface Murderface
Sep 23, 2006
Latens
1,000✦
Exa
⏆500
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
And to modify my ban kai attack to match the improved system

Attack – Ephemeral Dusk – 1% of Reiatsu
By spending 1% of his reiatsu, Theron can empower his scythes to slip past an enemy’s natural defenses, ingoring up to 10% damage resistance.

Attack - Ephemeral Dusk - 1% of Reiatsu
By spending 1% of his reiatsu, Theron can empower his scythes with an even greater capacity to damage for one round. For those without any sort of protective kidou, heiro, or vizard damage resistance, even minor contact with the blade will leave moderate wounding on their person. Those employing or possessing defensive mitigation however, find that his blows strike as normal, slipping past protections that ameliorate wounds received.

Lady Stumble

Jul 21, 2008
New York City
singgentleriver.deviantart.com
Latens
1,000✦
Exa
⏆500
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
0⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
0⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
-b.) Acquiring a Nexus and the Benefits of Having One

Most Advent Humans Awaken and grow stronger due to the influence of some other powerful spiritual entity, whether it is a Shinigami, Vizard, Quincy or even another Advent Human. This person who the Advent Human is linked to is called a Nexus and their fate is tied inexorably with that person. Typically, as the Nexus grows stronger, so does the Advent Human. An Advent Human fighting together with their Nexus is much stronger than he would be under normal circumstances.

However, because of this phenomenon, Advent Humans normally choose to become withdrawn from their family, friends, and normal lives after Awakening for fear of dragging their loved ones into their world.

Alright guys! Here’s a really cool thing about being an Advent Human! You get to draw some of your strength from a spiritual being of your choice! What does that mean?

In writing, this is your sort of spiritual inspiration. You’ll have a type of ‘connection’ with them. Outside of that what does it mean? Well, you’ll get a portion of your nexus’s grade every week the both of you write at least 1,000 words. Like all bonuses of any sort, you cannot collect if you don’t write.

If both parties write, you’ll take 10% of your nexus’s grade BEFORE any bonuses are tacked on to their grade. This 10% is a bonus for you and thus it does NOT go in to your harmony, just solely your stats.

So what does your nexus get out of it? Collabs with a Nexus are at 1.5x the normal grade for both parties.

So who can be your nexus? Anyone with a connection, harmony, etc of 5,000 points or more can become your Nexus. Be sure to collab with this person in order to draw from their power! It’s totally cheating to say, "Shinigami X is my Nexus!” then never, ever collab with them.

Ah, but that's not all the benefits of having a Nexus, my friends.

When fighting near a Nexus (in a collab, or nearby geographically if in PMs), the Advent Human gains 1% SP regeneration. When collabing with a Nexus, an Advent Human gains 25% increase in United Front, Resistance and Fate of Triangle abilities (Ex: an boost of 4% with United Front would be changed to a 5%).

If the Nexus PC leaves the game, an Advent Human must find a new Nexus. Multiple Advent Humans may be attached to the same Nexus.

Disclaimer: The following contains my personal observations only, and are not meant to be judging or accusing in any way.

This submission is based off of two cases:
1) This player has been a long-time rper within HD and from a conversation in chat, it seems apparent that the player's acquirement of a nexus was mostly only for the purposes of obtaining the bonuses attached.
2) The player held a high-level PC (7,000 reiatsu, I believe) while the player was writing with a nexus.

From what I have ascertained, a nexus is a plot tool which helps a new AH writer to creatively immerse their character into the spiritual world of Halcyon Days, much like an oog AND ig newbie bonus that takes in extra consideration for the Advent Humans who are often left behind in other matters. It gives the player an experienced buddy to write with who can help them with oog affairs and perhaps act as a mentor ig.

But because of the two cases as stated above, I feel that a reiatsu cap should be in place to limit the acquirement of a nexus to only these relatively new players. After talking it through in chat briefly, I'm proposing a reiatsu cap for the 1.5x collab bonus and the 10% bonus of having a nexus. This way, a writer with enough experience and with a strong enough character would not be able take advantage of these bonuses for grade purposes only.

While I am in favor of a reiatsu cap (3,000-4,000 reiatsu?), there has also been proposed a connection cap of 5,000, since once attaining that level, the character would be able to act as a nexus themselves. (In my opinion, there should be some gap between the caps for having a nexus and being one.)

That's it :).

PS. First time posting in this wonderfully new thread :D Exciting!

swaswj

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2008
Latens
8,028✦
Exa
⏆3,653
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
2⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
4⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
Okay. A number of people have weighed in on this subject. On top of receiving a rather long PM from Bob, I've spoken with a number of players, including Zenny and Stephie, about what Nexus bonus is, and what its pros and cons are.

Before I get to that, let me get something out of the way:

Tenchra said:
As sing made a post I wanted to debate this idea as I disagree with it, and I didn't want to make the post in the GM review and make this a big deal. So I am submitting my thoughts to you in PM, and you can do as you wish.

The idea of a nexus has never been to 'help new players' as it is to give the Ah a uniwue mechanic. Such as the Vizards having a special ability in thier Shikai or the fact thier mask can save their life. Each race was given something special to separate them.

The nexus is a conenction beteween two forces that it is there to enhance the AH. This is illustrated by the collab bonus and the 10% increase from your nexus. The other benefits of having a nexus is the fact it increases effects such as United Front and the later improvements of such abilities.

The idea that Nexus should be limited to newer players to help is both inaccurate as it was proposed that it is only for newer players to get a feel for the RP, and I ask how does getting points help you get a feel for the RP?

As it has been seen, no matter how long someone is in the rp, thier writing style is not determined by the number of points they get from a grade. We have people who write so much they can reach the 4k or even 5k limit as Sing proposed and they loose the plot tool for their character. We have seen them achieve this mark faster in Pm's such as we are in. Or we have people who have been here for so long, but still do not have a real grasp of writing and thier style is that on par with with newer people.

There are set limiters into the Nexus itself such as both parties have to write atleast 1k a week, and if it feels this is low perhaps upgrade that to 2k or 3k. But limiting when Nexus can be allowed to be use, will destroy the mechanic altogether.

I will use myself as a reference, I am currently playing as an Ah and I have Bliss as my nexus, we collabed once so far, and we plan to do more after PMs as we know how hectic they can be. From this week, I have gained 26 points from her, for her being my nexus. This 26 is not a substantial amount of points, and she wrote quite a few things. In a few weeks I may have gained somewhere around 100-200 points in the course of several weeks. In way do i think this is game breaking. The amount is so small, and I would hate to see something so unique go away, despite how many people use it. This is a special mechanic and I dont think it should go away.

as I stated I didn't know how to respond, and I wanted to give me opinion on the matter, as i was one of the reasons she felt to submit this. If this was supposed to go to the same thread, you can paste it in there word for word, I have no shame in what I said.

Perhaps something needs to be changed with nexus, but I feel Sing is looking at it wrong.

This has been bothering me for quite some time, so I'm going to put it to a rest here:

Bob, neither I nor anybody else in this RP are interested in your personal feud with Sing. I do believe that had anyone else at all submitted this for review, you wouldn't have said a word. If you continue to chip away at the foundation of this RP or the factions in this RP in order to get your personal satisfaction against Sing, you will be banned. If I receive complaints that you are doing the same thing toward another member of the RP, you will be banned. If you again try to use Lambo or Kago or anyone else as scapegoats for your own agendas, you will be banned.

That being said, I took your contrived defense under advisement, though I found it lacking. I do believe that the Nexus bonus needs adjustment, as do most of the people I've spoken to. I don't believe Sing's suggestion is the way to do it, however.

So here we go:

Most Advent Humans Awaken and grow stronger due to the influence of some other powerful spiritual entity, whether it is a Shinigami, Vizard, Quincy or even another Advent Human. This person who the Advent Human is linked to is called a Nexus and their fate is tied inexorably with that person, identified as a Node. Typically, as the Nexus grows stronger, so does their Node. An Advent Human fighting together with their Nexus is much stronger than he would be under normal circumstances.

However, because of this phenomenon, Advent Humans normally choose to become withdrawn from their family, friends, and normal lives after Awakening for fear of dragging their loved ones into their world.

A Nexus can be any Shinigami, Vizard, or human with at least 5000 Connection or Harmony.

When bonded to a Nexus, a newer human starting out will realize rapid surges in the development of their powers. What this means is that once a human attains a Nexus, for the next three weeks they will gain 10% to all stats after applying their grade -- if they and their Nexus write at least 2000 words with each other. After the first week's bonus is attained, the other two must be taken or lost; if you skip the second or third week, that bonus is gone. This bonus only applies to a human with less than 4000 reiatsu, and is only available to a player once, even if they switch to a new character.

After that three-week bonus or after the human has attained 4000 reiatsu, any time the Nexus and Node collab with each other, they will both receive a +100 Nexus Bonus to reiatsu for that week. The Nexus receives this bonus for the first three weeks, also.

The main benefit of having a Nexus is the powerful bond between the Nexus and Node. As long as they remain linked, the wordcount requirements for United Front, United Resistance, and Fate of Triangles are reduced by 1/3rd. Rather than reaching United Front lvl 1 at 35k, a Nexus would reach UF lvl 1 with their Node at around 23k.

When collabing with a Nexus, an Advent Human gains 25% increase in United Front, United Resistance and Fate of Triangle abilities. A boost of 4% with United Front would be increased to 5%, for example.

If the Nexus PC leaves the game, an Advent Human must find a new Nexus. A Nexus may be attached to only one Node at a time.

Of course, this means that TNK has a tech slot freed up, since this invalidates Innocence.

swaswj

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2008
Latens
8,028✦
Exa
⏆3,653
Bounty
⏈0
Dahlitium (⏆50 per)
2⌯
Bigatium (⏆100 per)
4⍨
Auritium (⏆300 per)
0⍫
Vitatium (⏆1200 per)
0⌭
Caelitium (⏆6000 per)
0⌬
And to modify my ban kai attack to match the improved system

Attack – Ephemeral Dusk – 1% of Reiatsu
By spending 1% of his reiatsu, Theron can empower his scythes to slip past an enemy’s natural defenses, ingoring up to 10% damage resistance.

Attack - Ephemeral Dusk - 1% of Reiatsu
By spending 1% of his reiatsu, Theron can empower his scythes with an even greater capacity to damage for one round. For those without any sort of protective kidou, heiro, or vizard damage resistance, even minor contact with the blade will leave moderate wounding on their person. Those employing or possessing defensive mitigation however, find that his blows strike as normal, slipping past protections that ameliorate wounds received.

It seems redundant to say it works on people without kidou protection, but if they employ protection his blows strike as normal, etc. Just rate your offense against their defense. If they cancel each other out, then write it that way.

Attack - Ephemeral Dusk

By spending 1% of his reiatsu, Theron can empower his scythes with an even greater capacity to damage for one round. The damage dealt by Theron becomes more pronounced, with even minor injuries blossoming into moderate wounds, and a moderate wound causing heavy bleeding.

Patreon

Writing Week is 506

Discord Chat

Current Date in Araevis